Code of Conduct
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Champion Thread Killer

Blog Entries

Default Re: So...what happened to Basenotes? And why do you stay here?

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    (I would so buy that.)

sings:: and the truth you may be running from is so small
    IMPORTANT! Marine, Navy, civilian, born there, lived or worked at Camp LeJeune, NC 30 consecutive or non-consecutive days or more from 1954 through 1987? Check out online: https://www.benefits.va.gov/COMPENSA...eune-water.asp Significant VA compensation available for many chemically induced cancers and other diseases.
    Currently wearing: Cumming by Alan Cumming

I'm glad this thread has sparked some positive, constructive discussion. I do a lot of stupid things late at night, but starting this thread wasn't one of them, thankfully.
    Glad to see all of the great posts (grabbing some popcorn and reading, very insightful posts).

Oops I see and apparently the person who mentioned the rather broken english at the end is going to be the person that understands me the better, we will.
    The truth is that I had found that funny to me and not at all offensive and I acted with spirit...

But what do you think you are, dude? A little sense of education. Do it with style, character.

Dude? Felicia? Pistols? Goes personal?
    My gosh you've seen very little world, uncle.
    It will be that you will be very busy with English being a language so complicated! Or point of comparison with the Chinese, Spanish or Arabic.

And if I put in your block list, you put me and go... no need to make an advertisement.
    Do you think that a guy who has been reading this forum since 2005 with fifty-something messages will take care about it? I don't think that nobody cares more than you.

And nothing has happened here. First and foremost education and high-level cynicism.
    They will call attention to me now, that is the funny thing.

I am not of people who used the forums to make friends and foes. Neither sides nor gang, I have neither war nor guns.

So low the tone, Zealot.
    Last edited by Pipistrello; 10th October 2018 at 10:44 AM.

Wearing Perfume Right Now

Quote Originally Posted by Pipistrello View Post
    We talk about luxury products yes, what you want, but to make a good BMW or Ferrari you need good parts, motor, and a brain designer.
    Chanel handbags may be overrated, of course! it is already presupposed ...
    But it is also assumed that the leather is of first quality, or even exclusive.
    Etc
    That’s the hope, and the searching is fun! There’s so much out there. You would want to persist, surely, to celebrate the house that gets it right?

Regards, Pipi
    Regards and a raise of the pint glass to you, Pipi!

Blog Entries

Oops I see and apparently the person who mentioned the rather broken english at the end is going to be the person that I understand me better, we will.
    The truth is that I had found that funny to me and not at all offensive and I acted with spirit...

But what do you think you are, dude? A little sense of education. Do it with style, character.

Dude? Felicia? Pistols? Goes personal?
    My gosh you've seen very little world, uncle.
    It will be that you will be very busy with English being a language so complicated! Or point of comparison with the Chinese, Spanish or Arabic.

And if I put in your block list, you put me and go... no need to make an advertisement.
    Do you think that a guy who has been reading this forum since 2005 with fifty-something messages will take care about it? I don't think that nobody cares more than you.

And nothing has happened here. First and foremost education and high-level cynicism.
    They will call attention to me now, that is the funny thing.

I am not of people who used the forums to make friends and foes. Neither sides nor gang, I have neither war nor guns.

So low the tone, Zealot.
    Zealot uses common American slang phrases and metaphors that hold no low tone for us, except maybe the "Bye, Felicia" phrase (which he had to explain to me as well.) It's a pop culture reference that just means he wants to end an interaction.

I think he believes that he is anybody's equal and that his opinions matter. I think he believes he cares about this forum in particularly, and humanity in general. Those are the things I believe about him.

It's also my feeling that telling someone they are going on your ignore list is much more polite than simply leaving them in confusion, still trying to converse with a digital wall. The ignore list is quite valuable (for someone of passion) to truly retreat from a conflict and allows a cooling off period. It is generally used by people with good intentions to avoid escalating disagreements.

I'm not sure you have educated me, but I applaud the recognition of your own cynicism. I'm sure it's not a pleasant state. Much of what you say is true, but only about some houses. There are many people with fine spirits who live and work outside the mainstreams of corporate marketing and unbridled greed.

