Code of Conduct

Default Best Weatherproof Dress/Work Shoes

I’m currently working with Rockport Eureka shoes they are the only comfortable shoes that work for me. Beyond comfortable and are the only shoes that work for my feet, problem is they are not waterproof. I’ve tried other waterproof Rockports but they don’t match the comfort of the Eureka’s. I have my eye on the Dunham Men's Windsor Waterproof Oxford’s, these seem perfect but would love an alternative if possible or opinions on them. Any recommendations would be appreciated hard to find comfortable dress shoes that are weather resistant.
    Currently wearing: Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

Default Re: Best Weatherproof Dress/Work Shoes

Budget?

Let's Dance

I think you might want to consider boots / dress boots, instead of dress shoes, as the former usually have better protection. You might want to consider some of the Blundstone boots and Dr. Martens boots - IMO they are good quality for the price and would work better than designer shoes in the same price bucket. I think the Dr. Martens have stiff leather and require breaking in, whereas the Blundstone ones are soft and sort of 'good to go' from the start. Whatever you get, avoid leather soles at all costs because your feet would get wet, and plus the salt (left on city sidewalks to melt the ice) is just terrible for leather soles. If you're looking to spend more, you might want to consider Crockett & Jones Snowdon, but that is considerably pricier. If you have leather boots with rubber or other soles, you can try waterproofing the leather with mink oil or beeswax, but not if these are pricy dress boots. IMO Blundstone / Martens would be good for a start.

I don't know if you have Jeffrey West in the States, but they are rock solid if a bit pricy. Although, many (though not all) of them might not be suitable for conservative office wear. I have two pairs, one black, one brown, and am counting on them lasting for years.

I do have to wonder, though, where you are and what you do such that weatherproof dress shoes are sought after.

Quote Originally Posted by Funwithfrags View Post
    I don't know if you have Jeffrey West in the States, but they are rock solid if a bit pricy. Although, many (though not all) of them might not be suitable for conservative office wear. I have two pairs, one black, one brown, and am counting on them lasting for years.

I do have to wonder, though, where you are and what you do such that weatherproof dress shoes are sought after.
    Wisconsin the USA, our winters are wet haha the other week got caught in our 12 foot storm lol. I think for now I will stick with the Rockport Eureka’s, I tried some water resistant models from Rockport ended up returning them. They did not provide the comfort level that I get with the Eureka’s, I will need to learn to care for leather outside of just whipping them down. How ever these are made, mind you not the best materials but comfort level is ridiculously good no pain at end of day ever. Appreciate all the recommendations I will look into them and weigh my options.
    Currently wearing: Terre d'Hermès by Hermès