Code of Conduct
Page 55 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 1728
o

Default Re: Synchronized Fridays 2019

Quote Originally Posted by cazaubon View Post
    I synced with Penhaligon’s Elixir, which I enjoyed very much. :-).
    Synch twins ! Always good to find someone else who appreciates Elixir.
    early December - in the bleak midwinter, cold or animalic : CdG Zagorsk; YSL Body Kouros; Jacomo Jacomo de Jacomo; Dior Fahrenheit; Tom Daxon Iridium; Hermes Hiris; Etro Heliotrope, Messe de Minuit; Knize Forest; Hiram Green Hyde; Papillon Anubis, Anglique; Mona di Orio Cuir; Tauer Lonestar Memories; Francesca Bianchi The Lover's Tale; Serge Lutens La Couche du Diable; Lalique Encre Noire

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post
    It's unfortunately a little too easy for me to make room for both vintage/classical and modern scents; your signature makes me suspect you have the same "problem".
    Yeah, figured I should just own it.
    ”I want all the perfumes”

Freed from BN Institution

Synesthysia Day: see color/hear sound/texture - describe it

That's going to take some thinking.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Synesthysia Day: see color/hear sound/texture - describe it

That's going to take some thinking.
    I like that one! Very nice.
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines

I am thinking too avant-garde for me?

Perhaps something leather or suede-like notes that would cover texture?

I do not think of fragrance as colours, but orientals are always thought of as red, aquatic as blue?
    DONNA

Went with Chanel No 19 - An icy cold green fragrance. The green tint of the juice supports this genre.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

not right, in the head

....................................... Central PA
    Blog Entries

Rappelle-Toi by L'Artisan Parfumeur. It just drips, sticky honey and I see a golden yellow, when I close my eyes.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/468...ilk?highlight= my for sale thread...

Grunge is dead... Long live Grunge...

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Galop d'Hermès here! I get many sensations from this one, which is one reason I like it.

First of all, I "see" it as red, even though the box and juice are yellow, and the bottle silver and clear.

To me, the leather is soft but like the back side of hard leather. There is also a waxy feel to it.

Now I should say that Galop seems red and flat when it smells like a rose scent, but more golden and shiny when I perceive it as more of a leather scent.

The fruit is sweet and sour at the same time. The scent is not cool, but parts of it are.
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines

Basenotes Plus

Aqua Universalis Forte--the "color" white and the texture or velvet. Lovely.
    “The unnatural and the strange have a perfume of their own”
    ― Fernando Pessoa
    Currently wearing: High Frequency by Initio

Well, I am going with Gris Clair by Serge Lutens.

Gray for the colour it has always been thought of as ashey.
    DONNA

I'm wearing lust today, which weirdly reminds me of white fox fur. I'm not sure why, but there you go.
    My current rotation:
    Vetivers: Root of all Goodness by Parterre & Autumn 19 by Ffern
    Skin scents: Shermine by Pierre Guillaume & Goddess by Lush
    Work horses: Magnetica by Voronoi, Paithaini by Penhaligons & 154 by Jo Malone

CdG Zagorsk : the colour of snow by moonlight

gbr-0oJvjfsIWP-0.jpeg
    early December - in the bleak midwinter, cold or animalic : CdG Zagorsk; YSL Body Kouros; Jacomo Jacomo de Jacomo; Dior Fahrenheit; Tom Daxon Iridium; Hermes Hiris; Etro Heliotrope, Messe de Minuit; Knize Forest; Hiram Green Hyde; Papillon Anubis, Anglique; Mona di Orio Cuir; Tauer Lonestar Memories; Francesca Bianchi The Lover's Tale; Serge Lutens La Couche du Diable; Lalique Encre Noire

Blog Entries

Although l wore it just a couple of days ago, l had to pick Chergui for this synch. The juice in my decant is a deep purplish brown, but the scent of honey, cherry tobacco & woods conjures up all the colours of autumn for me, from golden yellow through crimson to every shade of brown. Plus it has a delightfully fuzzy, suede-like texture.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: Ghost by Ghost

not right, in the head

Blog Entries

T. Rex by Zoologist. Smells like a smoke-filled, jazz club, with big, leather booths.

Basenotes Plus

I've never experienced the perfumes/colors thing myself, but I'll take a swing at it with Tilda Swinton Like This, which definitely feels like the pumpkin-orangey image it wants to evoke -- and super-seasonal this time of year.

SotE is Kenzo amour....It feels orange to me.

Basenotes Junkie ClockworkAlice's Avatar

Sadly, I do not experience synesthesia, but I do have an okay imagination and I do have a habit to compare things and seek for similarities, so I knew I don't have to prepare for this, I'll just wear whatever is around and see what the scent conjures up in my mind.

My daytime scent was Puma Woman - a scent from my teen years. I dug up an almost empty bottle from the box full of my old stuff at my parent's a while ago and now I'm using it up when I visit them. It was my first scent ever, a birthday gift from parents, and it transports me right into my early teens when I was a sporty, snarky and active tomboy who wore boyish clothes, loved animals, drawing, daydreaming and her books. (When I think about it, I stayed the same - in a way.) It's a citrusy oakmoss bomb on me. The notes say pink grapefruit, apple blossom, green tea / jasmine, lily of the valley, violet / cedar, sandalwood, oakmoss - but what I'm actually getting the most is oakmoss and bergamot. It has zero sweetness, it's bitter and a bit sour, very sporty, but not in a clean way - it kinda has some almost sweaty undertone. To me it seems like a dark green/army green scent with orange streaks, and the texture is rough - like moss, shrubs and the forest ground. And it smells like my early teens, and me on a running track with my dirty sneakers, loose t-shirt, oversized hoodie and my red baseball cap.
    I'll also wear it tomorrow and maybe on Sunday morning, too - I'll see if I can finish the bottle this weekend or if it stays there for my next visit.