I expect you will find something in this well meaning post of mine to be angry about in your current state of mind. Many of us seem to be venting frustrations in this thread, and I invite you to do the same, within the limits of the rules of basenotes, of course. I will say though, for a man who doesn't care, it strikes me as odd you seem to need the last word.
    A bull in a china shop doesn't take damage. She delivers it.
    Currently wearing: Day Dreams by Montale

Quote Originally Posted by Shycat View Post
    Zealot uses common American slang phrases and metaphors that hold no low tone for us, except maybe the "Bye, Felicia " phrase (which He had to explain to me as Well.) It's a pop culture reference that just means he wants to end an Interaction.
    Whatever, Dude.
    Lets focus in the form not in the background- when is useful for us: that would not also be considered cynicism?

I think he believes that he is anybody's equal and that his opinions matter. I think he believes he cares about this forum in particular, and humanity in General. Those are the things I believe about Him.
    For the sake of mankind, he should leave the pistols; I recommend it.
    I personally have never been given good impression to put them together with words like humanity.

It's also my feeling that telling someone they are going on your ignore list is much more polite than simply leaving them in confusion, still trying to converse with a digital Wall. The Ignore list is quite valuable (for someone of Passion) to truly retreat from a conflict and allows a cooling off period. It is generally used by people with good intentions to avoid escalating disagreements.
    I don't even know what blocking list is; I never think I've never used it and I think I have never been blocked. For me it is a tool more of this modern tools that are the mass media that prevents people to engage more face-to-face relationships and instead of facing the vicissitudes of life, that confuse arguing with the fight.

I'm Not sure you have educated me , but I applaud the recognition of your own Cynicism. I'm Sure it's not a pleasant State. Much of what you say is true, but only about some houses. There are many people with fine spirits who live and work outside the mainstream of corporate marketing and unbridled greed.
    If you think I own the true truth you should realize this is wrong, I always remark that what I write is my opinion.
    Because people disagree, and they talk about Things.
    Why do you think sometimes you need that touch of cynicism? To provoke a reaction.

Why has there not been a debate about this issues in 2 page or 3 or have other people exposed their points of views?
    and has gone as 98% of the cases to coarse salt, anecdote, masturbation lofty?

I expect you will find something in this well meaning post of mine to be angry about in your current state of mind. Many of us seem to be venting frustrations in this thread, and I invite you to do the same, within the limits of the rules of basenotes, of Course. I will say though, for a man who doesn't care, it strikes me as odd you seem to need the last Word.

I've never been one of the people who need the last Word. In fact, I didn't intend to answer any more. The last time I posted was before a 24-hour trip.
    This afternoon I arrived, I saw the thread and I wanted to answer.
    For some time I did not wanted; from long time I didnt.

But in any case I won't participate anymore, I don't feel like it anymore.
    But I felt bored, my suitcaise did not arrive yet.

Regards, Pipi

Blog Entries

Regards, Pipi. Good luck with your suitcase, and have a successful trip!
    A bull in a china shop doesn't take damage. She delivers it.
    Currently wearing: Day Dreams by Montale

Solipsism

i like to re-read my own posts

Frequency of posting depends on factors such as struggle to stay awake, travel times, queues. Why BN? Appeals to interests, also would find it hard to find people here that one wants to strangle (and even then they'd at least smell nice). What has changed? Aventus instead of Pure Malt and fewer threads about gendering perfume.

Always be smelling

I don't even know what blocking list is; I never think I've never used it and I think I have never been blocked. For me it is a tool more of this modern tools that are the mass media that prevents people to engage more face-to-face relationships and instead of facing the vicissitudes of life, that confuse arguing with the fight.
    Block list are used to silence the messages of people you do not want to hear from.
    It has its advantages (to silence trolls) and disadvantages (creating echo chambers and filtering out people who you disagree with or dislike)
    As shycat mentioned , it is very useful when you want to cool off. In real life one can walk away or say I don't want to talk about it. Can't do so on internet so blocking for a day or week helps.
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit

Quote Originally Posted by epapsiou View Post
    Block list are used to silence the messages of people you do not want to hear from.
    It has its advantages (to silence trolls) and disadvantages (creating echo chambers and filtering out people who you disagree with or dislike)
    As shycat mentioned , it is very useful when you want to cool off. In real life one can walk away or say I don't want to talk about it. Can't do so on internet so blocking for a day or week helps.
    It's a good feature to have available. Personally, I don't or wouldn't use it, but it's still nice for those who have different sensibilities. Other platforms have it and genuinely need it due to the vitriol one encounters on Social media. This place keeps the most contentious topics off limits.....and that's a good thing. There's plenty of places one can go if they want that sort of thing.

I'm more intrigued by differences here than offended by them. Most don't warrant a response since we all have a right to opinion.
    Currently wearing: Bond-T by Sammarco

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5