Code of Conduct

Default Can I get a Vintage Fahrenheit check please.

So i paid 70$ shipped for this and it seemed like a good deal. I could only verify from the photos Ive seen personally from the seller. All looked well and I think still does, hence me not asking for many pictures at the time of sale. Reason Im asking is because well, I dont smell the petrol/gasoline at all... Hence me buying it. Maybe I'll have to get a few pumps into the bottle to get to it? Its brand new by the way. So what do you guys think, is it a legit bottle/tester?

Ive created an album of images, here is the link: https://imgur.com/a/sELVyf4

Default Re: Can I get a Vintage Fahrenheit check please.

Seems kinda like a newer bottle. But I'm not the expert. I think the cap to bottle size looks off, but that's probably the angle of the pic. Don't put much thought into what I'm saying. What I really wanted to do was direct you to the following website so that you could gather your own conclusions: http://raidersofthelostscent.blogspo...-2015.html?m=1

This is great find it is 1997 release, use it few more times since is brand new never spray bottle, also do not smell any frags for a few days and try it again.
    I am not sure what petrol/gasoline note you expect to smell, if you are familiar with Fahrenheit you will recognize it it right the way if is good or not.
    I know many people talk about this gasoline note in vintage Fahrenheit, but I never associate Fahrenheit with gasoline.
    And Fahrenheit is the most used cologne of my since it’s release I have gone through over 10 bottles, currently I have 3 different vintage years and all smell amazing, opening to me smell more like old rusty barrels with green grass coming underneath, but absolutely no gasoline smell in Fahrenheit to my nose.
    1976 - Yatagan Caron
    1977 - Snuff by Schiaparelli
    1981 - Kouros YSL
    1988 - Fahrenheit Dior
    1980 - Patou Pour Homme
    1987 - Lapidus Pour Homme
    1981 - Quorum Antonio Puig
    1985 - Antaeus Sport Cologne
    2014 - Dior Homme Parfum
    1987 - Ho Hang Club Balenciaga

Definitely vintage. What a nice score! Wow!

I'm no expert either but I picked up a nice set last year on CL....the bottle looks the same.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks! I used it yesterday and it smelled very nice. My wife said it smells summery but I was under the intention it was a winter frag. Looking online lead me to believe it can be used whenever..

Basenotes Plus

Looks okay to me so far (not sure about the box itself though), however I was wondering if I could get a pic of the cap side-by-side with the atomizer and collar?

I'd have to look at mine, but I think the color is close between the two but slightly different from each other. Like the cap may be more shiny/silver-y (or is it the other way around?).

Edit: Also, what kind of longevity do you get?
    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Congrats on you find and enjoy!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Same thing happened to me not long ago.

I got a bottle from 1998.

The dry down was divine, but the Top and Heart had no power at all and very weak.

I mainly contributed that to possible improper storage of the fragrance itself after many years with its previous owners / owners and and owners lol

So i sold it, and really enjoying a 2018 Bottle.
    Currently wearing: Diaghilev by Roja Dove

Quote Originally Posted by MELVCMS01 View Post
    Same thing happened to me not long ago.

I got a bottle from 1998.

The dry down was divine, but the Top and Heart had no power at all and very weak.

I mainly contributed that to possible improper storage of the fragrance itself after many years with its previous owners / owners and and owners lol

So i sold it, and really enjoying a 2018 Bottle.
    That's what I heard I hear the 2018 is nice and almost original...