Code of Conduct

Default Kouros Tattoo Edition (2007)

Kouros Tattoo Edition (2007)

Does anyone know which year this was discontinued? Was it only around for a year or two?
    MY UK SPLITS (2018): NICHE / DESIGNER

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Kouros Tattoo Edition (2007)

Don't know the exact year it disappeared, but it wasn't out very long from what I can recall.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I think I had among many Kourosses (? ;-) it and remember it as an orangey, lighter, less furry Eau de Sport thing. If I'm right, they did 2 or 3 of these tattoo versions ...

Basenotes Plus

I own one and like it a lot. I think Roky hit the nail on the head. I like it enough to have wondered why nobody seemed to jump on board with it. Maybe it was the corny package and design on the bottle? IDK but what's inside is what I like.
    Currently wearing: Bogart by Jacques Bogart

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Don't know the exact year it disappeared, but it wasn't out very long from what I can recall.
    Thanks, Hednic. This is also how my memory of it goes..

Quote Originally Posted by Roky View Post
    I think I had among many Kourosses (? ;-) it and remember it as an orangey, lighter, less furry Eau de Sport thing. If I'm right, they did 2 or 3 of these tattoo versions ...
    Thanks. I think there was only one Tattoo, but I could be wrong. I think there were maybe 2 'versions' of it (EDT and Tonique maybe??). I'm not sure if there was any difference between them though. From one old thread I read, it appears the general consensus at the time was 'little or no difference'.

Quote Originally Posted by My two scents View Post
    I own one and like it a lot. I think Roky hit the nail on the head. I like it enough to have wondered why nobody seemed to jump on board with it. Maybe it was the corny package and design on the bottle? IDK but what's inside is what I like.
    Do you happen to remember which year you bought your bottle? I've got a new / sealed 100ml on its way. I'm pretty excited about trying it.

Basenotes Plus

I am not really sure exactly when I purchased my bottle but I would guess 2012-13. Bought it on Ebay. I get most of my stuff from Ebay. Hard to beat the value.

I am not really sure exactly when I purchased my bottle but I would guess 2012-13. Bought it on Ebay. I get most of my stuff from Ebay. Hard to beat the value.
    Great. Thanks for replying. How's the longevity for you?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by morrison74 View Post
    Great. Thanks for replying. How's the longevity for you?
    It has been so long since I have worn it I honestly can't give you an answer but I don't remember being disappointed in the longevity. I remember being surprised this wasn't very popular but no negative thoughts come to mind. I will did it out and wear it tomorrow give my current thoughts

It has been so long since I have worn it I honestly can't give you an answer but I don't remember being disappointed in the longevity. I remember being surprised this wasn't very popular but no negative thoughts come to mind. I will did it out and wear it tomorrow give my current thoughts
    That would be awesome- thanks! I'm getting about 3 hrs of decent projection, then it sits closer to the skin for another 3 or 4. Just about enough to get through a workday. I'm not sure if this is it, or if my bottle will 'open up' a little the more I use it. I've worn it 3 times so far and each time it seemed to perform a little better. It was a sealed box in mint condition and came with the 2 tattoos etc. Fantastic fragrance by the way!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by morrison74 View Post
    That would be awesome- thanks! I'm getting about 3 hrs of decent projection, then it sits closer to the skin for another 3 or 4. Just about enough to get through a workday. I'm not sure if this is it, or if my bottle will 'open up' a little the more I use it. I've worn it 3 times so far and each time it seemed to perform a little better. It was a sealed box in mint condition and came with the 2 tattoos etc. Fantastic fragrance by the way!
    Yep I get about the same. It is pretty dry air here at work as I work in a factory. Probably about 5 hours then a skin scent for me at best today. For some reason I threw my box away but the tattoos are still taped to the back of the bottle lol

It is a beautiful scent BTW I agree. I kept smelling my arm thinking...I really like this! No doubt!

Yep I get about the same. It is pretty dry air here at work as I work in a factory. Probably about 5 hours then a skin scent for me at best today. For some reason I threw my box away but the tattoos are still taped to the back of the bottle lol

It is a beautiful scent BTW I agree. I kept smelling my arm thinking...I really like this! No doubt!
    That's good to know. Thank you so much for digging it out and giving it a wear! BNers are so awesome!

Basenotes Plus

Yes this is a great place to explore the thousands of fragrances and meet great people like yourself!