Code of Conduct
Page 58 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 1817
o

Default Re: Synchronized Fridays 2019

In sync today with a less common Maurice Roucel choice, bar far neither the first nor the likeliest did have in mind.

But wile considering a weather and/or evening appropriate male gourmand by this perfumer, another fairly uncommon releases among his did eventually get my attention. Namely Ispahan by Yves Rocher, a vintage and/or discontinued scent which, albeit qualified as feminine, has by far at least as many unisex and even masculine characteristics in it.
    Not only a traditional formula of male leather floral along the lines of Knize Ten, Creed REL or even vintage Derby, but also an almost unsettling yet in equal measures beautiful and fascinating hint of a dark earthy, mossy, almost "swampy", damp brooding yet also rich fougere in the style of but not limited to Drakkar Noir (even the first released, less known initial Drakkar), vintage Trussardi Uomo, Salvador Dali, Lomani and/or Duc de Vervins along with the l'Extreme version.
    Currently wearing: Antaeus by Chanel

not right, in the head

....................................... Central PA
    Blog Entries

Oro by Roberto Cavalli.

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    How well I remember those gold-tipped sobranies, Mumsy. We used to think we were such hot sh*t as kids, smoking them. For a very long time I kept one of the boxes they came in because I'd gotten Otis Redding's autograph on it when I had no other paper on me. Alas, it disappeared in one of my cross-country moves.
    Haha. I called our dog after him. Otis.

Maurice made 24 Faubourg too. That makes so much sense as I wore that for years. I'd never made the connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Earlyn View Post
    Oh this is so familiar. I used to smoke Sherman Fantasias. I no longer smoke regularly but I’ll have probably 4-6 cigarettes a year and this is what they are. My husband bought me a box of these for the holidays. Not really a party thing anymore. A glass of liqueur on the porch more likely, and the K de Krizia of course.
    Oh the beautiful coloured fags. I didn't realise anyone else did them too. Definitely shall have to try one even though I very rarely smoke anymore.
    The PONK club - gymnosium for perfumers (NOTE:- All club matters still on hold whilst I care for my dad now.)

Twitter - @PonkClub for regular twitter updates

My Tincture list

A perfumed life - Tinctures, perfumes, cordials, wines and ingredients
    Currently wearing: Charisma by Avon

People of Zee Wurl, Relax

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    Found my sample of Lutens Iris Silver Mist. Wearing it now.

"frozen carrots from outer space"
    Possibly the best 5-word scent description ever.
    Fully in agreement. I wish I could take credit for it but I'm almost positive I adopted it from elsewhere, hence the quote. ClaireV? Someone's blog? Brilliant concise description either way.

Speaking of great short descriptions, I wore Musc Ravageur to work for the sync. To quote the intrepid Redneck Perfumisto, "Cinnamon diapers". Once I heard that, I couldn't unhear it. It isn't exactly flattering but I think it works perfectly for MR. Not dirty diapers, in my mind at least. But there's that semi-powdery smell of fresh diapers that I certainly find it in. Now when I see the red text on the bottle, I think of our Red.

I know it garners a lot of hot-sex-on-a-platter descriptions, but I think MR is a totally solid, totally work-safe cold weather oriental. I've worn it to work more than anywhere else...then again I don't really go many places besides work these days, so probably not the best data point.

I was browsing other Roucel scents and found out he did Kenzoair Intense. Wearing that for an afternoon sync. It's a semi-transparent anisic/IES/vetiver scent with the typical Kenzo synth minimalism. I think if vetiver fans (calling Cook.bot) can tolerate anise, they might really like this one. It not a heavy, rooty vetiver like Etro or something, but it does a good job as somewhere between a bit part and co-star.

Freed from BN Institution

Musc Ravageur got a lot love for this week's sync. It is a very comforting scent.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Bel Ami by Hermès

Quote Originally Posted by grayspoole View Post
    I enjoy Roucel's verve and range.

I am deciding between Gucci Envy parfum or Guerlain Insolence EDP.
    What do you think of Gucci Envy perfume? Haven't tried the feminine version myself.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IsoESuperman View Post
    Fully in agreement. I wish I could take credit for it but I'm almost positive I adopted it from elsewhere, hence the quote. ClaireV? Someone's blog? Brilliant concise description either way.

