Code of Conduct

Default Quick question about Passion for Men by Liz Taylor bottles.

I just bought a new (vintage) bottle of the 4 oz cologne, and I'm trying to figure out how much is in it. There is a glass part that the cap covers, and then under that is the "body" of the bottle. Did the liquid come up to the top of the body, or did it go into that "neck" part? If it did go into the neck, about how far? Thanks!

Default Re: Quick question about Passion for Men by Liz Taylor bottles.

Hi Bigsly, is the bottle completely impenetrable where light is concerned? I trust you will have tried shining a torch/flashlight through it in a darkened room. Or there's always the refrigeration method (showing condensation on the outer bottle) which everyone mentions in these threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbyman View Post
    Hi Bigsly, is the bottle completely impenetrable where light is concerned? I trust you will have tried shining a torch/flashlight through it in a darkened room. Or there's always the refrigeration method (showing condensation on the outer bottle) which everyone mentions in these threads.
    Yes, I held it up to the light and if it was only filled up to the top of the body, originally, then it would be around 90% full. If it was filled almost entirely, including that neck area, it would be more like 2/3 full, so it's a big difference.

I see...this image (and a few others like it when I did a Google image search) appear to show liquid up to around a third to halfway up the smaller upper section (the 'neck' part you refer to) above the main body of the bottle.

If you do the same and look for the images of bottles with their caps removed you'll see what I mean. Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Derbyman View Post
    I see...this image (and a few others like it when I did a Google image search) appear to show liquid up to around a third to halfway up the smaller upper section (the 'neck' part you refer to) above the main body of the bottle.

If you do the same and look for the images of bottles with their caps removed you'll see what I mean. Hope this helps!
    Yes, that's what it looks like. Thanks!