Code of Conduct
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Default Re: The Bogart Joint: Officially Un-Official House of Jacques Bogart Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sellersburg View Post
    I own all of the One Man Show fragrances including the Emerald Edition I just got today in the mail. They are some of my favorite colognes ever. I also have Bogart Signature, but I wish it had a little more longevity.

I think my favorite so far is the Oud Edition, but really, they're all great. The biggest departure in my mind is the Emerald. Not only does it not quite have the power of the others, but it smells a lot like Gravity in the drydown. Gravity is another scent I happen to love so this is a welcome comparison. Bogart will always be a mainstay of cologne choices and I will probably get them all eventually. I really am not suited to popular fragrance counter scents. I wear them, but Bogart really gets me. I am the kind if guy they design for, not the kind of guy for who Dior was trying to impress with Sauvage.
    Hello. I am curious as to where you found the Emerald Edition? I don't see it anywhere online. Or did you get it in person, and if so may I ask which store?
    "Where there's gold, there's a gold digger" -Dashboard Confessional
    Currently wearing: Rochas Man by Rochas

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: The Bogart Joint: Officially Un-Official House of Jacques Bogart Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sellersburg View Post
    I own all of the One Man Show fragrances including the Emerald Edition
    Likewise. Glad you enjoy them all too.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    The only Bogart's I have found appealing from the many I've tried were One Mane Show, and pour Homme. actually have a bottle of pH on the way, it's pretty cheap right now (testers on ebay are $15 shipped).

One Man Show Emerald looks absolutely amazing, but still seems that nobody has a bottle. Has anyone tried this one in the US, and if so, where did you buy it?
    It takes a while but they usually make landfall in the US eventually. I got my OMS Oud from India four years ago for $32; maybe a year later it started showing up in the US; pricing is all over the map now, but you can find it for as little as $15 last I checked. I held off on Story Green because the reviews, as well as my experience with Red and Blue, did not support the extortionate prices from overseas sellers. FNet now have it cheap and I will possibly buy it on my next order unless I decide Club75 instead.

Force Majeure was an exception; I don't think I have ever seen a US seller, at least on eBay. I ordered mine from a seller in Israel.

My first Bogart was Citytower on the strength of a review by Darvant. I loved it and found Homme even enjoyable. I also like OMS Oud, Witness and Signature. The original OMS is my favorite now though.

Pour Homme shares a commonality with Vermiel pour Homme. The Bogart PH doesn't seem to have that hard edge that the Vermeil has though.

The Story collection and OMS Ruby and Gold are somewhere between meh and dislike. I'm 2-and-2 on OMS and flankers, which is why I will wait for Emerald for a price consistent with the others or just pass on it altogether. I don't think it's worth the risk to pay a premium to get it from overseas.

I also have Riviera Nights and Arabian Nights but have not yet explored them.

The original OMS is hypnotic to me. It's not unusual on a gray day when I know I am not going out to overapply the heck out of it.

Sadly, I kinda forgot about this thread existing until it popped up again. I didn't let my experience with Arabian Nights deter me from trying more from this house. I now have Club 75 in my stable as well. I have actually had this for a little bit now, but I've just been too lazy to write reviews. LOL!

In light of this thread being bumped to the first page again, I decided to give Club 75 a wear to work today. I had a long day, and I needed something that performs, and I knew this would do the trick. It's a bit past 8:00 pm and I just got home from work. I sprayed my usual 10 sprays of this at roughly 7:00 am this morning, and it's still going much stronger than you'd expect after 13 hours. I am not saying this is just a skin scent at this point either. The whole ride home from work, both my GF and I were getting VERY nice whiffs of this in the car. This fragrance PERFORMS!

As you're all aware, I an not really a "notes" guy, but this one is very nice, and a super pleasant scent. I would most definitely call it mass appealing. I do find this one a bit difficult to describe however. It's weird, because based on the opening, I didn't think it was going to a very bright fragrance (and in my past tests with it, I didn't think it was bright either), but I swear that once it started to hit the mids, it seemed to brighten up a bit, (and oddly) get a bit more potent. I chalk that up to my skin warming it up, and causing it to push some more. In the past, I hadn't really experienced that with this fragrance.

I wouldn't call this an overly sweet fragrance, but there is enough sweetness in the base, that it certainly could reside along side the "club" types of fragrances that the name may suggest. No, it's not Invictus, 1 Million, or Ultra Male levels of sweetness, but I find that to be one of its strengths. It doesn't lean "juvenile" at all IMO, and still has that same sort of appeal, if that makes sense.

Based on the price, performance, and wonderfully pleasant smell, I highly recommend this to anyone who is curious about this house. I really do feel that it would be a great place to start your Bogart collection. I know I'm definitely planning to pick up some more myself.

Thanks for reading.

Quote Originally Posted by ascotnot View Post
    It takes a while but they usually make landfall in the US eventually. I got my OMS Oud from India four years ago for $32; maybe a year later it started showing up in the US; pricing is all over the map now, but you can find it for as little as $15 last I checked. I held off on Story Green because the reviews, as well as my experience with Red and Blue, did not support the extortionate prices from overseas sellers. FNet now have it cheap and I will possibly buy it on my next order unless I decide Club75 instead.

Force Majeure was an exception; I don't think I have ever seen a US seller, at least on eBay. I ordered mine from a seller in Israel.

My first Bogart was Citytower on the strength of a review by Darvant. I loved it and found Homme even enjoyable. I also like OMS Oud, Witness and Signature. The original OMS is my favorite now though.

Pour Homme shares a commonality with Vermiel pour Homme. The Bogart PH doesn't seem to have that hard edge that the Vermeil has though.

The Story collection and OMS Ruby and Gold are somewhere between meh and dislike. I'm 2-and-2 on OMS and flankers, which is why I will wait for Emerald for a price consistent with the others or just pass on it altogether. I don't think it's worth the risk to pay a premium to get it from overseas.

I also have Riviera Nights and Arabian Nights but have not yet explored them.

The original OMS is hypnotic to me. It's not unusual on a gray day when I know I am not going out to overapply the heck out of it.
    I find many of their frags, especially the newer ones, project like monsters. I didn't like the first 2 Bogart Story's, I think it was Red and Blue, then Green and perhaps another came out later, so I didn't even bother.

I bought a sample of Club 75, and it reminds me of Paco Black XS but heavier on the amber. It's ok but kind of boring to me.

I see many here who live in the US who get OMS Emerald, but as you say, it's probably not in the US yet. It wouldn't make sense to get it from oversees and pay high shipping costs for a cheap frag.
    "Where there's gold, there's a gold digger" -Dashboard Confessional
    Currently wearing: Rochas Man by Rochas

Without taking into account the price, how do you say it's One Man Show Ruby Edition, good, or very good?

419N-GNOzoL.jpg
    Currently wearing: Jaïpur Homme by Boucheron

Quote Originally Posted by Emanuel76 View Post
    Without taking into account the price, how do you say it's One Man Show Ruby Edition, good, or very good?

419N-GNOzoL.jpg
    For me - good
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Thank you, Hednic!
    Currently wearing: Jaïpur Homme by Boucheron

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

I need to explore other entries. I sorta sloughed off of Bogart for a bit.
    oh look, I have a signature

Thank you, Hednic!
    You're welcome. If you have a chance to try it, or decide to buy it blind, please share your thoughts.

419N-GNOzoL.jpg
    I find it very good but it has to be to your taste as it is pretty unique and mysterious imo. On me it grew a lot and I love it now as it really stands out and almost no one will smell like this.
    Mind that it is pretty strong and present!
    My Top '11' :

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Azzaro: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Tom Ford: Ombré Leather
    - Guerlain: Héritage (vtg)
    - Mancera: Red Tobacco
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraîcheur)
    - Armani: Acqua di Gio Profumo
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Hermes: Terre d'Hermes
    - Amouage: Interlude

Just bought this as I did not own it yet and could not let go a 100ml for 11 euros. I always found it redundant as I already own a Krizia Uomo (vtg) bottle and indeed they are very similar. OMS has a smoother and less piney drydown though which I can really appreciate. This is my 13th Bogart fragrance
    My Top '11' :

Just got Bogart (1975) in the mail and wore it today, and I'm a bit disappointed. The last time I wore it was 15-20 years ago from another bottle long since gone, and what I remember from it and was hoping to get again was a very full stately lemon scent, half formal and half 70s funky, with perhaps the birch and dark spice supporting that. The new bottle is a very green scent, somewhere between Paco Rabanne (as someone mentioned on the review page) and Quorum, but not as bitter. Can't really smell much lemon at all, and in truth it seems a tad synthetic. It must've been reformulated, unless I got a bad bottle. I'll have to give it another shot to try it again. Though close to the skin, it does last. At least it was inexpensive!

Quote Originally Posted by Spicemeister View Post
    Just got Bogart (1975) in the mail and wore it today, and I'm a bit disappointed. The last time I wore it was 15-20 years ago from another bottle long since gone, and what I remember from it and was hoping to get again was a very full stately lemon scent, half formal and half 70s funky, with perhaps the birch and dark spice supporting that. The new bottle is a very green scent, somewhere between Paco Rabanne (as someone mentioned on the review page) and Quorum, but not as bitter. Can't really smell much lemon at all, and in truth it seems a tad synthetic. It must've been reformulated, unless I got a bad bottle. I'll have to give it another shot to try it again. Though close to the skin, it does last. At least it was inexpensive!
    The vintage of this stuff is full with oakmoss opposed to the newest versions...…..hell of a difference imo
    My Top '11' :

Quote Originally Posted by Slayerized View Post
    This is my 13th Bogart fragrance
    Get in!!
    Currently wearing: Worth pour Homme by Worth

I love OMS Oud Edition (once I get past the synthetic sweet opening)
    I learned to like Bogart (Signature) a little more everyday, and I'm slowly moving towards a love.
    I did my best with the original OMS, but can't go past the pink urinal cake feeling.

Has anyone tried Club 75 VIP?

Slayerized, thanks for your feedback on that one. And hello to the Netherlands!

After so many great and informative recommendations, considering to get One Man Show Ruby Edition even blind - given the very low prices for this one where I live - ideally all at once:

- for the purpose of reviewing this on BN,

- enjoying simply the sheer array of promising notes quite interestingly, fascinatingly announced,

- being a lifelong fan of (neo) powerhouses and thus fragrances that do strongly announce their presence managing to become AND also remain "heavy rotation" worn long term favorites

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    After so many great and informative recommendations, considering to get One Man Show Ruby Edition even blind - given the very low prices for this one where I live - ideally all at once:

- for the purpose of reviewing this on BN,

- enjoying simply the sheer array of promising notes quite interestingly, fascinatingly announced,

- being a lifelong fan of (neo) powerhouses and thus fragrances that do strongly announce their presence managing to become AND also remain "heavy rotation" worn long term favorites
    I'd say; ''go for it''!
    My Top '11' :

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Andy the frenchy View Post
    I love OMS Oud Edition (once I get past the synthetic sweet opening)
    I learned to like Bogart (Signature) a little more everyday, and I'm slowly moving towards a love.
    I did my best with the original OMS, but can't go past the pink urinal cake feeling.

Has anyone tried Club 75 VIP?
    If you hate that pink urinal cake feeling about OMS, you probably don't want to try vintage, as it's pretty much a castoreum bomb!!!

You might like Avon Premiere Luxe Oud if you like OMS Oud edition. It doesn't have the sweetness and adds a nice amber note to the mix.

I just ordered Story Green. Ended up being just over $10 with assorted promotions and discounts from FNet. PH, City Tower and OMS are all in my top ten along with some fragrances costing up to 20 times as much. Their nose for memorable scents is uncanny. OMS Gold, Story Red, Story Blue I can live without. Still deliberating on some of the others and can't persuade myself to pull the trigger on Club75.

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    If you hate that pink urinal cake feeling about OMS, you probably don't want to try vintage, as it's pretty much a castoreum bomb!!!

You might like Avon Premiere Luxe Oud if you like OMS Oud edition. It doesn't have the sweetness and adds a nice amber note to the mix.

Indeed I don't want to haha, I believe your words!

Thanks for the Avon suggestion, I take note of that.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Andy the frenchy View Post
    Indeed I don't want to haha, I believe your words!

Thanks for the Avon suggestion, I take note of that.
    You're welcome! OMS Oud is pretty synthetic in and of itself but is shockingly more convincing than many designer $100+ synth ouds I've smelled. Granted, nothing has the skank like the real stuff, but not everyone likes that anyway!