Code of Conduct
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Monthly Samples

Just Starting Out Sponsor
    Wearing Perfume Right Now

Default Re: Monthly Samples

Quote Originally Posted by notspendingamillion View Post
    Freetrapper by D.S. & Durga

Less wild than the name would imply. It has a central quality that is medicinal and camphor like. This hangs around straight through the opening and the heart. The castoreum here is quite sanitized until it reads almost as just a weak dirty leather. It overall has a feel that is semi balsamic. There is a bit of smokyness that emerges in the heart and stays for the duration. Longevity seemed average, but was reduced to a skin scent after about only two hours or so.
    I’m always curious to smell this house in the shop. I’ve never had samples to have a chance to wear any of them.

Basenotes Plus

1861 Naxos by Xerjoff

Opens with a tonka lemon bergamot mix. The citrus all but disappears after about 45 minutes. It lives a good amount of its life as a tonka honey cashmeran lavendar tobbacco fragrance. I sprayed polo supreme cashmere on a bag a couple weeks ago and got pretty used to picking out cashmeran, so maybe that is why it stood out so predominately to me. It does have tobacco, but it just doesnt read very loud. About in the same strength as the lavendar. But this is a decidedly sweet fragrance, that because it stays a bit drier, smells more expensive that edible. Great performance. Lasted well, above average projection.
    Itís tragic to think that heroic manís great destiny is to become economic man, that men will be reduced to craven creatures who crawl across the globe competing for money, who spend their nights dreaming up new ways to swindle each other.
    Currently wearing: Cool Water by Davidoff

Basenotes Plus

2 Man by Comme de Garcons

Opens as a soapy vetiver incense mahogany. The incense reads to me as what i identify as the used and abused woody ac norlimbanol. When i applied quite a lot on my hand there was something just hinting as pissy or animalic, but that faded out of being able to identify it before i could really get a take or any real recognition for identification. Strangely dark and fizzy in the heart, a bit smoky from i have no idea what. Pleasant and sofisticated.

CdG brand from the three i tried
    This was strongest and had the most personality from the three CdGs i tried. Their brand seems to me to be nicely blended, quality scents. They were a tad subtle. Kind of like an interesting take on regular fragrances. Not designer dreck, but more like classic constructed frags with a twist.
    Itís tragic to think that heroic manís great destiny is to become economic man, that men will be reduced to craven creatures who crawl across the globe competing for money, who spend their nights dreaming up new ways to swindle each other.

Wearing Perfume Right Now

Quote Originally Posted by notspendingamillion View Post
    1861 Naxos by Xerjoff

Opens with a tonka lemon bergamot mix. The citrus all but disappears after about 45 minutes. It lives a good amount of its life as a tonka honey cashmeran lavendar tobbacco fragrance. I sprayed polo supreme cashmere on a bag a couple weeks ago and got pretty used to picking out cashmeran, so maybe that is why it stood out so predominately to me. It does have tobacco, but it just doesnt read very loud. About in the same strength as the lavendar. But this is a decidedly sweet fragrance, that because it stays a bit drier, smells more expensive that edible. Great performance. Lasted well, above average projection.
    I can't tell if you like it.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    I can't tell if you like it.
    Not really my cup of tea. Didnt really wow me into even consideration, regardless of price, which is i guess why i didnt really even touch on that. Smells like good quality. But it didnt really develop after the initial transition away from the citruses. Too sweet and tonka-y for me. Ill say when i post that review im gonna go thumbs down, with points dropping it from a neutral based on it being so pricey.