Code of Conduct

Talking Green Tea-- Inspired by Creed SMW

My name is William Benjamin, and although I am new to this forum, I am not completely new to perfuming.

I am currently trying to make a matcha green tea perfume, but the green tea eartharome I have is not all that powerful. Balancing it out I would have to add a lot, and it still doesn't cut through the fragrance. I'm inspired by Silver Mountain water and I am trying to get the glimmer and icyness in the topnotes but I am a lot more accustomed to natural perfuming and I am not sure where to start with synthetics. What would you suggest? I have a large amount of absolutely beautiful naturals from an Aveda contact of mine, including multiple ounces of Bitter Orange Petitgrain, Rose Absolute, Violet Leaf Abs, rose geranium and much more. I was thinking of using the bitter orange Petitgrain in tandem with a combination of musks- ambrette seed oil being the dominant, with some galaxolide and a white musk key Accord. A little bit of ambergris to add some sexy texture. For the topnotes, all I have now are bergamot oil and Mandarin. I'm planning to get Mandarin aldehyde to have that pop, and I was also thinking of adding the Violet Leaf to the top to increase the green-ness of the tea note. But I'm really unsure about what to do for the middle notes right now. I've got damascone beta, a black current PO and a green tea eartharome. Any and all suggestions are welcome! And if possible, maybe variations on some notes to add and remove for compositions that could be considered more masculine and more feminine?

Update: I have read about using Hedione, Ionones, and hexenol acetate to create a synthetic Green Tea. Suggestions for how much of the hedione, ionones and hexenol I should use?
    Thank you!

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Green Tea-- Inspired by Creed SMW

Of those last three you ask about, Hedione is the weakest, and Hexenyl acetate by far the strongest.
    You have to get them in balance to try this out... A teeny bit of Hexenyl acetate and add in the ionone and hedione to taste.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

Okay great! Thank you so much! Any variations to make it more masculine/feminine? I am so used to using mostly or all naturals that it's hard to know where to start with Aromachemicals.

Also, if you google "good scents fragrance demo green tea", http://www.thegoodscentscompany.com/...dm1006511.html , scroll down about half way and you'll find a demo green tea citrus formula. Doesn't have the ingredients you mentioned but it could steer you in the right direction.

For a minimal green tea accord try Hedione and Beta Ionone in a 4:1 ratio.

Okay great, thanks so much!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by needaname View Post
    For a minimal green tea accord try Hedione and Beta Ionone in a 4:1 ratio.
    To me, that is more black tea, and with a touch of cis-3-hexenyl acetate, it will be a bit more green... but really, that's not the key to green tea... at least to me...
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

I think green tea needs more linalool, nerolidol

The floral aspect of green tea comes from ionones. Part of the sweet aspect comes from coumarin. and another, strawberry furanone. If you're going a little more towards Black tea, a little Theaspirane would be appropriate.

However, I would say that most green tea fragrances rely very much on natural green tea extract. So, especially for smaller scale, I don't want to send you off on a wild goose chase going synthetic.
    Fragrance-wise, it may not be the most effective or strongest, but it is the simplest and probably cheapest.
    Last edited by parker25mv; 10th October 2018 at 07:26 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Faceless void View Post
    I think green tea needs more linalool, nerolidol
    agreed...
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes