Code of Conduct
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Default Re: Blind Sample Pass

double post
    March has been cold, rainy and windy : Hermes Equipage, Bel Ami, Bel Ami Vetiver; Dior Fahrenheit, Jacomo Jacomo de Jacomo, Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Homme; Knize Knize Ten, Etro Gomma.
    Celebrating the Spring Equinox with Penhaligon's Ostara.
    Currently wearing: Ostara by Penhaligon's

Today I've been comparing Xerjoff Irisss with Prada's original Infusion d'Iris EdP.
    Xerjoff has far greater longevity and depth, and extra oomph.
    The difference between thosee two reminds me of the difference between Jaipur pour Homme EdP and EdT - the former having more heft and depth.
    I think benzoin in the base may be a factor in both comparisons.
    March has been cold, rainy and windy : Hermes Equipage, Bel Ami, Bel Ami Vetiver; Dior Fahrenheit, Jacomo Jacomo de Jacomo, Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Homme; Knize Knize Ten, Etro Gomma.

Wearing Perfume Right Now

Quote Originally Posted by incense+heliotrope View Post
    Today I've been comparing Xerjoff Irisss with Prada's original Infusion d'Iris EdP.
    Xerjoff has far greater longevity and depth, and extra oomph.
    The difference between thosee two reminds me of the difference between Jaipur pour Homme EdP and EdT - the former having more heft and depth.
    I think benzoin in the base may be a factor in both comparisons.
    I've never tried the regular (non-Absolue) version of Prada Infusion d'Iris. I bet I'd like it.

This pass was a lot of fun to host. LiveJazz has expressed interest in potentially hosting another round of blind sampling. It would likely be a few weeks off, maybe around the Christmas season? Feel free to express interest in this thread if you might like to participate.

I would definitely be up for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    I've never tried the regular (non-Absolue) version of Prada Infusion d'Iris. I bet I'd like it.

This pass was a lot of fun to host. LiveJazz has expressed interest in potentially hosting another round of blind sampling. It would likely be a few weeks off, maybe around the Christmas season? Feel free to express interest in this thread if you might like to participate.

Thanks for the lead-in. This was such a great sniffing experience, and I'd just like to keep it rolling, maybe encourage more of these in the future, and of course give Bavard a chance to participate as a blind sniffer!

It would be great to get some repeats of participants here, however I don't want folks to feel over-committed heading into the holidays! Perhaps a kickoff shortly after Thanksgiving in the US would be ideal, so we can be winding down heading into the Holiday travel season. I'll start a thread soon (likely next week) - but again, feel free to express interest here in the meantime!
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    Thanks for the lead-in. This was such a great sniffing experience, and I'd just like to keep it rolling, maybe encourage more of these in the future, and of course give Bavard a chance to participate as a blind sniffer!

It would be great to get some repeats of participants here, however I don't want folks to feel over-committed heading into the holidays! Perhaps a kickoff shortly after Thanksgiving in the US would be ideal, so we can be winding down heading into the Holiday travel season. I'll start a thread soon (likely next week) - but again, feel free to express interest here in the meantime!
    I'd love to.
    A Greater Monster, The Kickstarter Letters & Death by Zamboni
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

> Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards
    > National Indie Excellence Book Award finalist
    > A Greater Monster named a "Top 10 Book of 2012" by Common Ills blog
    > Listed in "10 Hot Chicago Reads for Chilly Nights" on Refinery29.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post

I'd love to, too.
    A bull in a china shop doesn't take damage. She delivers it. It's The Great Shy Purge of 2019.

I'd be very interested in taking part.

Default Re: Blind Sample Pass (with Bavard as Host)

This was the first time I have ever done something like this. Compared to experienced Basenoters I am underqualified, but I had a great time participating. Not only that...I found a damn beautiful woman's fragrance that I am going to buy for someone!

If I was so chosen to participate again I would gratefully accept happily.

I would understand if someone else got a chance to participate in my place.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    This was the first time I have ever done something like this. Compared to experienced Basenoters I am underqualified, but I had a great time participating. Not only that...I found a damn beautiful woman's fragrance that I am going to buy for someone!

If I was so chosen to participate again I would gratefully accept happily.

I would understand if someone else got a chance to participate in my place.
    It's usually easy enough to accommodate whoever expresses interest. Once in a while I've seen people waitlisted for a sample pass if they express interest late in the game.

Not being biased by conventional wisdom / group think / prevailing sentiment counts as a qualification - there's no question you're qualified, especially given how you killed it this round.

Love seeing so much early interest! Trying to make some fun pass picks.

Crusader, post count means little; you’re plenty qualified.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I loved following this! Bravo, Bavard, and all who participated, of course. I'd love to throw my name into the hat for the next round!
    Currently wearing: Bronze by Ellen Tracy

Hello--

I'd love to participate in another blind testing, if you still have an open slot, Bavard. I enjoy the process and the accompanying lively conversations about the samples.
    Currently wearing: Parfum Sacré by Caron

Well thanks for the kind words both Bavard and LiveJazz!

And thanks for making me feel welcome. I feel like a Rookie with all this, BUT I certainly know what I like. Bonus, the girl I am dating is going to wear the Prada from my sample the next time we see each other. I can't wait to smell it on her. I warned her that "I won't be held responsible."

Very cool to discover some scents I've never smelled.

Just a quick update, I stumbled across Annick Goutal Mandragore, the Eau de Parfum version rather than the EDT. It seems quite rare; I can find almost no images nor reviews of it specifically. But I saw one post in a thread of someone who tested it and found it very similar to the EDT but with a couple hours additional longevity. So I decided to grab it while I could! Hopefully it smells similar to the EDT we tested thanks to Bavard.
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

> Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozbliss View Post
    Just a quick update, I stumbled across Annick Goutal Mandragore, the Eau de Parfum version rather than the EDT. It seems quite rare; I can find almost no images nor reviews of it specifically. But I saw one post in a thread of someone who tested it and found it very similar to the EDT but with a couple hours additional longevity. So I decided to grab it while I could! Hopefully it smells similar to the EDT we tested thanks to Bavard.
    Report back. I'm curious to hear how it goes.

Sample 2 - Annick Goutal Mandragore

Attachment 91183

Like samples 1 and 3, this is another bottle that was given to me. I liked it from sampling in a shop, and a friend who wasn't wearing it much anymore gave me her bottle.

I like this for being an interesting variation on the Eau de Cologne theme, although I don't think that's the only way to think about it.

For overall appeal, this doesn't rate as highly, for my tastes, as some my favorites in the pass, such as samples 1 and 7, but it has a way of piquing my interest enough for an occasional wearing.
    Well...look at this...your bottle is purple? Take a look at the bottles available for the Mandagore EDT online and look at the listing here on Basenotes: http://www.basenotes.net/ID26124263.html It's clear. The bottle that I received in my purchase of the sealed NIB Mandragore Eau de Parfum is purple. So it looks like you ALSO have the rare EDP and didn't even realize it! So I guess I lucked out because it's exactly what I liked during our pass.
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8