Speaking of great short descriptions, I wore Musc Ravageur to work for the sync. To quote the intrepid Redneck Perfumisto, "Cinnamon diapers". Once I heard that, I couldn't unhear it. It isn't exactly flattering but I think it works perfectly for MR. Not dirty diapers, in my mind at least. But there's that semi-powdery smell of fresh diapers that I certainly find it in. Now when I see the red text on the bottle, I think of our Red.

I know it garners a lot of hot-sex-on-a-platter descriptions, but I think MR is a totally solid, totally work-safe cold weather oriental. I've worn it to work more than anywhere else...then again I don't really go many places besides work these days, so probably not the best data point.

I was browsing other Roucel scents and found out he did Kenzoair Intense. Wearing that for an afternoon sync. It's a semi-transparent anisic/IES/vetiver scent with the typical Kenzo synth minimalism. I think if vetiver fans (calling Cook.bot) can tolerate anise, they might really like this one. It not a heavy, rooty vetiver like Etro or something, but it does a good job as somewhere between a bit part and co-star.
    OMG, I love it! I almost put on the cinnamon diapers tonight, but I was VERY intrigued by my big travel spray / bon-bon of Bond no.9 Broadway Nite, so I went with that. "Bride of Leafzilla" is my name for it now, but a bit more obscure that one will be. Roucel is awesome, and totally unafraid. Not sure if I ever mentioned that my wife went nuts for Musc Ravageur when she first smelled it, and demanded the sample. A week or so later, she gave it back. Just like me - she thinks Roucel is amazing, but his statements are too dramatic for our Toyota lifestyle. Respect, nonetheless, and same thing for Broadway Nite. Awesome! Been a while since I was this impressed, even though it is far from my usual sampling.
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Now going with L'Instant de Guerlain EdT, but from a quite old bottle. Feels like an EdP. Interesting and easy for a guy.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Roucel is awesome, and totally unafraid.
    He's kind of like a less buttoned-down (and wittier) Bertrand Duchaufour. I'd love to know what those two think of each other's work.

Just like me - she thinks Roucel is amazing, but his statements are too dramatic for our Toyota lifestyle.
    That sums him up for me, too. Even some of his scents that I really like, I don't own because I feel like they would be wearing me instead of vice versa.

Blog Entries

Already thinking about next week's synch, & wondering if CuddleCat can give us some ideas following her recent trip to Phillip lsland??

l see there's a chocolate factory there, & there's the famous racing circuit, so smells of petrol, tarmac or leather could work. And of course anything that smells of beaches or the ocean...
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Already thinking about next week's synch, & wondering if CuddleCat can give us some ideas following her recent trip to Phillip lsland??

l see there's a chocolate factory there, & there's the famous racing circuit, so smells of petrol, tarmac or leather could work. And of course anything that smells of beaches or the ocean...
    One of the Original Penguin scents for me!!!

Or a eucalyptus note, as there are eucalypts around the path to the penguin-watching area.
    January to Candlemas - cold, pale and dark : CdG Zagorsk; PradaInfusion d'Iris; L.T Piver Heliotrope Blanc; Etro Heliotrope and Vetiver; Gucci Guilty Absolute pH; Jacomo Jacomo de Jacomo; Lalique Encre Noire.
    Sampling Papillon Angelique; Tom Daxon Iridium; Rundholz Feb 14, 1912, Andy Tauer Lonesome Rider; Penhaligon's Sartorial; Tom Ford Ombre Leather.
    Currently wearing: Ombré Leather by Tom Ford

Yes, to the yummy chocolate factory & to the Phillip Island racing circuit (home of the Melbourne Moto GP race -superbikes), that track has a lot of history, we loved going through the motor museum there. There's a great family friendly beach & some surf beaches. It also has a place called The Nobbies which has a borderwalk around the cliffs with amazing views, nature at its best, it also looks out over Seal Rock (lots of seals there). The penguins nest at The Nobbies during breeding season.

Quote Originally Posted by incense+heliotrope View Post
    Or a eucalyptus note, as there are eucalypts around the path to the penguin-watching area.
    There is also a koala conservation reserve on the Island so there are lots of eucalyptus trees there as well. The reserve also has other wildlife - wallabies (small kangaroos) & lots of different varieties of birds including water birds.

The Island used to have a lot of chicory kilns, there are a few left that you can see close to the roadside as you drive around. Chicory is used a lot as a coffee substitute so perfumes with coffee notes are an option, too.

There is a tourist attraction called A Maze'N Things which includes a Magical Manor. It is an exciting world of magic, optical illusions, mazes and puzzles. Thought, I'd mention it here, maybe, someone will want to put their thinking cap on & think of a fragrance that would connect to this unique attraction.
    No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.

