Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default Decant Organizer

Hello all, looking for a foam organizer for decants and samples. Any suggestions?
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
    — ABRAHAM LINCOLN.

Default Re: Decant Organizer

After trying different types of tackle boxes and dividers, my favorite organizer for samples and small decants is now one of these...

IMG_2820.JPG

It's hanging on the back of a closet door and it is very easy to find what I am looking for.

For smaller vials and sprays, ammo boxes are very good:

For larger sprayers, I imagine lipstick organisers might be ok, but I haven't tried anything like them yet:

I store my larger decants in used candle jars, but it is becoming a tad unwieldy.

Always be smelling

Quote Originally Posted by Nastka View Post
    For smaller vials and sprays, ammo boxes are very good:

For larger sprayers, I imagine lipstick organisers might be ok, but I haven't tried anything like them yet:

I store my larger decants in used candle jars, but it is becoming a tad unwieldy.
    Ammo boxes are good but the holes are not big enough for some of the 2ml sprayers. If they made it 1mm bigger it would be perfect .
    You can get the shotgun box for bigger decants and half tola oil/attar

IsoE suggested ammo boxes to me. He knows this shit
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by epapsiou View Post
    Ammo boxes are good but the holes are not big enough for some of the 2ml sprayers. If they made it 1mm bigger it would be perfect .
    You can get the shotgun box for bigger decants and half tola oil/attar

IsoE suggested ammo boxes to me. He knows this shit
    Where can I find the second one holding the lipstick?
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
    — ABRAHAM LINCOLN.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet View Post
    Where can I find the second one holding the lipstick?
    I like these. Same idea, but angled. I got mine at Aldi, but Chinese sellers have them on eBay.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/438...ants-organizer
    Last edited by Cook.bot; 9th November 2018 at 03:29 PM. Reason: grammar

I use something along these lines (several of them, actually) that I found at the Container Store:

Capture 5.JPG

And I have one of those freestanding Elfa drawers where the small top shelves are for decant storage (suborganized via above, alpha by house) and the bottom/large drawers are devoted to bottles.

I don't have a real pic, but it looks something like this, but in a closet and with the decanting and shipping supplies all over it:

Capture 3.JPG
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."
    Currently wearing: Moustache by Rochas

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post

I don't have a real pic, but it looks something like this, but in a closet and with the decanting and shipping supplies all over it:
    LOVE that idea for matching it up with the shipping/decanting supplies!

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    LOVE that idea for matching it up with the shipping/decanting supplies!
    Thanks, it was quite a project one recent rainy Sunday, but glad to get it squared it away. It was starting to look like a tornado had hit my collection!
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by grayspoole View Post
    After trying different types of tackle boxes and dividers, my favorite organizer for samples and small decants is now one of these...

IMG_2820.JPG

It's hanging on the back of a closet door and it is very easy to find what I am looking for.
    Yes, these are great! I listed this as one of my "best product" recommendations on cytherian's topic in the lounge forum a while back. This is a very well made product and so versatile--use for sewing supplies like buttons, threads, needles, or any other small items that you want to access easily just by looking at the organiser. I use mine for jewellery at the moment, but I think it is perfect for holding decants/samples in a dark, cool, dry closet, too.

Here is another tip you may find useful. If you have one of those extra long pillow cases, you can slip it right over the top of the hanger so that the fabric extends all the way down to the bottom of the organiser. This will further product your decants/samples from light, and it will protect the compartments from dust accumulation as they are not individually sealed. Very highly recommend this organiser!
    Fate gives all of us three teachers, three friends, three enemies, and three great loves in our lives. But these twelve are always disguised, and we never know which one is which until we've loved them, left them, or fought them.

Gregory David Roberts

Is anyone else a little obsessive about trying to keep their screw-top decants upright? I'm always paranoid that they'll leak if left sideways indefinitely. Should just let go and plop them sideways?

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    Is anyone else a little obsessive about trying to keep their screw-top decants upright? I'm always paranoid that they'll leak if left sideways indefinitely. Should just let go and plop them sideways?
    I have never had any problems with them. I have had a lot of problems with atomisers used for decants, though. I had two very expensive 10ml decants totally evaporate that way before I could use them. Now, I use plumbers tape around them whilst they are in the closet. You could do the same with your screw-top decants if you think it might help to allay your fears.
    Fate gives all of us three teachers, three friends, three enemies, and three great loves in our lives. But these twelve are always disguised, and we never know which one is which until we've loved them, left them, or fought them.

Gregory David Roberts

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    I like these. Same idea, but angled. I got mine at Aldi, but Chinese sellers have them on eBay.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/438...ants-organizer
    l have a couple of these that l found at TK Maxx. Recommended!

And l have had a couple of screw-top atomisers evaporate away entirely. l always keep them upright now.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

I have recently had issues with some screw top decants leaking even when they had some plumbers tape on the threads. I feel the 3 decants it happened to were just plain bad manufacturing or could be that I somehow loosened them. Not sure what caused it but I am keeping them upright no matter what when traveling with them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk