Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Blog Entries

Default Re: Recognition: Basenoters Who've Made the Best Personal Recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    I wanted to say that lately ShyCat has been a huge inspiration for me to explore (and wear/enjoy) more feminines. I scared some Nordstrom SAs real good today when I asked to smell some of the women's stuff. They called over their flamboyantly/overtly gay sales guy to take over because I was making them nervous I think, but I'm gay too so then we just spent the next hour smelling all the ladies perfumes together and I got some great samples from houses I had never heard of. Can't wait to review them! ShyCat really cracked this door open for me though, so she ultimately gets the credit!
    Bwah ha ha---guess again! They were giving him a shot at you. I bet you did get lots of great samples.
    A bull in a china shop doesn't take damage. She delivers it. It's The Great Shy Purge of 2019.
    Currently wearing: Resina by Oliver & Co.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Recognition: Basenoters Who've Made the Best Personal Recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Shycat View Post
    Bwah ha ha---guess again! They were giving him a shot at you. I bet you did get lots of great samples.
    (He was way too cute and out of my league but thanks for the attempted confidence boost). But yeah, a lot of these femme Guerlains you've turned me onto, and just a lot of other stuff in that league, have made me "curiouser and curiouser" about the bottles sitting on that "other" side of the counter.
    oh look, I have a signature

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    (He was way too cute and out of my league but thanks for the attempted confidence boost). But yeah, a lot of these femme Guerlains you've turned me onto, and just a lot of other stuff in that league, have made me "curiouser and curiouser" about the bottles sitting on that "other" side of the counter.
    I'm glad.
    A bull in a china shop doesn't take damage. She delivers it. It's The Great Shy Purge of 2019.
    Currently wearing: Resina by Oliver & Co.

Hats off to:

freewheelingvagabond, for the sample of No. 19 Poudre, which really grew on me, and I own it now

PerfumedLady, for many things, but especially the sample of No. 5 L’Eau, which I promptly got

cestrumnocturnum, for the sweeties samples including Sira des Indes, which I bought and is now my favorite thing to bring on vacation

NCal, for the generous sample of Shalimar Ode a la Vanille Sur La Route du Mexique, which I immediately found on eBay

And many others such as epapsiou, cacio, Cookbot, IsoESuperman, ebenas, Redneck, whitefluffy, Quarry, and more, who have introduced me to new houses, and sent me many things I still want to eventually buy!
    My only regrets in life are the people I haven't stood up for,
    and the perfumes I've thrown away.
    Currently wearing: Infusion d'Iris by Prada