Code of Conduct

Default Im getting really tired of FragranceNet's antics on eBay

Their used listings are a joke.
    This is the 3rd straight time I've been given out of stock refunds from them.
    How they manage the orders must be flawed.
    I have RSS feeds set up to jump on some great deals and I seem to get screwed every time.
    I buy, they relist, someone else buys and I get a refund.
    A refund that sits in paypal for 3 days to clear so I can put it back in my checking. Stupid.

It must be FILO model on these orders. First person to order ends up on the bottom of the order pile.
    Screw you fragrancenet, you get a double barreled middle finger from me based on how you do business on eBay.

Now, who ended up with my Jubilation XXV? Was there really ever a legit one listed?
    We'll never know.
    YouTube reviews with integrity: My "FragReviews" Channel
    Favorite House: Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    Fragrance Sales: eBay Store

Default Re: Im getting really tired of FragranceNet's antics on eBay

I’ve had the same problem with zabelbeauty, who also operates on amazon as e-beauty. Lies and price manipulations.

I forgot to mention their "3 items in 10 days" restriction.
    I asked to be taken off restriction and got this:

In response to your email, please note we do require sufficient order history from a buyer to add them to the exemption list.

Thank you,
    Customer Service
    These guys are garbage.

I sent this response:

New message to: fragrancenet
    Is this sufficient order history?
    Here are the item numbers I've purchased from you in the past.
    Also, if you want to look up my ID on your fragrancenet website its XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cazaubon View Post
    I’ve had the same problem with zabelbeauty, who also operates on amazon as e-beauty. Lies and price manipulations.
    Yup. zabelbeauty has also screwed up my orders---sorry, we don't actually have these items, may we send you this instead? No you may not. Okay, we'll refund you for the portion of your order that we don't have. Except, no refund ever comes and no partial order ever comes. It was a small order, but cue me contacting Ebay, and boom, they sent me what they had AND gave me a total refund.

Just a too much of a con job for me. A con, right up until I went to Ebay, when all was "Oh, forgive us. We'll make this abundantly right." I simply take my business elsewhere, because their "business model" falls outside my level of tolerance.
    A bull in a china shop doesn't take damage. She delivers it. It's The Great Shy Purge of 2019.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MegaMav View Post
    Their used listings are a joke.
    This is the 3rd straight time I've been given out of stock refunds from them.
    How they manage the orders must be flawed.
    I have RSS feeds set up to jump on some great deals and I seem to get screwed every time.
    I buy, they relist, someone else buys and I get a refund.
    A refund that sits in paypal for 3 days to clear so I can put it back in my checking. Stupid.

It must be FILO model on these orders. First person to order ends up on the bottom of the order pile.
    Screw you fragrancenet, you get a double barreled middle finger from me based on how you do business on eBay.

Now, who ended up with my Jubilation XXV? Was there really ever a legit one listed?
    We'll never know.
    I forgot to mention their "3 items in 10 days" restriction.
    I asked to be taken off restriction and got this:

These guys are garbage.

I sent this response:
    This is seriously gross. I don't know what FragranceNet was gonna charge you for that Juby, but I found a seller for $140 showing a 99% bottle (maybe 3 sprays) that I'm going to send you in a PM. Came up in my "more items like yours" tab because I just bought one for the same price from somebody else.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Currently wearing: Black Suede by Avon

More from them:

In response to your email, under your buyer ID megamav we are unable to locate a sufficient order history.

Thank you,
    Customer Service
    My reply:

Im glad I wasted my time digging up all of those item numbers for you to NOT acknowledge me as a loyal customer over the years.
    Maybe I dont have enough purchases recently because you keep cancelling them due to out of stock.
    I put in 3 orders on Tuesday under your self imposed "3 items in 10 days" rule.
    You refunded 2 due to out of stock and I still cant purchase anything more now for Christmas gifts due to the restriction.

This situation, including your rule and your lack of handle on your supply and listing habits is garbage, but it doesnt stink as much as your customer service.

Last chance from me, put me on the exemption list or I'm done with fragrancenet on eBay and on the web.

Hey, being nosey...what is the "3 items in 10 days" rule? I'm not sure what you mean and just curious...you can't add any limitations to your sales on ebay, how could they manage that?

FragranceNets has always been dynamite for me on their own site, but I've never trusted their listings on ebay though, as they often show stock photos of earlier versions of fragrances, but my sense is the actual item will not be that version...then, it would just be an annoying return.

Anyway, please clarify the "3 items in 10 days" if you can/can be bothered...

thanks!
    Currently wearing: Zino Davidoff by Davidoff

Quote Originally Posted by High Barnet View Post
    Anyway, please clarify the "3 items in 10 days" if you can/can be bothered...
    Sure, buy 3 items then get this for 10 days after:

Capture.jpg

They're garbage.

wow.
    That's nuts.
    I can't believe that eBay allows that, and I don't see the benefit to the seller...totally weird.
    Currently wearing: Zino Davidoff by Davidoff

Sure, buy 3 items then get this for 10 days after:

Capture.jpg

They're garbage.
    I am not 100% sure, but I think that may be something eBay is doing for one reason or another based on your account. You may want to speak to eBay to be sure it is Fragrancenet doing this and not eBay. My condolences for advising you to speak to eBay customer service---a miserable exercise in frustration at best.
    Fate gives all of us three teachers, three friends, three enemies, and three great loves in our lives. But these twelve are always disguised, and we never know which one is which until we've loved them, left them, or fought them.

Gregory David Roberts
    Currently wearing: Memoir Woman by Amouage

Some online vendors will ship you the wrong item, then hold your order hostage until you return the item to them.
    "That lover which is like fragrance
    Whose voice is as beautiful as Urdu.

She who hides in the flowers
    you can only find her from her fragrance."

"Chaiyya Chaiyya," from the film, "Dil Se."
    Currently wearing: Hypnôse by Lancôme

Quote Originally Posted by Oriane View Post
    I am not 100% sure, but I think that may be something eBay is doing for one reason or another based on your account. You may want to speak to eBay to be sure it is Fragrancenet doing this and not eBay. My condolences for advising you to speak to eBay customer service---a miserable exercise in frustration at best.
    Its this seller. It says it right in the error message and other members have had this problem.
    In the past, members have contacted fragrancenet on eBay and had their names put into exemption.
    Not the first time fragrancenet are assholes, but as a regular customer I'm not having it anymore.

I actually have great success with Fragnet on Ebay, much more so than I do with the website. Via the website I get very slow shipping, not so much shipping, but processing.. 4-5 days? Sometimes longer... come on Fragnet, tighten up!

Via Ebay, where I just recently purchased Jacomo de Jacomo, Obsession Summer, and Paco Rabanne, all through individual separate orders, I have had no OOS issues, and very fast shipping. Guess it just depends what you're ordering. Maybe you're ordering really really OLD stuff - that just isn't in the warehouse anymore?
    "God may exist, but science can explain the universe without the need for a creator." -Stephen Hawking

Basenotes Plus

Thank you Fragrancenet, for shipping me Estée Lauder's Beyond Paradise, which I'm sure was easily confused with the Biehl eo03 that I actually ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by Scent_of_the_fox View Post
    Thank you Fragrancenet, for shipping me Estée Lauder's Beyond Paradise, which I'm sure was easily confused with the Biehl eo03 that I actually ordered.
    Fate gives all of us three teachers, three friends, three enemies, and three great loves in our lives. But these twelve are always disguised, and we never know which one is which until we've loved them, left them, or fought them.

Gregory David Roberts
    Currently wearing: Memoir Woman by Amouage

Quote Originally Posted by Scent_of_the_fox View Post
    Heh, good luck dealing with their customer support..it's so worthless. I always pray they don't send me the wrong thing... cause odds are you're not getting the right one, they'll just insinuate that you're a liar and that there's no chance in hell they could possibly mess up. One time I ordered a ton of samples from them, and one of the Creed samples was just a card with nothing in it.. 5 bucks down the drain. It wasn't worth the stress of disputing it though.
    "God may exist, but science can explain the universe without the need for a creator." -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    I actually have great success with Fragnet on Ebay, much more so than I do with the website. Via the website I get very slow shipping, not so much shipping, but processing.. 4-5 days? Sometimes longer... come on Fragnet, tighten up!
    \
    Well, it takes time for that $100.00 free wine card to get printed and they have to verify that you really didn't want that People subscription...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Heh, good luck dealing with their customer support..it's so worthless. I always pray they don't send me the wrong thing... cause odds are you're not getting the right one, they'll just insinuate that you're a liar and that there's no chance in hell they could possibly mess up. One time I ordered a ton of samples from them, and one of the Creed samples was just a card with nothing in it.. 5 bucks down the drain. It wasn't worth the stress of disputing it though.
    And this is why I won't go near them with an actual credit card (I did try once and my anti-virus software went to DEFCON 1!)... Something goes wrong and I'll let PayPal drop the hammer! If that doesn't work and I'll go the CC that was the funding source and let them have a go!

You are probably lucky they didn't have it in stock. I was shipped two fake Dior Sauvage, received a female version of a Safari instead of the male version, and received two PDM Darley when one should have been a PDM Godolphin.