Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 91 to 109 of 109
  1. #91
    Basenotes Institution L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    I'm on the interwebs. And you are too? What a coinkydink!
    Posts
    13,844
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Maison Francis Kurkdjian - AMYRIS pour homme - what's the deal with Fragrancenet MSRP?

    This thread needs to be locked.

    The OP is in a one man battle against the world because he doesn't understand what MSRP means.

    This thread was pointless the moment the OP declared himself a victim. Multiple people have tried to help him. He's not interested. Count the posts above on the previous page. There are 30. 17 of them are by the OP, telling everyone else why they're wrong. In fact, the last 5 are all by him, engaged in a one man battle against... well... I'm not even sure if he knows what he's mad at by this point.

    Dude, buy it somewhere else. Problem solved. If you can't find it for less somewhere else, you know you've found the best price, so what's the problem?
    Current Favorites (in no particular order)
    Castile
    Petit Matin
    CK One
    Curve
    Aqua Universalis
    Prada L'Homme
    Bergamote Soleil
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Royal Oud
    1725 Casanova
    Noir De Noir
    Hanae Mori H.M. EDT

  2. #92

    Default Re: Maison Francis Kurkdjian - AMYRIS pour homme - what's the deal with Fragrancenet MSRP?

    Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    This thread needs to be locked.

    The OP is in a one man battle against the world because he doesn't understand what MSRP means.

    This thread was pointless the moment the OP declared himself a victim. Multiple people have tried to help him. He's not interested. Count the posts above on the previous page. There are 30. 17 of them are by the OP, telling everyone else why they're wrong. In fact, the last 5 are all by him, engaged in a one man battle against... well... I'm not even sure if he knows what he's mad at by this point.

    Dude, buy it somewhere else. Problem solved. If you can't find it for less somewhere else, you know you've found the best price, so what's the problem?
    Again. 100% personal attacks and no substance.

    You do realize everything you just wrote could be said about you?

    If you disagree with someone then you should have the courtesy and respect to furnish facts rather than proudly self-righteously proclaim a thread need be locked.

    I never declared myself a victim, and it's unfortunately apparent you have failed after several attempts to understand what the concept of MSRP.

    I am not a "one man" band. Hednic agreed with me, and others may be too frightened or don't wish to go through the hassle of being personally attacked. i don't blame them. You still haven't refuted ANY of my points.

    I don't tell you where to shop. I will shop where I please. That's like me telling you if you don't like this thread then YOU can stop responding to it. But you still patronize it.

    Still NO ANSWER to my Price Is Right question? I think that speaks volumes.

    And please don't call me "dude."

    The bottom line is any company, like Fragrancenet, that purposefully artificially inflates the MSRP and then claims you're receiving 37% off of that MSRP is a shady and unethical company. There is no reason for a company to operate that way, and lawsuits have been filed and settled for tens-of-millions because of it.

    Nothing wrong with me pointing out the facts.

  3. #93

    Default Re: Maison Francis Kurkdjian - AMYRIS pour homme - what's the deal with Fragrancenet MSRP?

    Rather than simply acknowledge that you were wrong when you stated in OP that "Fragrancenet lists the MSRP as $240." and acknowledging that pretty much everyone would have agreed with you about Fragrancenet's somewhat misleading pricing policy had you kept to the clear facts you've now made 43 outraged posts seething about victimization, , Hednic's tagline and The Price Is Right featuring Drew Carey ( formerly Bob Parker.)



  4. #94

    Default Re: Maison Francis Kurkdjian - AMYRIS pour homme - what's the deal with Fragrancenet MSRP?

    Quote Originally Posted by Democritus View Post
    Rather than simply acknowledge that you were wrong when you stated in OP that "Fragrancenet lists the MSRP as $240." and acknowledging that pretty much everyone would have agreed with you about Fragrancenet's somewhat misleading pricing policy had you kept to the clear facts you've now made 43 outraged posts seething about victimization, , Hednic's tagline and The Price Is Right featuring Drew Carey ( formerly Bob Parker.)


    Wow! Again! Another 100% personal attack telling me to "get a life".
    Will the personal attacks ever stop? If it wasn't so sad it would be comedic!

    Can't you respond respectfully with coherent facts without resorting to personal attacks?

