Code of Conduct

Thread: Santal 33

Default Santal 33

Loving this purchase. Luckily I’m in Midwest and not Ny or La so no one else here has this scent. It’s fabulous. Glad I finally got on the bandwagon.

Default Re: Santal 33

Just a suggestion,

Youre better off responding to and adding your comments/impressions of a fragrance in an already existing relevant thread.

Check out the search function.
    Currently wearing: Diaghilev by Roja Dove

Thank you Melv. I couldn’t find any other threads similar to this on Santal 33 hence the new post. It is a good scent you ought to try it.

Hmm. those threads did not come up when I did my search. Maybe I spelled santal wrong. Good to know.

Thank you friend.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Hmm. those threads did not come up when I did my search. Maybe I spelled santal wrong. Good to know.

Thank you friend.
    Currently wearing: Diaghilev by Roja Dove

Santal 33 might be the worst representation of sandalwood I've ever smelled.
    Typical niche, put inferior quality materials in a bottle and sell it at an uncomfortable price to give the illusion of snobbish, regal luxury.
    Not to mention the bottles look like they came out a of meth lab. Junk.
    YouTube reviews with integrity: My "FragReviews" Channel
    Favorite House: Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    Fragrance Sales: eBay Store
    Currently wearing: Piper Leather by Illuminum

It’s not bad and the bottles are functional and fine. I sold the bottle I had because the fragrance has a dill pickle vibe that I wasn’t fond of.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Loving this purchase. Luckily I’m in Midwest and not Ny or La so no one else here has this scent. It’s fabulous. Glad I finally got on the bandwagon.
    Glad you are enjoying it!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaMav View Post
    Santal 33 might be the worst representation of sandalwood I've ever smelled.
    Typical ‘misdirection’ from this house, apparently. I pity the fools who would rather believe what they see on labels than what they actually smell with their noses. Official note list for example is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Typical ‘misdirection’ from this house, apparently. I pity the fools who would rather believe what they see on labels than what they actually smell with their noses. Official note list for example is a joke.
    They claim in their marketing there is Australian Sandalwood in it.
    I know how to read.
    I smell it in the composition and its the worst sandalwood material I've smelled.
    Bark was probably still green when they cut it.
    YouTube reviews with integrity: My "FragReviews" Channel
    Favorite House: Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    Fragrance Sales: eBay Store
    Currently wearing: Piper Leather by Illuminum

It’s a great scent and the darling of LA and NYC crowds. So glad I bought this.

I'm in Chicago and I know quite a few people that wear Santal 33. It's a fragrance that's garnered a lot of publicity in fashion-related magazines and apparently in hipster circles. While I found the fragrance interesting I've sold and repurchased this fragrance at least 4 times. Most recently I decided it's not for me. Santal 33 feels overpowering and off-putting at times. I am a little surprised that it's taken off the way it has all things considered.

I have a female friend who wears this and this stuff is a little heavy.
    It's a quality scent, but I think it leans more masculine than feminine. In fact, I've never smelled a woman's fragrance that came close to it.

I too think it's a little off-putting at times, but I think it helps to have a very assertive and alpha personality/look. My friend is shot and petite and on the quiet side, and she wears this on days when she's in shorts and flip flops.

Is that muskiness of Santal 33 in a similar vein to Aventus? My other friend, her sister, says she loves Aventus and wants to get a bottle for herself.

Coming from a city where it isn't overused, I think it smells alright.

It's just that if you feel attracted to the androgynous urban woody incense vibe (disclosure: I feel attracted to it ), then Comme des Garcons did it first, and did it better, and did it for less money. And CdG has more legit hipster chops, if we're adding that to the conversation.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."
    Currently wearing: Moustache by Rochas

My favourite review of Santal 33 :
    " You're a rabbit. You live in a dead garden. Your entire diet consists of unremarkable weeds, poison ivy/oak/sumac, and the occasional poisonous flower blossom. But, this isn't just any garden, because its owner decided to plant a bunch of cucumbers this year. So, you're a rabbit. You live in a mostly dead garden. Your entire diet consists of raw cucumbers, unremarkable weeds, poison ivy/oak/sumac, and the occasional poisonous flower blossom. The best part is that every so often you get to munch on all of these things after they've been spritzed with an insecticide. Santal 33 by Le Labo. "

Los Angeles, CA- too damn close to Scent Bar

There is a guy in my office who wears it religiously. It does have magnificent sillage that lives at the cusp of overwhelming. That is to say it's consistent at projecting, but stops shy of being annoyingly loud.

I have a small decant and enjoy it occasionally. But I do sometimes pick up that dill pickle note which ruins it.

My least favourite sandalwood, along with Santal Blanc by SL. Smells thin and screechy.