Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default How do you apply oud oil

Head fingers chest or toes...

What do you apply with.

Thanks.

Default Re: How do you apply oud oil

Hi there !
    It depend on how you consider wearing oud.

What oud means to you ? Is it a way to perfume yourself or is it an experience ?

Would you wear oud to share it with passers by or is that something you want to keep only for you ?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Faridoux View Post
    Hi there !

What oud means to you ? Is it a way to perfume yourself or is it an experience ?

Would you wear oud to share it with passers by or is that something you want to keep only for you ?
    It’s for me to enjoy during the workday. Nobody else really.

Smile Re: How do you apply oud oil

Then let a drop falls on your left forearm on the hair close enough to the wrist so you can smell it easily without looking like someone weird lol.

If you happen to want 2 different ouds, put 2nd on your right forearm

Quote Originally Posted by Faridoux View Post
    Hi there !

if you want it to be an experience and share it with others how would you apply ?

Basenotes Plus

No replies??? I was curious about this myself as I have never worn an attar. I would think maybe pulse points.
    OFFICIAL MEMBER OF CREED'S "FAN BOY" CLUB
    Currently wearing: Nobile by Gucci

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by My two scents View Post
    No replies??? I was curious about this myself as I have never worn an attar. I would think maybe pulse points.
    Which bit didn't get replies, if you don't mind me asking?
    I'd say give it a go. It is a fun, different way of applying perfumes. I tend to go for back of hand or wrist and sometimes swipe on chest or neck. I tend to wear for me over for the masses.
    However, I've been told that you can apply when you're still damp (not wet) out of a shower and treat it as a lotion. Couple of drops, rub onto damp skin. Creates an even, light layer of the attar so you're more enveloped, then smelling in specific places. I've tried this with Abdul Samad Al Qurashi Body Musk and that really did create a light, wafting cloud for a while.
    There's always the option of 'more is more', but attars are deceptive - you might think you've under-done it after minute #1 only to find that, without adding any more, it's bouncing off you at minute #20. There's a different warm-up time required for these types of fragrances.

Hope that helps a bit!

For attars I prefer both wrists and then sometimes transfer to sides of the neck. For oud oils ideally I lightly apply pure moringa oil on my preferred spot or spots about 15-20 minutes beforehand. The moringa oil acts like a moisturizer/barrier helping the oud oil stay at the surface of my skin and not be quickly absorbed. I prefer area of my upper middle finger as it is easily accessible and I won’t look out of place catching a whiff in public. Being a smaller area I don’t need a big swipe to enjoy it, so I can conserve my oil as well. Left hand wrist area in front of watch band underside would be next favored.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Benz3ne View Post
    Which bit didn't get replies, if you don't mind me asking?
    I'd say give it a go. It is a fun, different way of applying perfumes. I tend to go for back of hand or wrist and sometimes swipe on chest or neck. I tend to wear for me over for the masses.
    However, I've been told that you can apply when you're still damp (not wet) out of a shower and treat it as a lotion. Couple of drops, rub onto damp skin. Creates an even, light layer of the attar so you're more enveloped, then smelling in specific places. I've tried this with Abdul Samad Al Qurashi Body Musk and that really did create a light, wafting cloud for a while.
    There's always the option of 'more is more', but attars are deceptive - you might think you've under-done it after minute #1 only to find that, without adding any more, it's bouncing off you at minute #20. There's a different warm-up time required for these types of fragrances.

Hope that helps a bit!
    The OP asked how to apply if you wanted to share with others. I was just surprised that nobody had replied. Normally I always get an answer to my questions here. One of the many reasons I love the BN!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jazznpool View Post
    For attars I prefer both wrists and then sometimes transfer to sides of the neck. For oud oils ideally I lightly apply pure moringa oil on my preferred spot or spots about 15-20 minutes beforehand. The moringa oil acts like a moisturizer/barrier helping the oud oil stay at the surface of my skin and not be quickly absorbed. I prefer area of my upper middle finger as it is easily accessible and I won’t look out of place catching a whiff in public. Being a smaller area I don’t need a big swipe to enjoy it, so I can conserve my oil as well. Left hand wrist area in front of watch band underside would be next favored.
    That is a great idea on the middle finger. I like it. Kinda act like I am scratching my nose or mustache. I always apply my fragrance to my wrists and up under my shirt and or on my neck. I normally don't have to worry about others at work. I work out in a huge factory all by myself 90% of the time. I will have to look into moringa oil! I have never heard of it.
    OFFICIAL MEMBER OF CREED'S "FAN BOY" CLUB
    Currently wearing: Nobile by Gucci

Basenotes Plus

Thank you!

When itís only for my own pleasure, which is most of the time the case I apply on my forearms, the upper part that is not touching a table/desk while Iím doing stuff by a computer.
    When I go out, I apply it around ears and upper part of neck - front side, so that I can sniff it myself when I move too.

Some people apply lubricants/moistures before the oud oil, they say it prevents oud from being absorbed by skin and loosing the fragrance too quickly.

In excess.