Code of Conduct

Default Any Londoners smelled D.S.&Durga's Duran Duran Liberty Exclusives?

The only one that interests me culturally speaking is Hungry Like The Wolf, of course, being part of youth's soundtrack...
    Currently wearing: Le Vetiver by Carven

Default Re: Any Londoners smelled D.S.&Durga's Duran Duran Liberty Exclusives?

I shall be checking them out next week at Liberty

Some reading matter about the collaboration in the meantime

https://www.libertylondon.com/uk/fea...on-le-bon.html

Field reports next week then. Right, Kaern?

Curious about ‘Come Undone’ after reading this blurb:

A sexy song and a sexy scent! It smells of body secretions - musks, hot breath and possibly illegal substances.......!” – David Moltz, D.S. & Durga co-founder and perfumer
    Currently wearing: Castile by Penhaligon's

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Field reports next week then. Right, Kaern?
    /B][/I]
    Hopefully some first impressions, yes -- I may be able to blag some samples if there are any

Never really liked them as a band -- too 'poppy' and were never part of the 'new romantics', whatever you read otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    Hopefully some first impressions, yes -- I may be able to blag some samples if there are any

Never really liked them as a band -- too 'poppy' and were never part of the 'new romantics', whatever you read otherwise
    I was more into Ultravox and Soft Cell, but you couldn't escape Duran Duran in the 80s and I always admired their knack for a good hookline. Like a well executed mainstream fragrance, commercial but satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    I was more into Ultravox and Soft Cell, but you couldn't escape Duran Duran in the 80s and I always admired their knack for a good hookline. Like a well executed mainstream fragrance, commercial but satisfying.
    True enough

One thing I did admire was them tackling Wild Boys (a very controversial and explicit book by Burroughs)

I'm really curious about these, too. Especially You Kill Me With Silence:
    You Kill Me With Silence features moody, hostile notes of smoke, cistus, ice and incense.
    But 75 for 10ml !! And I have a real issue with DSD's Pocket Perfumes in general. The oil roller just doesn't go very far for me. I got discounted Pocket versions of both Debaser and Bowmakers—they're fine to keep with you for touch ups or for travel, but they don't justify their price. Way less potent than the traditional spray perfumes.

Basenotes Member

That price is an absolute farce...don't feed the bears!

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    That price is an absolute farce...don't feed the bears!
    This is what happens when people spotify instead of buying records - bands start issuing overpriced perfumes, 'cos those can't be streamed or downloaded (yet) :-D.

Holy Moly -- I've screwed my budget for October already

I won't be buying at that price point

I may be able to sweet talk a sample (seems highly unlikely though). I'll take a notepad and pen on Friday