    I don't use personal attacks against those I disagree with.
    When people sink into the gutter and use personal attacks, it shows ignorance and it almost always indicates they can't support their position on the merits.

    If you weren't so busy personally attacking me, you would see that Fragrancenet did indeed list the MSRP as $240 when I started this thread.

    For your convenience, I also submitted another example in post #72 of how Fragrancenet did the exact same thing with another fragrance!!!! When Fragrancenet listed Maison Kurkdjian Aqua Vitae Men's EDT 70ml : $275 RETAIL - (which is artificially inflated BS!)
    Fragrancenet "Our price" 183.99
    Fragrancenet "sale" price $ 115.99


    https://www.fragrancenet.com/fragran...tae/edt#294166

    MSRP is $195 (not $275)

    So according to your post above you now agree with me!?!?!?!

    Hednic certainly appears to agree with me in post #2 in this thread.
    That's two points I just corrected you on!

    And for the third time I've never claimed to be a victim.

    Unfortunately, it appears you've also violated Hednic's tagline again, which for the 7th time clearly states:

    "Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not. Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect."

    Your snide and sarcastic remarks are palpable. I'm somehow "angry" when I post facts? Okay...

    Yes, I'm still waiting on an answer regarding "The Price is Right."

    Or do you concede that I'm correct?

    Still NO ANSWER to my Price Is Right question? I think that speaks volumes.



    The bottom line is any company, like Fragrancenet, that purposefully artificially inflates the MSRP and then claims you're receiving 37% off of that MSRP is a shady and unethical company. There is no reason for a company to operate that way, and lawsuits have been filed and settled for tens-of-millions because of it.

    Nothing wrong with me pointing out the facts.

    Please don't respond with more personal attacks. It doesn't reflect well on so many fronts....

  5. #95

    Default Re: Maison Francis Kurkdjian - AMYRIS pour homme - what's the deal with Fragrancenet MSRP?

    Quote Originally Posted by richfisher6969 View Post
    I agree it's still a good deal. They should just be honest and transparent about the actual savings.

    I would have never emailed Fragrancenet in the first place had I known their response would be to raise the MSRP even higher.
    I was expecting a discount/correction, not an increase to their already artificially inflated MSRP.

    I've never heard of, or seen, a company do such a thing in response to a friendly email from a decades-long loyal customer.
    May I ask exactly how long they been successfully pulling the wool over your eyes with their inflated retail prices (before a 37% discount)? Was Amyris Homme the first time you noticed? Because they have been pricing like this for at least 8 years now. Maybe you could take out a class-action lawsuit against them since, as you previously concluded, they are breaking the law. Think of all the other the customers in the same boat as you. It could potentially put Fragrancenet out of business.

    P.S. I also find very telling that no-one is bothering to answer your intriguing Price Is Right question. It, indeed, speaks volumes on the situation.

  6. #96

    Default Re: Maison Francis Kurkdjian - AMYRIS pour homme - what's the deal with Fragrancenet MSRP?

    Quote Originally Posted by richfisher6969 View Post
    Wow! Again! Another 100% personal attack telling me to "get a life".
    Will the personal attacks ever stop? If it wasn't so sad it would be comedic!

    Can't you respond respectfully with coherent facts without resorting to personal attacks?

    I don't use personal attacks against those I disagree with.
    When people sink into the gutter and use personal attacks, it shows ignorance and it almost always indicates they can't support their position on the merits.

    If you weren't so busy personally attacking me, you would see that Fragrancenet did indeed list the MSRP as $240 when I started this thread.

    For your convenience, I also submitted another example in post #72 of how Fragrancenet did the exact same thing with another fragrance!!!! When Fragrancenet listed Maison Kurkdjian Aqua Vitae Men's EDT 70ml : $275 RETAIL - (which is artificially inflated BS!)
    Fragrancenet "Our price" 183.99
    Fragrancenet "sale" price $ 115.99


    https://www.fragrancenet.com/fragran...tae/edt#294166

    MSRP is $195 (not $275)

    So according to your post above you now agree with me!?!?!?!

    Hednic certainly appears to agree with me in post #2 in this thread.
    That's two points I just corrected you on!

    And for the third time I've never claimed to be a victim.

    Unfortunately, it appears you've also violated Hednic's tagline again, which for the 7th time clearly states:

    "Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not. Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect."

    Your snide and sarcastic remarks are palpable. I'm somehow "angry" when I post facts? Okay...

    Yes, I'm still waiting on an answer regarding "The Price is Right."

    Or do you concede that I'm correct?

    Still NO ANSWER to my Price Is Right question? I think that speaks volumes.



    The bottom line is any company, like Fragrancenet, that purposefully artificially inflates the MSRP and then claims you're receiving 37% off of that MSRP is a shady and unethical company. There is no reason for a company to operate that way, and lawsuits have been filed and settled for tens-of-millions because of it.

    Nothing wrong with me pointing out the facts.

    Please don't respond with more personal attacks. It doesn't reflect well on so many fronts....
    You appear to be either an idiot, trolling or suffering from some psychological disorder , I'm not sure which.
    Show me where fragrancenet stated that the MSRP for amyris was $240 and I'll concede you have been right all along and apologize.
    This is what I see. ..


  7. #97

    Default Re: Maison Francis Kurkdjian - AMYRIS pour homme - what's the deal with Fragrancenet MSRP?

    Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    This thread needs to be locked.

    The OP is in a one man battle against the world because he doesn't understand what MSRP means.

    This thread was pointless the moment the OP declared himself a victim. Multiple people have tried to help him. He's not interested. Count the posts above on the previous page. There are 30. 17 of them are by the OP, telling everyone else why they're wrong. In fact, the last 5 are all by him, engaged in a one man battle against... well... I'm not even sure if he knows what he's mad at by this point.

    Dude, buy it somewhere else. Problem solved. If you can't find it for less somewhere else, you know you've found the best price, so what's the problem?

    All of this.


    @ Democritus. You are wasting your time. It has been pointed out to him several times. He insists on whining, and at this point, I am convinced he is a troll. No serious poster would whine this much, moan about people insulting him. Thank goodness poor hednic doesn't get pinged each time his signature is copied and pasted on here. LOL

  8. #98

    Default Re: Maison Francis Kurkdjian - AMYRIS pour homme - what's the deal with Fragrancenet MSRP?

    Quote Originally Posted by morrison74 View Post
    May I ask, exactly how long have they been pulling the wool over your eyes with their inflated retail prices (before a 37% discount)? Was Amyris Homme the first time you noticed? Because they have been pricing like this for at least 8 years now. Maybe you could take out a class-action lawsuit against them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Democritus View Post
    You appear to be either an idiot, trolling or suffering from some psychological disorder , I'm not sure which.
    Show me where fragrancenet stated that the MSRP for amyris was $240 and I'll concede you have been right all along and apologize.
    As the sarcasm and PERSONAL ATTACKS continue (called an idiot, trolling or suffering from some psychological disorder) ....and it's clearly apparent that there are no productive comments forthcoming (and as we appear to be going in circles) I will now respectfully bow out of this thread. Thank you for your contributions, as I've made my point. I hope in the future Hednic's tagline will be more closely followed and enforced. if not online but as a society as a whole.

    People just quoting other posts and saying "this" to post they agree with while providing ZERO substance is hardly corroborating evidence or substantial rebuttal to a position you may disagre with.

    Best wishes!

  9. #99

    Default Re: Maison Francis Kurkdjian - AMYRIS pour homme - what's the deal with Fragrancenet MSRP?

    Quote Originally Posted by morrison74 View Post
    May I ask exactly how long they been successfully pulling the wool over your eyes with their inflated retail prices (before a 37% discount)? Was Amyris Homme the first time you noticed? Because they have been pricing like this for at least 8 years now. Maybe you could take out a class-action lawsuit against them since, as you previously concluded, they are breaking the law Think of all the other the customers in the same boat as you. It could potentially put Fragrancenet out of business.

    P.S. I also find very telling that no-one is bothering to answer your intriguing Price Is Right question. It, indeed, speaks volumes on the situation.




    LOl that one was not even worth the computer bandwidth.

  10. #100

    Default Re: Maison Francis Kurkdjian - AMYRIS pour homme - what's the deal with Fragrancenet MSRP?

    Quote Originally Posted by richfisher6969 View Post
    As the sarcasm and PERSONAL ATTACKS continue (called an idiot) and it's clearly apparent that there are no productive comments forthcoming (and as we appear to be going in circles) I will now respectfully bow out of this thread. Thank you for your contributions, as I've made my point. I hope in the future Hednic's tagline will be more closely followed and enforced. if not online but as a society as a whole.

    Best wishes!
    I honestly hope you learn from this experience as you get older, and your reasoning matures. You will be better served picking fights that matter, and you should figure out how to communicate as an adult without whining about contrived non issues. Good luck to you!

  11. #101

    Default Re: Maison Francis Kurkdjian - AMYRIS pour homme - what's the deal with Fragrancenet MSRP?

    Quote Originally Posted by papillo View Post
    [/B]


    LOl that one was not even worth the computer bandwidth.


    Answer the question then...

  12. #102

    Default Re: Maison Francis Kurkdjian - AMYRIS pour homme - what's the deal with Fragrancenet MSRP?

    Quote Originally Posted by richfisher6969 View Post
    Answer the question then...
    I thought you had bowed out?

  13. #103

    Default Re: Maison Francis Kurkdjian - AMYRIS pour homme - what's the deal with Fragrancenet MSRP?

    Quote Originally Posted by papillo View Post
    I honestly hope you learn from this experience as you get older, and your reasoning matures. You will be better served picking fights that matter, and you should figure out how to communicate as an adult without whining about contrived non issues. Good luck to you!
    It's amazing you haven't been banned with your nasty and condescending remarks with ZERO substance to back up ANY of your post. The same exact thing can be said to you. I hope you learn from this experience as your reasoning matures. You will be better served picking fights that matter. You should figure out how to communicate as an adult without whining about contrived non issues . Best wishes to you.

  14. #104

    Default Re: Maison Francis Kurkdjian - AMYRIS pour homme - what's the deal with Fragrancenet MSRP?

    Quote Originally Posted by papillo View Post
    I thought you had bowed out?
    Answer the question about The price is Right.

  15. #105

    Default Re: Maison Francis Kurkdjian - AMYRIS pour homme - what's the deal with Fragrancenet MSRP?

    Quote Originally Posted by morrison74 View Post

    P.S. I also find very telling that no-one is bothering to answer your intriguing Price Is Right question. It, indeed, speaks volumes on the situation.
    Indeed it is.

  16. #106

    Default Re: Maison Francis Kurkdjian - AMYRIS pour homme - what's the deal with Fragrancenet MSRP?

    For the 8th time:

    "Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not. Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect."

  17. #107

    Default Re: Maison Francis Kurkdjian - AMYRIS pour homme - what's the deal with Fragrancenet MSRP?

    richfisher6969

  18. #108

    Default Re: Maison Francis Kurkdjian - AMYRIS pour homme - what's the deal with Fragrancenet MSRP?

    Quote Originally Posted by richfisher6969 View Post
    It's amazing you haven't been banned with your nasty and condescending remarks with ZERO substance to back up ANY of your post. The same exact thing can be said to you. I hope you learn from this experience as your reasoning matures. You will be better served picking fights that matter. You should figure out how to communicate as an adult without whining about contrived non issues . Best wishes to you.
    LOL I'm just looking out for you dude. I definitely learned from this experience as I didn't think it was possible for an adult to whine as much on basenotes over a contrived issue. But I stand corrected. Best wishes to you my friend.

  19. #109
    Moderator


    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    NW US
    Posts
    2,315

    Default Re: Maison Francis Kurkdjian - AMYRIS pour homme - what's the deal with Fragrancenet MSRP?

    I think this topic's discussion has been exhausted, as am I. Closing the thread.
    It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.--Antoine de Saint-Exupery.
    Currently wearing: Intimate by Revlon

Similar Threads

  1. Maison Francis Kurkdjian - Amyris Homme (2012)
    By Flatbush Ave in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 21st September 2014, 06:00 PM
  2. Maison Francis Kurkdjian Amyris Homme - I just tried it!
    By lucasai in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 6th April 2014, 07:02 PM
  3. I tried Maison Francis Kurkdjian newest Amyris Homme
    By lucasai in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 28th September 2012, 04:04 AM
  4. New Maison Francis Kurdijan pair announced - Amyris homme and Amyris femme
    By NevilleM in forum General Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 1st September 2012, 10:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000