Code of Conduct

Default Fake Carnal Flower on UK eBay?

Noticed these two today and whilst the bottles look genuine, the packaging is wrong. The back box is normally grey (not white) and has a reflective base under the foam. Then theres the foam itself. All my Malle's have a tight, dense black foam. Not this loose grey fleck foam. They dont look legit to me. Maybe re-bottled empties with fake liquid that people are trying to pass off as authentic juice?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Frederic-...kAAOSwMtpbn8D0

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FREDERIC-...8AAOSwcxhbfrBo

Default Re: Fake Carnal Flower on UK eBay?

The first one looks chipped and cracked at the centre of the base. So I doubt it's brand new/never used.

The second auction is hilarious. How many almost identical out of focus pictures can you take of one product?

I can't speak to their authenticity.

The second bottle; I’ve never seen anything of large value shipped in that cheap plastic foam. Especially not product from an established luxury brand.

Missing Oakmoss

From the standpoint of packaging, the first one looks okay (though chipped, as Suspended notes), but the second one is laughable.

I would put my money on the first being fake too. The top doesn’t come down far enough on the bottle and the sprayer is way too long in the bottle. Look on google all of malles fragrances have a sprayer that is cut at the bottom and on that one it’s way too large. Little details are always what gives away fakes. If you do buy it though eBay will probably refund you.

Quote Originally Posted by CutSmut View Post
    I would put my money on the first being fake too.
    I think you're right.

The top doesn’t come down far enough on the bottle and the sprayer is way too long in the bottle. Look on google all of malles fragrances have a sprayer that is cut at the bottom and on that one it’s way too large. Little details are always what gives away fakes. If you do buy it though eBay will probably refund you.
    Although the lid might not be pushed down fully on the first picture, the feeder tube is far too long for a Malle (on both bottles.)

Missing Oakmoss

I would put my money on the first being fake too. The top doesn’t come down far enough on the bottle and the sprayer is way too long in the bottle. Look on google all of malles fragrances have a sprayer that is cut at the bottom and on that one it’s way too large. Little details are always what gives away fakes. If you do buy it though eBay will probably refund you.
    Yes, you are right! Good catch.

Yes, you're right about the sprayer. Never noticed that before but normally all Malle's are centred.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

If it were me, I would pass on both for many reasons already given.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.