Code of Conduct

Question Bottega Veneta Pour Homme Extreme vs Bottega Veneta Pour Homme Parfum

How do these compare ?
    Thanks for your views.
    RARE PERFUME DECANTS - FACEBOOK (closed group) - Hundreds of ultra rare decants and 1 ml samples available, including Djedi/Nombre Noir/Original Patou Pour Homme/Basala etc...

Default Re: Bottega Veneta Pour Homme Extreme vs Bottega Veneta Pour Homme Parfum

I find the Extreme and EdP are my favorites while I didn't really care for the EDC or the original EdT.

The Extreme is closer to the original for me, but with the ambery woods amped up a whole lot - it has a nice transparent feeling, but maintains the leather notes over a good backbone and structure of woods. It has a kind of electric feel. The EdP on the other hand has even more leather, a good dose of patchouli added, and then a ton of tonka in the base, which gives it a vanillic kind of feeling without the sweetness.

Both have similar projection and sillage.

I really love both but prefer the EdP - there's something so unique and addictive about the drydown, while the drydown of the Extreme has kind of been done before in terms of style, in other fragrances that precede it.

Default Re: Bottega Veneta Pour Homme Extreme vs Bottega Veneta Pour Homme Parfum

I don't think any of the flankers matched the original

The original edt is my preference, I love the transparency of it

I love that line. Extreme version is my favorite followed very closely by the original. EDP is too sweet IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by L'Aventurier View Post
    I find the Extreme and EdP are my favorites while I didn't really care for the EDC or the original EdT.

The Extreme is closer to the original for me, but with the ambery woods amped up a whole lot - it has a nice transparent feeling, but maintains the leather notes over a good backbone and structure of woods. It has a kind of electric feel. The EdP on the other hand has even more leather, a good dose of patchouli added, and then a ton of tonka in the base, which gives it a vanillic kind of feeling without the sweetness.

Both have similar projection and sillage.

I really love both but prefer the EdP - there's something so unique and addictive about the drydown, while the drydown of the Extreme has kind of been done before in terms of style, in other fragrances that precede it.
    Exactly this for me.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Found the original to be the more pleasant one.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I tried the EdT Extreme and the EdP. I liked the Extreme better then the EdP which hovered about a half inch above my skin

Mmmm... been eyeing this up of late.