Basenotes Junkie ClockworkAlice's Avatar

CuddleCat, thank you for sharing your knowledge! It was really interesting to read. Incence+heliotrope, thank you for your insight, too!

I think I could wear CK Contradiction for the eucalyptus note or one of my chocolate-y fragrances - Lait et chocolat by Chabaud or Angel Muse from recently acquired sample - thanks to a helpful SA.

Blog Entries

Cool, thanks CuddleCat!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Not specifically Philip Island, but the world's best licorice comes from Australia. So maybe licorice, anise, or fennel notes might be appropriate?
    ”I want all the perfumes”

Yes, I am early. But I have no idea for this coming Friday?
    DONNA
    Currently wearing: L'Aimant by Coty

Very informative CuddleCat, well done

I am not sure I own any with those notes?
    DONNA

Basenotes Institution Darjeeling's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    I am not sure I own any with those notes?
    Assuming your wardrobe is up to date, Bulgari Black for that rubber note reminiscent of tires on the Phillip Island race track.
    It’s what the I’d wear if it were cooler.
    I think I’ll be wearing Sel Marin myself.
    1. No, never blind buy (I do, but do as I say, not as I do. I'm taking no responsibility for your fragrance gambling).
    2. Get them both. You're a Basenoter and you know you're going to end up purchasing them both eventually.
    3. Yes, it has been reformulated.
    4. Looking for a signature scent? You've come to the wrong place.

WOW!!!!

Thank you, I forgot about Black!
    DONNA

Planning to wear YSL Body Kouros as SOTD; changing to Penhaligon's Elixir for the evening. Both incense and eucalyptus scents.
    January to Candlemas - cold, pale and dark : CdG Zagorsk; PradaInfusion d'Iris; L.T Piver Heliotrope Blanc; Etro Heliotrope and Vetiver; Gucci Guilty Absolute pH; Jacomo Jacomo de Jacomo; Lalique Encre Noire.
    Sampling Papillon Angelique; Tom Daxon Iridium; Rundholz Feb 14, 1912, Andy Tauer Lonesome Rider; Penhaligon's Sartorial; Tom Ford Ombre Leather.
    Currently wearing: Ombré Leather by Tom Ford

Starting sync day with 34 Boulevard St Germain by Diptyque, it has eucalyptus in it & although I wear during all of the summer months, I think of it as a great Aussie Xmas scent, too.
    No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.

Even though it's the wrong kind of weather to wear it now, I'll go with Creed Virgin Island Water for Sync Friday. A great time to wear it over in the Phillip Island.

Basenotes Junkie ClockworkAlice's Avatar

Yesterday and today I'm synching with CK Contradiction for the eucalypt note. It comes across as slightly metallic in this fragrance.

From Zealot Crusader’s review:
    “The base here is the thing most fans of Moschino Pour Homme tend to scream over, with labdanum, oakmoss, that petrol leather note, and a slightly animalic styrax mellowed out just a smidge with a thin sliver of coumarin.”
    Vroom! Vroom! It’ll be Moschino Pour Homme for me.
    ”I want all the perfumes”

I've been out for a couple of weeks due to some personal stuff going on in the real world, but enjoying watching everyone else's wears! Hope everyone has a great Friday and weekend. I'm looking forward to joining back in next week (life permitting)
    My current rotation:
    Skin scents: Shermine by Pierre Guillaume & Goddess by Lush
    Work horses: Magnetica by Voronoi & Paithaini by Penhaligons
    Heavy Hitters: Hyde by Hiram Green & Vi et Armis by Beaufort

Okay, so going with Black by Bulgari which is very early 00s version.

No idea what Bulgari did with it but so many bad reviews of the newer version.
    DONNA

Coffee appeals to me for first thing in the morning. So I shall go with Sultan Pashas attar, Cafe Ambre. I could eat this.
    The PONK club - gymnosium for perfumers (NOTE:- All club matters still on hold whilst I care for my dad now.)

Twitter - @PonkClub for regular twitter updates

My Tincture list

A perfumed life - Tinctures, perfumes, cordials, wines and ingredients
    Currently wearing: Charisma by Avon

Blog Entries

l'm risking a second wearing of Club Design from the Zoo Sample Pass, for the leather & rubber notes, to represent the Phillip lsland racing circuit. l'm ambivalent about this one, & l'm not sure it's very work-friendly, but hey, it's Friday.

Page 58 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast