Code of Conduct

Default Help for skin condition due to shaving incident

Greetings to everyone, this is my first post here to seek help.

I have some black/pink holes on the skin above my lip and wish to understand on how to fix this skin condition. The holes appeared years ago after I have to rush to work, and my shaving injured my skin. I have hoped it would fix itself but its been almost 4-5 years.

SkinIssue2.jpg

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Help for skin condition due to shaving incident

Have you thought about consulting a dermatologist to determine what might be causing it?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Seconding hednic. At this point the diagnosis can be done by a dermatologist alone. Not sure insurance would pay for cosmetic consultaion, though, so perhaps you can wait for when you are going to a dermatologist for other reasons, eg to check a mole.

For instance, when the skin has been irritated, sometimes is produces melanin (ie pigment, like when tanning). So it could be this. But it could be something completely different. Trying random treatments could make things worse, if the treatment is not targeted to the right condition.

If this bothers you (and I don't see why this should), simply use a spot concealer. The woman in your life (if you have any) can give you suggestions.

cacio

Thanks Hednic and Cacio, looks like I would have to consult one since this is worst than blackheads. I regret not taking care of my skin when I was younger.