Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar

Default Re: Rare Xerjoff's limited time for US customers

Quote Originally Posted by akadem View Post
    I just placed the order for La Capitale, very excited that it is available now, I was about to order a bottle from Russian seller on ebay.
    TNBLUEMIKE,
    PM me with your address and I will be happy to send you a sample when I get the bottle.
    Thank you so much that is very nice of you. I might take you up on that if I don't take the plunge myself.

I am a big fan of Xerjoff and I am still weighing up the thought of grabbing this and per your earlier suggestion adding the Oud Stars selection that would be quite a mini haul for me. This one is also available at Essenza Nobile. I have a feeling with no expiration date and another outlet selling this perhaps even Luckyscent may get some bottles like they did with Jebel and Wabar late last year which were Qatar exclusives at the time. So time may be on our side this time unlike the Alexandria Oriental and Aubres releases.

Please let us know your thoughts on this especially if this can be unisex as I had heard it may lean feminine. It is just so hard to find very much information on this one.

Received my bottle of La Capitale today and liked it a lot.
    Sorry TNBLUEMIKE, it is very feminine to my nose, drop me a line if you want a sample.

Basenotes Junkie

Got to get me a sample of that La Capitale. Sounds amazing... strawberry, caramel, peach, vanilla, amber, leather, saffron, benzoin....all done by xerjoff. I m sure itll be a hit.
    Parfum de Marly Oajan

Received my bottle of La Capitale today and liked it a lot.
    Sorry TNBLUEMIKE, it is very feminine to my nose, drop me a line if you want a sample.
    Thanks again for thinking of me. I bit the bullet this morning when they e-mailed me in the wee hours of the night telling me only a few bottles remained so I went ahead and purchased one. Does it remind you of Kemi Aurum or Cavour I from the flagship store in any way?

Quote Originally Posted by debussychopin View Post
    Got to get me a sample of that La Capitale. Sounds amazing... strawberry, caramel, peach, vanilla, amber, leather, saffron, benzoin....all done by xerjoff. I m sure itll be a hit.
    Congratulations the notes sound awesome. The sad fact with these fleeting scents the opportunity to purchase is limited. I must admit from the Boutique I generally have to blind buy as I feel I have very little time to sample first. So far so good though. Also, I watched a very compelling you tube review that sealed the deal for me.

Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    Thanks again for thinking of me. I bit the bullet this morning when they e-mailed me in the wee hours of the night telling me only a few bottles remained so I went ahead and purchased one. Does it remind you of Kemi Aurum or Cavour I from the flagship store in any way?
    Congratulations on your purchase!
    I don't remember Aurum but it does smell similar to Cavour I but softer and more complex.

Congratulations on your purchase!
    I don't remember Aurum but it does smell similar to Cavour I but softer and more complex.
    Thanks I have a good reference point now. Shipping is crazy fast from Xerjoff I expect it Tuesday or Wednesday from Italy.

Basenotes Junkie

Thanks I have a good reference point now. Shipping is crazy fast from Xerjoff I expect it Tuesday or Wednesday from Italy.
    Please write up an exhaustive review on this I am very interested.
    Parfum de Marly Oajan

Quote Originally Posted by debussychopin View Post
    Please write up an exhaustive review on this I am very interested.
    I just received it today. I will try to give a full wear tomorrow and report back.

Checking the website a moment ago the last one is noted of La Capitale. So it was pretty limited.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Checking the website a moment ago the last one is noted of La Capitale. So it was pretty limited.
    First in Fragrance also has this for purchase now which I believe is the same one: https://www.ausliebezumduft.de/xerjo...-capitale.html
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    First in Fragrance also has this for purchase now which I believe is the same one: https://www.ausliebezumduft.de/xerjo...-capitale.html
    Yes it is the same. I wondered when Essenza Nobile also had a page constructed for it that it could become a mainstay. Thanks for the info.

Wow! Xerjoff is puling out all the stops this year. I just received a e-mail Emery will be available until July 7th

The F&M Exclusive Edition is available for a limited time only!

" IT IS LIKE AN OASIS COMES TRUE.

Emery is a dreamy yet realistic rose scent with unbearably enchanting woody patch and captivating musky base "

* SHIPPING IS FREE *

Head note: Bulgarian Rose Essence, Absolute of Rose, Bergamot

Heart note: Pink Pepper, Jasmine, Geranium

Base note: White Musk, Vanilla Beans, Vetiver

I just received it today. I will try to give a full wear tomorrow and report back.

What’s your feedback on la capitals ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mraza203 View Post
    What’s your feedback on la capitals ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I really like it. I wore it again yesterday. My favorite part is the boozy dry down and it lasts. If you like a fruity scent it has a sparkling open which continues for a time with a leather vibe then moves into a amber vanilla bourbon dry down with periods of citrus weaving in a out(strawberry & Peach). Periodic wafts continued to put a big smile on my face. I bought this blind because I didn't know if it would continue to be available but now hearing other outlets have this gem you may not have to hurry to attain it even though they say it is in limited quantities. So I am not sure what to believe.
    But overall a very well done scent and in the short time enjoying it I believe could be one of their top scents that I have had a opportunity to experience.
    .Also, I am very glad it is in the 50ml bottle.

Wow! Xerjoff is puling out all the stops this year. I just received a e-mail Emery will be available until July 7th

The F&M Exclusive Edition is available for a limited time only!

" IT IS LIKE AN OASIS COMES TRUE.

Emery is a dreamy yet realistic rose scent with unbearably enchanting woody patch and captivating musky base "

* SHIPPING IS FREE *

Head note: Bulgarian Rose Essence, Absolute of Rose, Bergamot

Heart note: Pink Pepper, Jasmine, Geranium

Base note: White Musk, Vanilla Beans, Vetiver
    They should just make these exclusives available permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by delfa View Post
    They should just make these exclusives available permanently.
    That is what I think also. Emery I will have to make a command decision and pass on this one. They have been rolling out to many exclusives too fast. They should have reconsidered to stagger these a bit for customers to catch a breath as these aren't cheap. Especially, the 100ml bottles. So hopefully one day this will come back around on the boutique site or the next time I go to England I will be Fortnum and Mason bound.

That is what I think also. Emery I will have to make a command decision and pass on this one. They have been rolling out to many exclusives too fast. They should have reconsidered to stagger these a bit for customers to catch a breath as these aren't cheap. Especially, the 100ml bottles. So hopefully one day this will come back around on the boutique site or the next time I go to England I will be Fortnum and Mason bound.
    I think Jebel & Wabar were presented as exclusives, offered for a limited time on the website. Shortly after, they weren't exclusives anymore.
    Looks like La Capitale is headed that way. Hopefully they will do the same for all these other fragrances like Emery, Aubres....

Quote Originally Posted by delfa View Post
    I think Jebel & Wabar were presented as exclusives, offered for a limited time on the website. Shortly after, they weren't exclusives anymore.
    Looks like La Capitale is headed that way. Hopefully they will do the same for all these other fragrances like Emery, Aubres....
    Yes, only time will tell. Aubres seems to be my favorite for this years releases. Closely followed by Alexandria Oriential.