Code of Conduct

Default Based on my new addiction of Tabac Blond,is parfum Sacre intense a safe blind buy?

Fell in love with some Caron Tabac Blond recently but based upon its unavailability need to go searching.I have over a hundred frags but my favs are
    Vintage: Estee Cinnabar.Karl Lagerfeld KL.Fendi by Fendi,YSL Opium.
    Is Caron Parfum Sacre Intense a safe blind buy??
    Thanks

Default Re: Based on my new addiction of Tabac Blond,is parfum Sacre intense a safe blind buy?

Parfum sacre is not as big, oriental, or leathery as the others you mentioned. It's good but I'd say it's not a safe blind buy.

Default Re: Based on my new addiction of Tabac Blond,is parfum Sacre intense a safe blind buy?

I agree, not a safe blind buy.

Basenotes Plus

I'd say no. I love Parfum Sacre, but can't stand Tabac Blond.

And Parfum Sacre is nothing like the big "fur coat" scents you list: Opium, Fendi, et al.

It could be, depending on your definition of "safe." I adore vintage Parfum Sacre EDP, in the original bottle that looks like the one below. I also enjoy Tabac Blond extrait. A wine dark rose note distinguishes Parfum Sacre from the other perfumes you've listed.

Parfum Sacre has been reformulated, and newer versions are apparently much thinner with reduced longevity, including the Intense version.
    IMG_2818.JPG

Oh dear! Thats too bad,I bought it! Will report back when it arrives....

Quote Originally Posted by annetteo View Post
    Oh dear! Thats too bad,I bought it! Will report back when it arrives....
    One never knows. I blind buy nearly everything, and I am just passing on recommendations from others on the forums. You may like the Intense version very much! I'll be curious to hear what you think of it.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by grayspoole View Post
    One never knows. I blind buy nearly everything, and I am just passing on recommendations from others on the forums. You may like the Intense version very much! I'll be curious to hear what you think of it.
    Wow, grayspoole! I had no idea you did that much blind buying. I've only tried it twice now and have regretted it both times, but those were both new fragrances with no longterm history or accumulation of reviews.
    Currently wearing: Mitsouko by Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by Starblind View Post
    Wow, grayspoole! I had no idea you did that much blind buying. I've only tried it twice now and have regretted it both times, but those were both new fragrances with no longterm history or accumulation of reviews.
    It's true. I do sample new perfumes that I am interested in buying, but with vintages, I usually just go for it, after researching the history of the perfume as best I can.

Missing Oakmoss

Quote Originally Posted by grayspoole View Post
    ...with vintages, I usually just go for it, after researching the history of the perfume as best I can.
    Same here, and I've very seldom been disappointed. If one really does the homework, odds are good that blind buys will be rewarding.

Nope, never liked Parfum Sacré, but adore Tabac Blond. Have you tried phoning a Caron boutique in Paris? They at least used to ship and I have used it multiple times. You might also want to look into Coup de Fouet, the EdT of Poivre, also exclusively available from the boutique. Roja Dove‘s retreat at Harrods used to sell Tabac Blond I think...
    Another suggestion is sampling Maitre Parfumeur‘s Ambre Doré, which I find fairly close.