Code of Conduct

Default Frederic Malle 30ml travel sizes

Don't know if the community is aware but Frederic Malle have been offering 30ml travel sizes recently.

You may or may not know that they've been doing a very convenient 10ml size for travel, plus also a set of 3 x 10ml bottles which have both been good value for money. But I noticed they have a new 30ml size which comes in a black case.

They seem to be available from several retailers. Here's some blurb from a UK retailer called John Lewis:

Combining beauty, simplicity and convenience, the 30ml spray offers our signature uncompromising perfumes in a more widely attainable compact size whilst drawing aesthetic inspiration from 20th century conceptual art and modernist design.

In the spirit of Bauhaus, form follows function: a simple black cylinder in high shine polyethylene plastic with a matte anodised metal centre and magnetic cap. A most practical host for our iconic perfumes, both at home and on the go.
    Will try to upload a pic here soon.

Does anyone have one of these?

Default Re: Frederic Malle 30ml travel sizes

Someone else posted about these in another thread.

I don't have one, but I want one. I think the 30ml is a good size bottle if you don't want to go with the travel sizes. I like a lot of the fragrances in the line, but I wouldn't wear them enough to get through even a 50ml bottle very quickly, which is why I want the 30ml.

Last I checked, they weren't in stores yet in the US.
    Currently wearing: Himalaya by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    I like a lot of the fragrances in the line, but I wouldn't wear them enough to get through even a 50ml bottle very quickly, which is why I want the 30ml.
    Exactly. Especially when it comes to their more potent scents like MR.

what a coincedence . i just took out my 3x10ml 2014 musc ravageur and sprayed it a few minutes ago. i never seen the 30ml. its a good addition.
    Currently wearing: Lost Cherry by Tom Ford

Basenotes Plus

I ordered one from Barney's NYC last week and should be here anytime now, I think the price per ml is more expensive but 30 ml of Musc Ravejour will last me a lifetime and I don't really need to pay more for the 50 or 100 ml bottle. The price is around 120$ .
    Currently wearing: Red Ishq by Anfass

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas.com View Post
    I ordered one from Barney's NYC last week and should be here anytime now, I think the price per ml is more expensive but 30 ml of Musc Ravejour will last me a lifetime and I don't really need to pay more for the 50 or 100 ml bottle. The price is around 120$ .
    On average they’re £85 this side of the pond. Not bad value I suppose.

So post back and let us know how you rate it when you receive your order.

Forgot about this thread!

I managed to see one of these bottle recently and despite them holding only 30ml of juice, they are HUGE!!! Literally in my hand, one of these bottles really is enormous. I can't believe they call this a travel size. The 50ml bottles look tiny next to these and the 10ml travel sizes even smaller.

Barney's has them. I think it was a good idea to add these to the line. I think there will be a lot of demand for them. However, the 50ml bottles do not cost very much more, and since I do not like the design of the 30ml bottles, I would likely buy a 50ml over a 30ml. If I wanted to opt for a smaller size, I think I would still prefer the 10ml bottles.
    Fate gives all of us three teachers, three friends, three enemies, and three great loves in our lives. But these twelve are always disguised, and we never know which one is which until we've loved them, left them, or fought them.

Gregory David Roberts
    Currently wearing: Baiser Volé by Cartier

Quote Originally Posted by Oriane View Post
    Barney's has them. I think it was a good idea to add these to the line. I think there will be a lot of demand for them. However, the 50ml bottles do not cost very much more, and since I do not like the design of the 30ml bottles, I would likely buy a 50ml over a 30ml. If I wanted to opt for a smaller size, I think I would still prefer the 10ml bottles.
    My thoughts exactly. I have only 10ml sizes right now, but would easily go for 50ml bottles of my favourites when the right moment comes along.

