Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Default Re: Aventus Cologne..... woot....???

Quote Originally Posted by Dandydude View Post
    https://www.beverlyhillsperfumery.com

A little info fro a very reliable source

Read under “social” the link won’t copy

https://www.instagram.com/p/BohI11IHM4l/

Surprised there's not more talk about this. Anyone hear any updates other than this Instagram link?
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Hello all. I just spoke with my contact at the Creed Boutique in NY. Aventus Cologne is definitely real and coming out sometime in May. He could not describe the scent but did say it was a Universal/Unisex. Bottle will be matte grey.

I can’t wait to get my hands on this.... I’m imagining Aventus X Curve (Liz Claiborne) lol.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

I'll wait until Nieman marcus gets it.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Can a mod merge this thread with the newer one?

- - - Updated - - -

For note breakdown:

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26158382.html
    "Where there's gold, there's a gold digger" -Dashboard Confessional
    Currently wearing: Rochas Man by Rochas

Banned

Whats interesting is that batch 18K11 of Aventus had a very slight minty accord that appeared at the opening and it worked quite nicely with the usual Aventian structure so it must already be in production for that blip to occur.

Its interesting that its called cologne yet the blurb states its EDP concentration and the notes are nearly identical as the original so I'm wondering what exactly will differentiate this release? Unless it is, as I suspect, a weaker version they'll punt out at a lower price in order to fully exploit what remains of the user base and expand market share at the lower end of the scale before they unveil the true follow up to Aventus next year as its DNA has become very commonplace now.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    so I'm wondering what exactly will differentiate this release?
    Very interested in knowing this also.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

New update from creed official website: COMING JUNE 2019

Quote Originally Posted by eqbal View Post
    New update from creed official website: COMING JUNE 2019
    Appreciate the update.

I read a rumor on this forum that this will be a greener Aventus.

A "fresher" Aventus. lol

The Creed SA just told me there was a Aventus Unisex coming in June. Maybe this is it. I told her I liked the pineapple note and there wasn't one in the women's version. I don't know about a cologne though in terms of longevity. We'll see.

We'll see. A Creed boutique SA in Las Vegas told me last August that the deodorants were coming back in February 2019, but that never happened, so we'll see.

Basenotes Plus

The fact that they put mint in this tells me that Viking was their aimed fragrance at the brand's take on 'mint' and it didn't get the sales they wanted, so they are going with a 'flanker' on the name of Aventus. This is not Creed's style. Viking is great and sometimes you have to let a Creed scent take time to gain traction. I will not be buying this abomination and will instead double down on Viking being the real 'mint'/spicy scent of Creed. I think Aventus Cologne as a flanker 'cheapens' Creed. That's my opinion. And it may signal the eventual demise, aka, 'vaulting' of Viking someday, which will make Viking the real valuable unicorn among fragrance enthusiasts.
    Currently wearing: Spice and Wood by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Has anyone bought this yet? Getting ready to place my order.
    The email Creed sent out in the UK states "Launching June 2019 with a limited stock"

Although its available to order from the UK Creedfragrance site in 100ml now

Edit: Its now out of stock
    Currently wearing: Oligarch by Roja Dove

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
    The email Creed sent out in the UK states "Launching June 2019 with a limited stock"

Although its available to order from the UK Creedfragrance site in 100ml now
    Thank you.

Just saw this on the creedfragrances.co.uk website

Aventus Cologne
    The House of Creed is proud to introduce Aventus Cologne - a new legend that perfectly complements its acclaimed forerunner, Aventus. Perfect for the daring, urban-spirited man, this Eau de Parfum is inspired by a classic uplifting cologne; revitalising the wearer with alluring fresh vigour.

A fruity yet aromatic burst of ginger, mandarin and pink peppercorn
    is complemented by a sumptuous heart of patchouli, sandalwood and vetiver.
    A leathery balsamic base of styrax, birch, musk and tonka provides the final touch to this vibrant new scent.
    A cult classic with a rebellious modern twist, Aventus Cologne embodies vitality, success, true grit and style.

So would seem a completely different note pyramid!

Currently wearing: Jubilation XXV by Amouage

There is a sign-up list for updates on the USA website. Says coming in June.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbouti View Post
    Just saw this on the creedfragrances.co.uk website

Aventus Cologne
    The House of Creed is proud to introduce Aventus Cologne - a new legend that perfectly complements its acclaimed forerunner, Aventus. Perfect for the daring, urban-spirited man, this Eau de Parfum is inspired by a classic uplifting cologne; revitalising the wearer with alluring fresh vigour.

A fruity yet aromatic burst of ginger, mandarin and pink peppercorn
    is complemented by a sumptuous heart of patchouli, sandalwood and vetiver.
    A leathery balsamic base of styrax, birch, musk and tonka provides the final touch to this vibrant new scent.
    A cult classic with a rebellious modern twist, Aventus Cologne embodies vitality, success, true grit and style.

So would seem a completely different note pyramid!

Lol this is an entirely different fragrance. They must want it to sell well if they’re hitching it to the Aventus name. Wonder how it will smell...June isn’t that far away I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigserver1 View Post
    Lol this is an entirely different fragrance. They must want it to sell well if they’re hitching it to the Aventus name. Wonder how it will smell...June isn’t that far away I guess.
    Yes that's how I understood it. A bit like how Dior stole the name 'Sauvage' from 'Eau Sauvage'.

Banned

Hmm, new notes are interesting - especially as there is no mint? Makes me wonder if the sites got the pyramid wrong first (although I'm sure the official site had the same at one point?) and this is the actual notes or if Creed switched it up to offer a new scent under the Aventus name?

Either way its a very odd strategy for a house that doesn't do flankers and that 18K11 mint accord still makes me think this is something they switched up at the last minute because it popping up in a batch and then vanishing would be strange if the variations weren't par for the course.

It is expected to be made available on June 1'st.
    Interesting to see the "Parfum cologne" route being taken by Creed as well. (I first came across it with Roja Dove Elysium)

Even though a blind buy is a risky proposition, I expect it to be very easy to sell/split to curious Aventians.
    (Yes, my finger is on the trigger)
    Last edited by Sambuccashake; 8th May 2019 at 06:24 AM.

Wonder if they’ll do a sample bomb like with Viking

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Sambuccashake View Post
    Even though a blind buy is a risky proposition, I expect it to be very easy to sell/split to curious Aventians.
    (Yes, my finger is on the trigger)
    Creed is pretty much the only house I feel comfortable blind buying

They added citrus note on top and vetiver note in the mid. Basically, a fresher version of Aventus.

Quote Originally Posted by rog.kwi View Post
    They added citrus note on top and vetiver note in the mid. Basically, a fresher version of Aventus.
    That's pretty much what the Creed rep had told me when he spoke to me about it.

We'll see how it is, can't judge it yet need to smell it first. I have a hard time to imagine how this can be even fresher than EDP. I mean the latest batches, K11, P01, P11 are very bright/fresh. I'm excited

I'm cautiously optimistic

Let's remember when Acqua di Parma launched Colonia Club as the "greener ADP Colonia"

Confirmed pre-order today. It’s a fresh/woods take on Aventus. Less pineapple, more ginger/citrus this time. Reception with testers has been positive in boutique.

Basenotes Junkie

I wonder when we'll be able to buy it in EU

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast