Code of Conduct
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Default Re: Aventus Cologne..... woot....???

My wife really liked it on me when I got home tonight. So it has staying power. But I could barely detect it. Like regular Aventus.

Smells exactly like Zara Vibrant Leather. Nothing special.

Have wore this 'out' twice now. First time a friend was talking to me about something and out of the blue mentioned a really expensive aftrershave he used to buy called Creed lol,

I didnt say anything in response to it, This was about 4 hours applying.

Second time I was talking to a woman at a bar and was told I smelled like fabric softner lol - I have these exact words said to me when wearing Aventus!

I really like it to be honest, maybe because I am new and not comparing as much as others.

Im 30 and in all that time from age of 17 ish going out etc. I have had one person comment on my aftershave and that was a hair dresser so im not counting that ( was Boss Orange).

Nearly everytime wearing Aventus or Aventus Cologne I have had either a compliment (sometimes from men) or a at least a comment about my aftershave (no bad ones).

Basenotes Junkie

I finally got my hands on a sample and smelled this on a strip at Neiman Marcus today. The opening/top reminds me a ton of Aventus, but it’s definitely lighter. I need to get a couple wearings to get a full idea of it, but at the very least it smells nice. Worth $435? Probably not, but decant/gray market worthy? Very possibly.

Wow, gotta give it to them...It took over a month, but they finally delivered my free sample...I'll give this a wearing later today.

Basenotes Junkie

I've worn the sample twice now. It doesn't do much for me. It reminds me fleetingly of Mandarino di Amalfi, but I far prefer the Tom Ford.

I'll keep wearing the sample and trying it out, but at this point it's not even decant worthy to me. I liked Viking at first and then grew to love it. Aventus Cologne is a "meh" right now that I don't expect to grow into much of anything but that. Time will tell.

Have been testing it for two days now, I even had Aventus (2014 batch) on one hand and the new Cologne on the other. OG Aventus is just so much better, the new cologne smells like an Aventus clone mixed with some other fresh generic fragrances like VPH, Polo Blue etc.

Question...is anyone getting crap longevity out of this?

Basenotes Member

Today I finally put my hands over 2 samples Frome nose.fr.
    Today I was wearing Aventus EDP from the morning so I must admit my nose was proved by the anosmia it causes to me, however I decided to give just one shot of the Cologne to try.
    At first I only smelled something very close to Allure Homme Sport, then it settled down and it seams ADG profumo without the frankincense note. I repeat: my nose was masked and knocked down by a whole day wearing Aventus, but I am totally disappointed. I don't want to smell like AHS at all.
    Next try will be made after at least 24 hours of skin totally stripped down of any parfum, in the hope of smell something different.

Inviato dal mio MI 9 utilizzando Tapatalk

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bķzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by leor_77 View Post
    Question...is anyone getting crap longevity out of this?
    I happen to get good longevity from this one.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

If you had to pick just one Creed fragrance, which one? Original Aventus or the new cologne?

I received a sample of the Aventus Cologne and really like it...but it wouldnít hurt to grab a sample of the original Aventus to compare. My local Nordstrom carries Creed. I wonder if they give out samples...?

Quote Originally Posted by walds11 View Post
    If you had to pick just one Creed fragrance, which one? Original Aventus or the new cologne?

I received a sample of the Aventus Cologne and really like it...but it wouldn’t hurt to grab a sample of the original Aventus to compare. My local Nordstrom carries Creed. I wonder if they give out samples...?
    SMW for me...Unique, fresh, great smelling.

Nordstroms WILL make you samples.

Quote Originally Posted by walds11 View Post
    Original Aventus
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by leor_77 View Post
    SMW for me...Unique, fresh, great smelling.

Nordstroms WILL make you samples.
    My bad, my local Nordstrom doesnít stock Creed, but the local Neiman Marcus (NM) does. I recall hitting myself with a few sprays of the original Aventus a while ago. It was strong stuff, but nice. The cologne is definitely more toned down. I need to go to NM and get some samples. Iíll check out SMW. Iíve always been intrigued by Creed...

This is my current fragrance collection: RL Safari, YSL LíHomme and Gucci Guilty.

Super late to the party, finally got around to trying this out. At first I thought I might "like" it more than the original, it seemed I guess indeed a well fresher version of aventus. But you know pretty quickly the musk became over powering for me. Like I mean this is extremely musky smelling to me, maybe its that its cold here now so its a bad time to be smelling this and the mix isnt good. But I thought this smelled old and dated in a negative way. Like I already consider the original aventus to be fragrance personally as it smells more mature, but this after the beginning. Well man this gives me memories of being a kid when you smell your uncle or other old relative when they go in for a hug. I guess my only analogy could be someone was like hey can you make a cleaner fresher more "fun" aventus? ya sure thing boss. Later on your boss is like well where is it? And youre like oh shit I left it in my grandpas bathroom cupboard all go get it. You run to your grandparents house, and you go to the bathroom and just that sorta thick bathroom smell of someone old spraying on deodorandt, cologne, shaving cream whatever they have been doing, and now its seeped into your fresher aventus.. theres no turning back.. its the deadline, your job is on the line.. This is it.. This is.. Le aventus cologne

I think classic is fairer than old, but good description.

For me, it's like one of the Chanell Allure Sport scents (can't remember which) with Hermes Fraiche, and maybe a bit of Montblanc Explorer thrown in. That's the general 'tone' of the scent. I'm a fan, I'll be honest. Love the orange. It's different enough to Aventus to merit wearing both, and it basically smells like the best 'modern cologne' I've tried. Classic yet new. It's just...the longevity is so poor. Its lack of wearabiity diminishes it in my eyes (and nose). I would love it but for the fact I can't smell it at all after about 4 hours. That's not good enough, tbh.

Does anyone know if Aventus Cologne will be released in flacons? 250ml or 500ml (not sure what that is in ozs, 8oz maybe? sorry americans). It's just too costly for the 50ml or 100ml bottles per ml, but I'd consider buying a flacon if it were the same price as the original.
    "Colourless green ideas sleep furiously."

Yep, it's basically a Chanel fragrance with a Creed label on. They are really pulling the wool over people's eyes with this.
    Currently wearing: 17/17 Richwood by Xerjoff

Quote Originally Posted by slpfrsly View Post
    Does anyone know if Aventus Cologne will be released in flacons? 250ml or 500ml
    Haven't seen it yet but wouldn't be surprised if it were.

Thanks hednic
    "Colourless green ideas sleep furiously."

Basenotes Member

I personally really like Aventus Cologne for the office. It has all the same characteristics of Aventus without the signature Pineapple note for a nice difference and variation. I'm surprised so many are hating on this. I love Aventus so much I have 3 back up bottles and am on the hunt for a 4th! My line up is Aventus, Viking, Original Santal, Original Vetiver, Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, Royal Oud, Silver Mountain Water, Virgin Island Water and Aventus Cologne to round things off. I also have a nice Floris collection and have my first Xerjoff on its way, Richwood!