Basenotes Institution Darjeeling's Avatar

Perfect. I could really go for
    30ml of Cologne Indelebile
    1. No, never blind buy (I do, but do as I say, not as I do. I'm taking no responsibility for your fragrance gambling).
    2. Get them both. You're a Basenoter and you know you're going to end up purchasing them both eventually.
    3. Yes, it has been reformulated.
    4. Looking for a signature scent? You've come to the wrong place.

Looks like a can of deodorant. Love having the option though, assuming reformulations are within tolerance levels.

Pretty cool looking and a nice option, especially for frag-heads with 2 litres of juice already in their collection. Good to know this is available

I found them so expensive that I preferred to buy a full bottle. Frederic Malle smaller sizes presentations are insanely pricey.
    Currently wearing: M7 by Yves Saint Laurent

Yea im all for 30 ml, but that price is a bit too close, rathwr just get the 50 ml

I actually ended up getting a 50ml of one of my faovurites that was reduced at 15% off by a well known department store here.

I like the 30ml bottles but I hope everyone emails them over at FM and complains about the loss of the rubberized caps of the 50 and 100ml bottles (this happened like 5 years ago).
    Currently wearing: Jolie by Cerchi nell'Acqua

Quote Originally Posted by Heawns View Post
    I like the 30ml bottles but I hope everyone emails them over at FM and complains about the loss of the rubberized caps of the 50 and 100ml bottles (this happened like 5 years ago).
    If they were like I think, these kind of caps become sticky with time. Just like what happens to the Obsession Night cap.

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    I actually ended up getting a 50ml of one of my faovurites that was reduced at 15% off by a well known department store here.

Now that’s a deal!

Bumping my own thread here...

I was speaking to a SA in a large store recently who told me the 10ml sizes are being completely phased out by Malle. The 30ml size is the new 'travel' size, even though they are the least travel-friendly design known to mankind.

Can anyone verify this info? Are 10ml sizes really on their way out, at least in Europe/UK?

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

The 10ml sizes are still available on the US Malle site. I would imagine that if they are being phased out in Europe, it will also happen here.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I was speaking to a SA in a large store recently who told me the 10ml sizes are being completely phased out by Malle. The 30ml size is the new 'travel' size, even though they are the least travel-friendly design known to mankind.

Can anyone verify this info? Are 10ml sizes really on their way out, at least in Europe/UK?
    I hope this is not true. There are a couple I would not mind adding to my collection, but I do not like them enough to purchase 50ml bottles given space limitations.
    Fate gives all of us three teachers, three friends, three enemies, and three great loves in our lives. But these twelve are always disguised, and we never know which one is which until we've loved them, left them, or fought them.

Gregory David Roberts
    Currently wearing: Baiser Volé by Cartier

Basenotes Plus

On average they’re £85 this side of the pond. Not bad value I suppose.

So post back and let us know how you rate it when you receive your order.
    Sorry, I forgot about this threat, I received my 30 ml of MR and I like it , i know that a larger size is cheaper but in all honesty i don't think I'll be able to finish the 30 ml in my lifetime, also here in Dallas Neiman Marcus has the 10 ml for around 60 dollars
    Currently wearing: Red Ishq by Anfass

Dependent
    Blog Entries

I own a couple. Love it. Sometimes you just don’t need a full bottle and don’t want to spend over $200.
    BP

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    If they were like I think, these kind of caps become sticky with time. Just like what happens to the Obsession Night cap.
    Actually upon inspection of my old bottle it's not rubber really, more like a matte finish plastic. But it sort of gives the impression of a thin layer of hard rubber. But it's possible mine has changed over the years and gotten harder to the touch, it's really quite hard, but a nice smooth feel. No sticky, and no fingerprints .
    Currently wearing: Jolie by Cerchi nell'Acqua

Highly unlikely they phase out the 10 ml option. In Russia F.Malle really pushing the sales of the travel cases - red, black, gold\black. With nice in store presentation and such...

I did start noticing some of them have limited supply at Neiman Marcus. For example, I bought the last Parfum de Therese in 10ml volume last sale.