Code of Conduct

Default "Masculine" rose+oud combo in the style of Armani Royal Oud?

I apologize if this is a common topic but I didn't see anything recent when I search for it.

For years I've avoided the rose+oud combo because there's so many it's hard to wade through them all and find what works on my skin. Faqat Lil Rijal Rasasi
    was my no brainer oud of choice, but I'm starting to expand my oud horizons.

I just got a sample of Armani Royal Oud and I'm absolutely in love. I get the rose but it doesn't overwhelm and dominate the fragrance like it does in several Montales and Manceras I've tried. It also feels like a dark, rich, opulent and sensual rose not grandma soap rose.

That's what I'm looking for in an oud fragrance that has heavy rose: Opulence and sensuality not just a rose note for the sake of having rose in it.

With that in mind, what other rose+oud combos would you recommend? Not a fan of Black Aoud or pretty much any Montale rose oud I've worn.

I'm also sampling Sooud Jadab Eau Fine which is nice, it's a sort of safe floral oud. I like it, it's very pleasant but it's a little too safe for me to justify the purchase. If I'm paying niche price for oud I want a little more punch to it.

Default Re: "Masculine" rose+oud combo in the style of Armani Royal Oud?

Have you tried Armani Prive's Rose d'Arabie? This instantly came to my mind when I read your post. It's a lot rosier than Royal Oud if I remember correctly. A cracking scent though.