I also tested some scents in the mall after meeting my childhood friend for a coffee.

Moschino Cheap & Chic I Love Love - I retest it regularly as it's a bit different on me everytime I try it. Today it was an orange cream - soft, creamy, half an edible orange cream, half a not-actually-edible orange scented hand cream.

Jessica Simpson Fancy
    - It conjures up an image of a blond, lovely. cheery and always smiling, always giggling and chatting young girl wearing a cozy beige/muted pink coloured sweater and a scarf eating candied carramelized pears. I think such a girl would adore this sweet and cozy scent immensely.

CK Euphoria - maybe it's the bottle's fault, but I see this fragrance as a purple one, it is smooth and lovely to the touch as a polished wooden table. There's a bowl of pomegranates on this table. Someone's sitting, reading and drinking a vanilla tea nearby, and wearing a perfume, too.

ClockworkAlice, I enjoyed your picture vignettes.

Today I wore Givenchy III because it has a most definite shape to me. I experience it as a shimmering, squishy translucent holographic sphere that floats above my wrist. The center is a little dark with diffuse and hazy browns and reds, and the outer edges are wrapped with a glowy green velveteen. This is an image I found that gives a close approximation except my sphere is not so transparent.

7D32F7A3-45B9-41DD-81C8-274CB9403DA7.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ClockworkAlice View Post
    CK Euphoria - maybe it's the bottle's fault, but I see this fragrance as a purple one, it is smooth and lovely to the touch as a polished wooden table. There's a bowl of pomegranates on this table. Someone's sitting, reading and drinking a vanilla tea nearby, and wearing a perfume, too.
    [Impressed slow clap]. I really like this scent and have fond memories of it. It was the first scent I bought for my wife when we first started dating and Euphoria had just come out. I liked it then and still do. This description absolutely nails it.

Quote Originally Posted by Earlyn View Post
    [Another impressed slow clap]. Yup, totally see it.

I do not experience synesthesia nor do I have a particular talent for associating detailed imagery with scents.

I guess one exception is Norne smelling to me like a freshly burnt pine forest, at night, where the rain is falling on still-warm embers, creating a thick smoky-piney humidity.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Guerlain

Thank you, LiveJazz and Earlyn!
    Earlyn, I loved your description, too. So vivid!
    LiveJazz, I'm glad my association fits yours! I enjoyed this scent a lot, too.

not sure I interpreted this sync exactly as intended. Wore Balenciaga Cristobal, and could re-imagine the fell and texture of eating figs from my tree this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    I do not experience synesthesia nor do I have a particular talent for associating detailed imagery with scents.

I guess one exception is Norne smelling to me like a freshly burnt pine forest, at night, where the rain is falling on still-warm embers, creating a thick smoky-piney humidity.
    I disagree with your assessment as I have read many smell pictures from your notes. I love that sort of damp campfire smell you describe.

Quote Originally Posted by knit at nite View Post
    not sure I interpreted this sync exactly as intended. Wore Balenciaga Cristobal, and could re-imagine the fell and texture of eating figs from my tree this summer.
    I believe you got what was intended. That is a very sensual description you shared - taste, texture, temperature. Cristobal sounds luscious.

I have a few choices for Hazel's vanilla BN Day as its one of my favorite notes. My choices include Indult Tihota, Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille, Shalimar Ode a la Vanille sur route du Mexique, Shalimar Ode a la Vanille sur la route du Madagascar.

Now that explains me my recent vanilla craving!
    I was subconsciously preparing for Hazel5's day!
    I have several choices, too, I'll go with one of them according to my mood of the day.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    I have a few choices for Hazel's vanilla BN Day as its one of my favorite notes. My choices include Indult Tihota, Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille, Shalimar Ode a la Vanille sur route du Mexique, Shalimar Ode a la Vanille sur la route du Madagascar.
    You seem to like Madagascar better than Mexique. I've never smelled either and as a vanilla fan that's lame! Can you say a little about them?
    ― Fernando Pessoa

not right, in the head

Blog Entries

I've got vanilla scents galore, so I'm prepared.

Not my favourite fragrance note, but I have a few to choose from - maybe a good opportunity to dip into the mini-bottle of Angel I acquired last week? Cape Heartache would be my go-to, but I feel like I've worn that for a lot of synchs, same with Libra. Lothair is listed as having a vanilla note, as is Luminata, which I haven't worn but once or twice since summer.

I know a lot of people really like vanilla in perfumes, so curious to see what everyone chooses to add to my (too long) sampling list!
    My current rotation:
    Vetivers: Root of all Goodness by Parterre & Autumn 19 by Ffern
    Skin scents: Shermine by Pierre Guillaume & Goddess by Lush
    Work horses: Magnetica by Voronoi, Paithaini by Penhaligons & 154 by Jo Malone

Blog Entries

This Friday looks like the perfect time to try my sample of Black Flower Mexican Vanilla by Dame Perfumery. l have high hopes for this one.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: Ghost by Ghost

Not my favourite note either, but continuing my incense+smoke November theme, I'll be Synching in L'Occitane Eau des Baux.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    This Friday looks like the perfect time to try my sample of Black Flower Mexican Vanilla by Dame Perfumery. l have high hopes for this one.
    I love this one.
    ― Fernando Pessoa

Page 55 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast