Code of Conduct
Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1562

Blog Entries

Default Re: Synchronized Fridays 2019

l have one German perfume: Suntanglam by SP Parfums, but on this gloomy, wet & windy day it would seem terribly out of place.

Since ClockworkAlice mentioned coffee, l've gone with Carthusia's Terra Mia. lt's dark, roasted coffee with orange blossom, much better than it sounds, earthy & nicely autumnal.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus

I haven’t visited Germany yet (it’s on my wish list) but the cloves and incensy woods of Lutens Serge Noire somehow evoke a walk through a Christkindlesmarkt.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain
    Currently wearing: Obsession by Calvin Klein

Going for woods/oak note now with Tom Daxon Riven Oak.
    Expect to move on to Odin 07 Tanoke later - frankincense, woods and orange, for that cathedral + wood vibe.
    November rotation - incense and smoke : Penhaligon's Elixir; CdG Avignon, Zagorsk; Piguet Casbah; Jacomo Jacomo de Jacomo; Etro Shaal Nur, Messe de Minuit; Odin 07 Tanoke; Unum LAVS, Io Non Ho Mani; Heeley Cardinal, Eau Sacree; Anatole Lebreton Grimoire; Tom Daxon Resin Sacra; Tauer Incense Extreme
    Currently wearing: Resin Sacra by Tom Daxon

Today I'm wearing 4711 because it is literally the best and most obvious choice for today's Cologne, Germany sync. I also have a doctor's appointment this morning, so and 4711 (or really any EDC) is a good and appropriate choice for the day's agenda.

I was out of the country on vacation last week for Malle Day. I only packed samples and decants on the trip because I didn't want anything to break or get lost, especially one of those super expensive Frederic Malle bottles! Malle is one of my favorite houses, and I have quite a few to pick from. I especially love Noir Epices, La Parfum de Therese, French Lover, and Vetiver Extraordinaire this time of year. I'll sync with one of those tonight or this afternoon to catch up.

I’m wearing Eau de Neroli Dore by Hermès today because it resembles the classic eau de cologne style, but it’s spicy and soft— perfect for a cooler rainy day.
    My only regrets in life are the people I haven't stood up for,
    and the perfumes I've thrown away.
    Currently wearing: Infusion d'Iris by Prada

Basenotes Junkie ClockworkAlice's Avatar

Despite finishing several German fragrances through the years, I do not have any with me at the moment. There is a final ml of my Puma Woman left which would fit quite well, but that one is residing in my old room at my parents'. I could have worn a Calvin Klein as his surname is obviously German; or a very herbal and slightly bitter scent Assenzio by Italian house L'Erbolario to imagine all the herbs that might be growing here, but I didn't want to.

Today I wore (and am still wearing) Gucci Guilty Absolute, because I really wanted to... I know it's not really synching, but let's pretend that I'm imagining a walk through Cologne's suburbs, wearing a leather jacket, heading into some forest to pick some blackberries and passing a rose shrub along the way...okay? And also that solemn calm and seriousness I feel in this fragrance somehow kind of fits here, I think.

EXPLOSIVE edt, Etienne Aigner
    From a mini - seems it is the only fragrance I have that is on the German perfumes list. I guess I should investigate!
    ”I want all the perfumes”

Ah! The sync that makes you think. Dusted off Joop Femme EDT & Karl Lagerfeld EDP from the back of the perfume closet today to revisit. Would have posted sooner but my power was out for 15 hours because a tree fell on a utility pole down the street and caused an outage.

not right, in the head

....................................... Central PA
    Blog Entries

Convulted idea... I was going to wear a fragrance associated with someone who hailed from Cologne -- the singer, Nico. Apparently she was contracted to do some modeling for Chanel's Coco fragrance and related products at one time but, left Europe in haste, to come to the US. And then, I couldn't locate my sample for Coco, so I gave up. It's the thought, that counts. And, I didn't feel like digging out any Jil Sander so.... But hey! At least I gave it some thought?!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/468...ilk?highlight= my for sale thread...

Grunge is dead... Long live Grunge...
    Currently wearing: V / Visa by Robert Piguet

Quote Originally Posted by HouseOfPhlegethon View Post
    Convulted idea... I was going to wear a fragrance associated with someone who hailed from Cologne -- the singer, Nico. Apparently she was contracted to do some modeling for Chanel's Coco fragrance and related products at one time but, left Europe in haste, to come to the US. And then, I couldn't locate my sample for Coco, so I gave up. It's the thought, that counts. And, I didn't feel like digging out any Jil Sander so.... But hey! At least I gave it some thought?!
    Of course the thought counts, too.
    And interesting bits on Nico & Coco - didn't know that!

not right, in the head

....................................... Central PA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ClockworkAlice View Post
    Of course the thought counts, too.
    And interesting bits on Nico & Coco - didn't know that!
    She, was allegedly a racist, which I disapprove of this anyway...
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/468...ilk?highlight= my for sale thread...

Grunge is dead... Long live Grunge...
    Currently wearing: V / Visa by Robert Piguet

People of Zee Wurl, Relax

In late with the post but did Sync up. I W'dFH on Friday which usually means I cover various parts of my hands and arms in like 6 different samples.

Went literal with a classic Eau de Cologne in Jean Marie Farina - Roger & Gallet

Went "German Perfumer" with Sea Salt Amber - SP Parfums/Sven Pritzkoleit

Went "German House" with two from Jil Sander, Feeling Man & Man Absolute
    Currently wearing: Gucci pour Homme by Gucci

Freed from BN Institution

Two options comes to mind that I currently have: Indult Tihota (vanilla and musk) or Dior Vetiver (vetiver and coffee).
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Habit Rouge by Guerlain

So is this the number of notes as stated in a notes pyramid (which we know are frequently incomplete or incorrect) ?
    Very few options in my wardrobe. And I guess we are not including essential oils, but then again, why not ?.

So I might wear my sample of Lutens La Couche du Diable, which the pyramid states as : oud, labdanum but I don't believe it
    Perhaps vetiver EO in the evening.
    November rotation - incense and smoke : Penhaligon's Elixir; CdG Avignon, Zagorsk; Piguet Casbah; Jacomo Jacomo de Jacomo; Etro Shaal Nur, Messe de Minuit; Odin 07 Tanoke; Unum LAVS, Io Non Ho Mani; Heeley Cardinal, Eau Sacree; Anatole Lebreton Grimoire; Tom Daxon Resin Sacra; Tauer Incense Extreme

For "Scents that use very few notes" Synch I could use my sample of Elizabeth Arden White Tea Rose (the notes say Pear Blossom, Rose, Amber - but of course the are more, for example, the tea) or Rabarbaro by L'Erbolario (Lemon, Rhubarb, Saffron, Black Tea, Musk) - I only get saffron, black tea and musk while wearing it, so to me it counts like 3 notes

But I think the best I could choose would be Pink Grapefruit by The Body Shop. It's just that, a pink grapefruit. Perfect. What's not perfect is the longevity, that's why I mostly use it as a weekend morning refresher or after shower scent or I layer it on top of something else that asks for some juicy fruitiness.
    But layered with a generous helping of TBS Pink Grapefruit body yoghurt it should last me at least half a day.

I thought SMN would be it for me but surprised to find the ones I own which are supposed to come from early 00 when created actually have a full pyramid.

So that is me out this week.
    DONNA

Blog Entries

l think one's own perception of the scent is more important than the note pyramid here. lf you only perceive one or two notes in a perfume, then that'll fit the synch, regardless of what is "supposed" to be in there.

l have several "solinote" perfumes to choose from this week, but l really need to catch up on some sampling, so l'll see how l feel tomorrow.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

This one is proving slightly tricky! I'll probably go with one of my Demeter scents, which while I'm sure it's a crazy blend of all kinds of things aim to smell like a singular "thing". Maybe olive leaf as I've been feeling more green as the weather turns.
    My current rotation:
    Vetivers: Root of all Goodness by Parterre & Autumn 19 by Ffern
    Skin scents: Shermine by Pierre Guillaume & Goddess by Lush
    Work horses: Magnetica by Voronoi, Paithaini by Penhaligons & 154 by Jo Malone
    Currently wearing: Shermine by Huitième Art

For tomorrow's synch I was thinking about Tam dao
    Currently wearing: Obsession by Calvin Klein

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    l think one's own perception of the scent is more important than the note pyramid here. lf you only perceive one or two notes in a perfume, then that'll fit the synch, regardless of what is "supposed" to be in there.
    In that case, easy sync for me:

Hiris by Hermès

Although it has other notes listed for base, I smell nothing but pure iris with a little hay.

I’ve got a collection of Avon Sheer Essences so I’m going to have fun with them tomorrow. Here they are from left to right in order of my best to least liked - Sandalwood, Pachouli, Freesia, Peony, Lilac, Gardenia.
    8DDCAC5A-D162-4B70-839A-11D51CAAB621.jpg
    ”I want all the perfumes”

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Earlyn View Post
    I’ve got a collection of Avon Sheer Essences so I’m going to have fun with them tomorrow. Here they are from left to right in order of my best to least liked - Sandalwood, Pachouli, Freesia, Peony, Lilac, Gardenia.
    What fun that sounds like! I'd love to smell a pure freesia, one of the few flowers whose actual scent I enjoy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    What fun that sounds like! I'd love to smell a pure freesia, one of the few flowers whose actual scent I enjoy.
    Then you need to try Antonia's Flowers.

That's cool, Earlyn! Are you going to choose one or will you mix them?

Syncing with Indult Tihota. Contains only vanilla and musk

Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Quote Originally Posted by Earlyn View Post
    8DDCAC5A-D162-4B70-839A-11D51CAAB621.jpg
    Go for the sandalwood, one of my favorite notes

Like I said yesterday, I'm going with Pink Grapefruit. I used the body yoghurt too, and sprayed my clothes, so I hope it will last for a while.
    I took my remains of Rabarbaro travel bottle to refresh in the evening - also not too many notes.

I'm kind of in synch with The Body shop White Musk.
    It has mainly musk with a couple of florals and vanilla.
    This is an inexpensive yet very wearable scent.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.
    Currently wearing: Roma by Laura Biagiotti

As predicted today it's Demeter in the form of Olive Flower. It will probably last a grand total of 2 hours it's so weak, but hey I'm in synch for a little while!

Pawing through my collection last night I flirted with the idea of one of the escentric molecules samples I have, but trying them on this morning was really not good. Another house I'm just not getting on with at all. I suppose this is why we sample first!
    My current rotation:
    Vetivers: Root of all Goodness by Parterre & Autumn 19 by Ffern
    Skin scents: Shermine by Pierre Guillaume & Goddess by Lush
    Work horses: Magnetica by Voronoi, Paithaini by Penhaligons & 154 by Jo Malone
    Currently wearing: Shermine by Huitième Art

Synching with the last of my sample of Xerjoff 17/17 Irisss, which seems like the epitome of orris/iris. Also because samples should be used up and not left to evaporate.

Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast