Code of Conduct

Default Les Jeux Sont Faits by Jovoy Paris - Smells Like An Underground Gambling Den?

Greetings,

I am curious about this cologne and looking for more recent feedback:

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26136774.html

Apparently it is supposed to smell like an underground gambling den or that's the vibe they are going for anyway - cigars, leather couches, whiskey and rum - dark, dry and intense. A YouTube reviewer who loves it, said it that it is the perfect cologne for a well dressed gangster and he meant that in a good way as he thinks that Jovoy was kind of going for that with this cologne.

Would that be accurate?

Thanks!

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Les Jeux Sont Faits by Jovoy Paris - Smells Like An Underground Gambling Den?

It's a very nice woody aromatic with a sweetness that doesn't overpower and just the right booziness.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: Les Jeux Sont Faits by Jovoy Paris - Smells Like An Underground Gambling Den?

My interest is piqued.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    It's a very nice woody aromatic with a sweetness that doesn't overpower and just the right booziness.
    Is the gangster/underground gambling den vibe accurate though? Apparently this is supposed to be intense/harsh and for the "dangerous man" and not some kind of Tom Ford everyman bullshit.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Man View Post
    Is the gangster/underground gambling den vibe accurate though?
    Personally don't get that image.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Personally don't get that image.
    Me neither.

I was excited to try the fragrance but didn't like it after using it for some time. And I'm telling you this as a fan of boozy and smokey fragrances. I find Les Jeux Sont Faits very unimaginative. Didn't evoke any feelings. Not a single pleasant note to cling onto. Couldn't detect much booziness either. Very bland.
    It is very niche like smelling but not in a wearable way.

One of the reviewers compared it to Journey Man. I didn't get any kind of association with Journey. Journey Man is very pleasant and easy to wear. Journey almost smells like a designer, but Les Jeux Sont Faits - no way.

Boring fragrance.
    I get a lot of pungent angelica and thick, smoky labdanum with sticky fruits, mostly dried apricots.
    YouTube reviews with integrity: My "FragReviews" Channel
    Favorite House: Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    Fragrance Sales: eBay Store

Well that's unfortunate. Even if one doesn't like it, I wasn't expecting bland or boring to be the response here given what the vibe the cologne is going for.

I was so excited when I came across this review by accident - never heard of this cologne before, but was loving what he was saying about it.

Somehow, well dressed gangsters and I'm thinking pino silvestre...

Jokes aside, I smelled this only once, so I need to reexamine. But as others were saying, it's a nice aromatic woody and ambery thing. Nice but really doesn't quite conjuire images of danger or crime.

cacio