Code of Conduct

Default Insurrection II Wild Appreciation Thread

House: Reyane Tradition
    Type: Tobacco/vanilla/cherry gourmand

Every once in a bleu moon a fragrance comes along and wows.

This is what is/has happened with I2W by Reyane Tradition.

Cherry tobacco with vanilla and the icy crispness of camphor.

All equally present at the right measurements...

Result: Sweet decadent gourmand with a seriousness about its business you simply can't fault it.

Yes, it is supposed to be a clone, (Pure Havane/Pure Malt) but it is better than these IMO.

Maybe it's a skin chemistry thing, who knows; but it's got my attention for years now, during the fall.

As fall approaches/arrives in full swing I will be wearing this perhaps a lot.

If you have been put off by the name/hype/origins, I encourage you to give it a shot.

At roughly 20 bucks currently, it is hardly a loss if you don't like it. 2W.jpg
    Waiting for Hednic's 8th star

Default Re: Insurrection II Wild Appreciation Thread

Love it. Great versatility. Good for dates or office. It's formal and casual.

Ive never smelled Pure Havane but i own Pure Malt the Wild does not smell like pure malt.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Own and like it. A nice inexpensive mass-market scent good on its own merits.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Sounds nice. Pretty bottle. Where can you buy?

I thought pure Havane was too sweet. Plus I hate dna of amen

Basenotes Junkie

Yes yes yes. The Mugler is to sweet for me. And I get a strong Carmex/camphor smell from Insurrection and it's not to cloying sweet. I find it absolutely wonderful smell. Unfortunately for me, I purchased it last year and the performance was abysmally abysmal..... the top would be gone in an hour and the base would be there for twelve but it set a few inches from my skin. Haven't touched it in almost a year, and damn near praying to the smell gods that the bottle has opened up and works better. I wish it performed like Bogart Pour Homme.. smell wise, yes it is far better than the Mugler.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Sounds nice. Pretty bottle. Where can you buy?
    Fragrancenet carries it: https://www.fragrancenet.com/cologne...ogle_us#294743
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.