Code of Conduct

Default Few ingredients difficult to find nutty / caramel / quince

Hi dear basenotes member!

I'm trying to find some aromachemicals with certain smells, can you guys help me somehow?
    I would like to order them to Netherlands. I was thinking about perfumersapprentice.com, but
    can find almost anything there. I'm looking for :
    - caramel scent - the only thing I found is molasses ( sugar dark )
    - nutty - I found Benzaldehyde , can find it there. Another one is Filbertone and also almost not to find...
    - Quince - not clue at all any ideas?

I would appreciate your help a lot!

Default Re: Few ingredients difficult to find nutty / caramel / quince

Search up "flavor and fragrance" companies they will have the quince, pistachio extracts, coffee flavors... and everything you need for gourmand

Quote Originally Posted by MiDDeN View Post

I'm trying to find some aromachemicals with certain smells, can you guys help me somehow?
    I would like to order them to Netherlands. I was thinking about perfumersapprentice.com, but
    - nutty - I found Benzaldehyde , can find it there. Another one is Filbertone and also almost not to find...

Are you aware of the Perfumer's Search Page?

Basenotes Plus

Perfumers Apprentice has a Caramel accord, but the Strawberry Furanone dosage was too high for me, so I made my own.
    For Quince, I made my own accord.
    For nuts, that's a blend made nearly entirely with highly potent pyrazines, not so easy to make, and materials are difficult to procure.
    Filbertone is pretty hard to come by, in small qty.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

Don't bother with homofuronol - the maple / brown sugar note is too strong. I went on the search for a good caramel note or accord and I came up empty handed. Please post back if you find a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by MiDDeN View Post

Blh Sas, located in France near Grasse, have a great selection of aromachemicals and naturals, hard to find ones as well (filbertone included) and they sell in small quantities but you need to have a company registered to be able to buy from them.
    Last edited by perfectscent; 10th November 2018 at 10:10 AM.

Basenotes Junkie

For caramel, vannillic and fruity sweets and some of light burnt,
    for nutty, pirazines/filbertone and a touch of sandalwood and/or vetiver and benzaldheyde ,
    for quince, apple accord + ethyl safranate, and some cinnamals...

however, not easy to build...
    my two cents

You use lot of delicate musk like ethylene brasylate+ ethyl vanillin and ethyl maltol for smooth caramel sweetness. Galaxolide and smaller dose cashmeran is also classic high diffusive musk aroma for smoky-caramel department story like effect. Use trace skatole of indolarome and touch of plasticy indole for smoky nuttiness, and milk fudge like effect and add also trace amount phenyl ethyl pirazine for nutty scent ( overall effect is nutella like especially with patchouli rinse). Quince is mostly smell like pear-woody like vertenex+nerolidol for me and green wet floral undertone- iso eugenyl acetate is perfect.

Wow thanks for so many answers!
    * julian35 Thanks! I wasn't aware of that! It landed right away in my bookmarks
    * pkiller - Thank you, to be honest I wasn't considering ready accords, I don't know why but I found them not proffesional, I've bought some fragrance oils on hekserij.nl, and I couldn't find any description of what's used to create them. But I checked caramel accord on perfumersapprentice.com as you mentioned, and I could find all informations about the ingredients used there. Thank you for other advises, but unfrotunately I'm just beginner so creating nutty notes is not reachable for me now I see
    * bsouthers thanks a lot ! I will consider ordering from them
    * perfectscent that's nice idea, I would probably use the name of my friends company, but I can't find any information online about the aromachemicals they're selling
    * Geco grazie mille for Your helpfull answers ! I will probably order them if they will be available!
    * Kacper Thanks a lot for the advises ! I will check them certainly when I will be orderding!

2-methylpyrazine smells like roasted lobster shells and hazelnut. Buy any pyrazines in dilution since they are difficult to store undiluted (very high impact materials). There are many pryrazines that have nutty, burnt coffe or cacao aromas. Look them up on TGSC. For caramel you have strawberry furanone (and others), ethyl maltol, maple lactone, for example these are also very high impact. For quince you could look into Ethyl acetoacetate, Phenyl propyl aldehyde , Ethyl levulinate, Para cresyl acetate etc. Descriptions on TGSC is a good guide. But to make good accords you can't just use ac:s that have the scent of what you want to create but also use other, less obvious stuff like suggestions from Kacper above.