Code of Conduct
    Dependent

Default Versace L'Homme - just a pic of color differences over the years.

Hey everybody, thought this would be interesting to look at.

So these are my 3 L'Homme bottles, oldest on left, newest on right. If I'm not mistaken it goes: 1990, 1998, and then 2015.

For what it's worth, they all smell great! But check out that color difference, man! I thought my '98 vintage was a lot darker than my 2015, but then that '90 just has this deep amber-like color to it.

**Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!

Default Re: Versace L'Homme - just a pic of color differences over the years.

I remember wearing this one when Miami Vice was on TV. I always liked this one, love the photo.
    "There's No School Like The Old School."

My Current Favorites

1. Chanel Cuir de Russie Edp
    2. Chanel Coromandel Edp
    3. Eau de Guerlain
    4. Chypre Siam By Rogue Perfumery
    5. Rochas Moustache Edp

Great shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    A Greater Monster, The Kickstarter Letters & Death by Zamboni
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

> Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards
    > National Indie Excellence Book Award finalist
    > A Greater Monster named a "Top 10 Book of 2012" by Common Ills blog
    > Listed in "10 Hot Chicago Reads for Chilly Nights" on Refinery29.com
    Currently wearing: Cedrat Boise by Mancera

Nice! I only have the latest formulation which I really like. I'm not convinced that they are different enough to buy the vintage. Some have said they are different.

What are your thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ILikePeeps View Post

So these are my 3 L'Homme bottles, oldest on left, newest on right. If I'm not mistaken it goes: 1990, 1998, and then 2015.

For what it's worth, they all smell great! But check out that color difference, man! I thought my '98 vintage was a lot darker than my 2015, but then that '90 just has this deep amber-like color to it.

I've tasted middle and newer. Mine is pre-2011 but looks like the newest one, so it has tree/oak moss combo.

Also, do you really like Peeps? I dig the chocolate-covered ones.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    I remember wearing this one when Miami Vice was on TV. I always liked this one, love the photo.
    Thanks. One of the best frags I've tried and it's really inexpensive on grey market.

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozbliss View Post
    Great shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Thanks! Just a quick pic to try to show color difference. I'll probably take a better one to upload to my IG later on.

Quote Originally Posted by allkindsofwatches1 View Post
    Nice! I only have the latest formulation which I really like. I'm not convinced that they are different enough to buy the vintage. Some have said they are different.

What are your thoughts?

I haven't tried the vintage stuff that much as of yet, but the modern stuff is still really good and what I fell in love with. Try a sample somewhere if you can, otherwise if you find a vintage for pretty cheap, just go for it. I'm actually not sure if the newer stuff is stronger, or if the older stuff is and just kinda blew my nose out more, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    I've tasted middle and newer. Mine is pre-2011 but looks like the newest one, so it has tree/oak moss combo.

Also, do you really like Peeps? I dig the chocolate-covered ones.
    Haha, yes I do, they're alright. I made the name around Easter time years ago in a game and it's just stuck.
    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!

Yeah....I love the current. I may just pick up a 1oz vintage just to try it. Thanks.

Dependent

I've picked up a "current" (5 year old) tester of this frag, and am really impressed. Not sweet, not fresh, so doesn't fit into the template of modern frags. But it is a great, old-school scent, masculine, and exudes class as many have mentioned in reviews on both BN and Fragrantica. I think I've got a winner here.

I've only had the curent formulation and I've found it really great. Much better than what comes out of the house these days.
    Great picture, as everybody else says.
    Currently wearing: Habit Rouge by Guerlain

nice !!

" Wanted " empty bottle of Macassar
    Currently wearing: Zirh Ikon by Zirh

great photo,
    it is sad that this is not the case only with this cologne, you can do the same comparison with many other colognes from the 70s and 80s that are still in production.
    OMS by Bogart - 80s = dark amber, 90s = yellow, current = clear
    try spraying Lapidus PH on paper and compare the old vs current wet spot
    and many more...................
    and the main problem is not just the color
    1976 - Yatagan Caron
    1977 - Snuff by Schiaparelli
    1981 - Kouros YSL
    1988 - Fahrenheit Dior
    1980 - Patou Pour Homme
    1987 - Lapidus Pour Homme
    1981 - Quorum Antonio Puig
    1993 - Insense by Givenchy
    2014 - Dior Homme Parfum
    1987 - Ho Hang Club Balenciaga

My first L'Homme gift set sure came in a beautiful presentation!
    IMG_2543.jpg
    I noticed quite a difference between the bottle I purchased in 2010 and the one I had in the early 90's. There was more citrus in the recent version and some of the essences smelled notably more synthetic. I notice the vintage is warmer - seemingly with a sandalwood or some kind of smoother woodsy finish that seems to be gone in the current version. The longevity seems to be similar, though I think it takes the vintage a lot longer to dry-down into the basenotes - L'Homme comes out of the bottle quite loudly and is unforgiving if you over-spray.

Like just about any of the reformulated classics these days, I would suggest hunting out the oldest bottle you can find. The photos were very helpful and brought back some memories.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Thanks. One of the best frags I've tried and it's really inexpensive on grey market.

Thanks! Just a quick pic to try to show color difference. I'll probably take a better one to upload to my IG later on.

I haven't tried the vintage stuff that much as of yet, but the modern stuff is still really good and what I fell in love with. Try a sample somewhere if you can, otherwise if you find a vintage for pretty cheap, just go for it. I'm actually not sure if the newer stuff is stronger, or if the older stuff is and just kinda blew my nose out more, haha.

Haha, yes I do, they're alright. I made the name around Easter time years ago in a game and it's just stuck.
    Chocolate covered Peeps = Paradise.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil

These color differences come from sunlight, improper storage, age, or some combination of all three. Think of all the vintage bottles of Giorgio Beverly Hills for Men with juice that's deep whiskey brown in color, then look at this ad from 1986:
    Currently wearing: Deep Forest by Bogner