Code of Conduct
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Default Re: Aventus Cologne..... woot....???

My wife really liked it on me when I got home tonight. So it has staying power. But I could barely detect it. Like regular Aventus.

Smells exactly like Zara Vibrant Leather. Nothing special.

Have wore this 'out' twice now. First time a friend was talking to me about something and out of the blue mentioned a really expensive aftrershave he used to buy called Creed lol,

I didnt say anything in response to it, This was about 4 hours applying.

Second time I was talking to a woman at a bar and was told I smelled like fabric softner lol - I have these exact words said to me when wearing Aventus!

I really like it to be honest, maybe because I am new and not comparing as much as others.

Im 30 and in all that time from age of 17 ish going out etc. I have had one person comment on my aftershave and that was a hair dresser so im not counting that ( was Boss Orange).

Nearly everytime wearing Aventus or Aventus Cologne I have had either a compliment (sometimes from men) or a at least a comment about my aftershave (no bad ones).

Basenotes Junkie

I finally got my hands on a sample and smelled this on a strip at Neiman Marcus today. The opening/top reminds me a ton of Aventus, but it’s definitely lighter. I need to get a couple wearings to get a full idea of it, but at the very least it smells nice. Worth $435? Probably not, but decant/gray market worthy? Very possibly.

Wow, gotta give it to them...It took over a month, but they finally delivered my free sample...I'll give this a wearing later today.

Basenotes Junkie

I've worn the sample twice now. It doesn't do much for me. It reminds me fleetingly of Mandarino di Amalfi, but I far prefer the Tom Ford.

I'll keep wearing the sample and trying it out, but at this point it's not even decant worthy to me. I liked Viking at first and then grew to love it. Aventus Cologne is a "meh" right now that I don't expect to grow into much of anything but that. Time will tell.

Have been testing it for two days now, I even had Aventus (2014 batch) on one hand and the new Cologne on the other. OG Aventus is just so much better, the new cologne smells like an Aventus clone mixed with some other fresh generic fragrances like VPH, Polo Blue etc.

Question...is anyone getting crap longevity out of this?