Code of Conduct

Default What about essential oils?

I was looking for more information on genuine essential oil suppliers in and around SE Asia. (does not have to be India or Thailand specifically). Or anywhere really....but want to save on shipping whenever possible. But most of the threads seem to be on perfume. I did see some thread on Shiva Exports....

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/219...ood-to-be-true

and I must admit that I almost bought from there as I was looking for a cheaper supplier for some oils. But I also know that you cannot shop on price alone.

Any recommendations on where to buy pure essential oils wholesale?

Default Re: What about essential oils?

Hi -
    I bought a lot of essential oils over the last few months after a friend gave me a starter set, but then I wanted more scents so started buying on ebay. I had about 30, some the same but I wanted a different brand to see if it was different. Yes they are different. Different materials, different distillation methods. For some reason some brands smell strong, but also like kerosene. Those are still useful for adding to cleaning products, or as garden perfume / pesticide.
    Some of my favorites were 99cent free shipping for a small vial, the few I bought from US sellers seemed to be a diluted re-label.
    Then I decided I still don't smell that 'fresh' scent so now I am making a bottle of every spice and flower I want, with either an alcohol or water base depending on how wet the material is. I planned to do all cold process but some just want some heat (dry teas). I'm a lot happier with these perfume tinctures. I love the sasafrass tincture, and getting some alfalfa too.
    And just go outside! Today I collected a huge lichen, some moss, and some heart-rot wood while working on a house. Good pickins

www.botanicessence.com
    www.perfumersworld.com
    http://www.bescents.com/
    The first one specialize in good quality essential oils, the others have some eos but mostly aroma chemicals. All based in Thailand.

Wow birdie, I love perfumers world's website setup, it speaks in pictures well and has a bar graph of usefulness in different products for each item.
    I think am going to get a few synthetics there because description of Aldehyde Heptanol sounds interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Thea in Fl View Post
    Wow birdie, I love perfumers world's website setup, it speaks in pictures well and has a bar graph of usefulness in different products for each item.
    I think am going to get a few synthetics there because description of Aldehyde Heptanol sounds interesting.
    Yeah, they're very friendly too. If you're in Bangkok you can visit them just outside Don Mueang airport where you can try materials and talk to them.

Oh wow, so nice that you got to go there. Wondering if you can comment on anything in the list here you have tried:

Aldehyde C-7 Heptanal
    ***Estratetraenol 100ppm Ultra-Feminine Factor
    Hedione
    Peonile
    Undecavertol

Rose Oxide
    Turkish Rose Blossoms

Champaca Fleuressence
    Hyacinth Fleuressence
    Melon Fleuressence
    Milk Fleuressence
    Orchid Fleuressence
    Tea Rose Fleuressence

***Supposed to turn me back into calm nurturing person... yes I do have to try that!

Basenotes Plus

As a whole, I cannot recommend any of their "Factor" products, I think they are pure hype.

And their Fleuressences... only if you can't build something yourself. Most of my friends who have tried them have tossed them out.

With the probable exception of Aldehyde C-7, most people here have smelled the rest of these single aroma molecules, and likely use them. Heptanal, is a very strong aldehyde. If you buy some, buy a small amount, you'll end up heavily diluting it before use.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

Thank you I think I am going to put this off. I really am having fun making tinctures out of everything. I see 5 new plumeria heads coming and am going to make an extract with the flowers never touching the beeswax, because I think the second they touch the material it gets fungus and bacteria from the petals. Also I don't want to remove the flowers from the plants because they lose their zing soon after picking. So that's a tall order I'm only doing it on 2 in case of epic fail.

I just looked on your site it is really great. Rhubarb, huh? Interesting ingredient.

You can check out odor descriptions of all aroma chemicals at The Good scent company. Apart from that I agree with Paul.

Good thing I waited, I am going to start with perfumesupplyhouse so I can get that lemon and root beer.
    Can you to recommend something else there ... so far I only have those two and 'birch tar' and that is only because it doubles as a snail repellent, lol.
    So if you could suggest something you think of as essential, or some aldehyde. Apparently I really enjoy aldehydes, because I looked up the scents of the few perfumes I like and they are spoken of as 'aldehyde bombs'
    Or just something really unusual... I need something to go with 'flesh' smelling flowers or celery.

Turkish rose or blue tansy?