Code of Conduct
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Default Re: Blind Sample Pass

double post
    November Rotation : Penhaligon's Elixir; Caron Yatagan; Etro Vetiver, Ambra, Gomma; CdG Avignon; Robert Piguet Casbah; Lalique Encre Noire; Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Homme
    Sampling : Jacomo de Jacomo; Hermes Equipage, Equipage Geranium, Bel Ami, Bel Ami Vetiver; ELDO Je Suis un Homme, Eloge du Traitre
    Currently wearing: Jaļpur Homme by Boucheron

Today I've been comparing Xerjoff Irisss with Prada's original Infusion d'Iris EdP.
    Xerjoff has far greater longevity and depth, and extra oomph.
    The difference between thosee two reminds me of the difference between Jaipur pour Homme EdP and EdT - the former having more heft and depth.
    I think benzoin in the base may be a factor in both comparisons.
    November Rotation : Penhaligon's Elixir; Caron Yatagan; Etro Vetiver, Ambra, Gomma; CdG Avignon; Robert Piguet Casbah; Lalique Encre Noire; Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Homme
    Sampling : Jacomo de Jacomo; Hermes Equipage, Equipage Geranium, Bel Ami, Bel Ami Vetiver; ELDO Je Suis un Homme, Eloge du Traitre

Wearing Perfume Right Now

Quote Originally Posted by incense+heliotrope View Post
    Today I've been comparing Xerjoff Irisss with Prada's original Infusion d'Iris EdP.
    Xerjoff has far greater longevity and depth, and extra oomph.
    The difference between thosee two reminds me of the difference between Jaipur pour Homme EdP and EdT - the former having more heft and depth.
    I think benzoin in the base may be a factor in both comparisons.
    I've never tried the regular (non-Absolue) version of Prada Infusion d'Iris. I bet I'd like it.

This pass was a lot of fun to host. LiveJazz has expressed interest in potentially hosting another round of blind sampling. It would likely be a few weeks off, maybe around the Christmas season? Feel free to express interest in this thread if you might like to participate.

I would definitely be up for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    I've never tried the regular (non-Absolue) version of Prada Infusion d'Iris. I bet I'd like it.

This pass was a lot of fun to host. LiveJazz has expressed interest in potentially hosting another round of blind sampling. It would likely be a few weeks off, maybe around the Christmas season? Feel free to express interest in this thread if you might like to participate.

Thanks for the lead-in. This was such a great sniffing experience, and I'd just like to keep it rolling, maybe encourage more of these in the future, and of course give Bavard a chance to participate as a blind sniffer!

It would be great to get some repeats of participants here, however I don't want folks to feel over-committed heading into the holidays! Perhaps a kickoff shortly after Thanksgiving in the US would be ideal, so we can be winding down heading into the Holiday travel season. I'll start a thread soon (likely next week) - but again, feel free to express interest here in the meantime!
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."
    Currently wearing: Wild Country by Avon

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    Thanks for the lead-in. This was such a great sniffing experience, and I'd just like to keep it rolling, maybe encourage more of these in the future, and of course give Bavard a chance to participate as a blind sniffer!

It would be great to get some repeats of participants here, however I don't want folks to feel over-committed heading into the holidays! Perhaps a kickoff shortly after Thanksgiving in the US would be ideal, so we can be winding down heading into the Holiday travel season. I'll start a thread soon (likely next week) - but again, feel free to express interest here in the meantime!
    I'd love to.
    A Greater Monster, The Kickstarter Letters & Death by Zamboni
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

> Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards
    > National Indie Excellence Book Award finalist
    > A Greater Monster named a "Top 10 Book of 2012" by Common Ills blog
    > Listed in "10 Hot Chicago Reads for Chilly Nights" on Refinery29.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post

I'd love to, too.
    A bull in a china shop doesn't take damage. She delivers it.
    Currently wearing: Lolita by Sixteen92

Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post

I'd be very interested in taking part.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8