Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Re: Poseidon Elixer 11z

Quote Originally Posted by Bigserver1 View Post
    No. Anyone can like anything they like and not be a shill. However...Claiming they are 95-99% accurate, with better performance, are amazing, the best things ever, incredible, etc. Is being a shill. What's worse is promotion on YouTube channels that isn't accurately stated. "Dua sent me these fragrances but my opinion will be totally impartial". Then it's waxing poetic about Masham and dinners and how amazing they are and how they smell just like the originals and last longer and are incredible. You know what's funny though? They almost ALWAYS split out and/or give away the bottles from Dua. If PE 13ZZ was better than Aventus, wouldn't they keep it and want to wear it? Never happens though. No reviewer ever lists Dua on their top 10 lists, or talks about their fragrances unless it's a specific video about Dua. If they truly are so great, and so affordable, wouldn't they make a ton of top lists from YouTube or other online reviewers? I wonder why they never do make those lists...

Again, people can like what they like. I'm sure Dua makes some nice fragrances. But every house has misses, and things that smell bad, even $500 per bottle houses make duds, but Dua apparently never misses. Just a house full of 5 star, perfect fragrances. Forgive the skepticism around that idea, and that isn't even taking into consideration their marketing tactics, corporate behavior, and questionable perfumery background.
    check out gentscents on youtube
    there are still some honest people out there
    he hated 13zz but LOVED their baccarat rouge clone

you can love some of their works without being a shill or marketeer

- - - Updated - - -

I never tried any of their works btw

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Thankmelater View Post
    check out gentscents on youtube
    there are still some honest people out there
    he hated 13zz but LOVED their baccarat rouge clone

you can love some of their works without being a shill or marketeer

- - - Updated - - -

I never tried any of their works btw
    I saw his review on both, and I generally really like Ashton. I think he's very fair, and he also purchased directly from Dua, they weren't sent to him gratis. The guys I have an issue with are Redolessence and MyMickers, two people with decently large followings that are literal shills for that company.

In reality I think the example you gave is a good one. I am sure they're capable of making some pretty good stuff, but the assertion that everything they make is gold is not only ridiculous, but a narrative that their company is trying to push all over the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigserver1 View Post
    I saw his review on both, and I generally really like Ashton. I think he's very fair, and he also purchased directly from Dua, they weren't sent to him gratis. The guys I have an issue with are Redolessence and MyMickers, two people with decently large followings that are literal shills for that company.

In reality I think the example you gave is a good one. I am sure they're capable of making some pretty good stuff, but the assertion that everything they make is gold is not only ridiculous, but a narrative that their company is trying to push all over the internet.
    The power of attention though, you have the freedom to have the power to give it your attention or to ignore it.
    Edit what I'm saying is, if you don't like how people are 'shilling' DUA you don't have to talk about it, worry about it, or debate about it. People do it with Jeremy Fragrance, like he can do no wrong..You don't see it bothering me.

My 11z will be here Monday. So ready to see what it smells like.
    Last edited by lleblanc1986; 15th December 2018 at 01:41 PM.

PE11Z01 is enjoyable. Very bright opening and drydown has the Aventus scent. With that being said, maybe listing it as their take on Aventus would be better - like how Parfums Vintage does.
    Dua's versions of Tom Ford Lost Cherry (popped cherry) & Initio Psychedelic Love (Aphrodisiac) are awesome.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Is there any smoke in it? Even slightly?

*Update on 13zz . ok Now that I'm really smelling this, I do get kind of a funky undertone that people were talking about here. It is prominent. Wasn't there in the beginning, it must have matured into this.
    Not a deal breaker, but I believe this is what DUA was trying to use as the smoke..But why not just add a tint of birtch tar and oak moss? It would have been perfect then.

Quote Originally Posted by lleblanc1986 View Post
    Is there any smoke in it? Even slightly?

*Update on 13zz . ok Now that I'm really smelling this, I do get kind of a funky undertone that people were talking about here. It is prominent. Wasn't there in the beginning, it must have matured into this.
    Not a deal breaker, but I believe this is what DUA was trying to use as the smoke..But why not just add a tint of birtch tar and oak moss? It would have been perfect then.
    It has a birch kick after 30 minutes but not nearly as much as PE13ZZ- I like the brighter batches of Aventus, so I like the 11Z version much more - wasn't a fan of 13ZZ

Quote Originally Posted by shamrock 505 View Post
    It has a birch kick after 30 minutes but not nearly as much as PE13ZZ- I like the brighter batches of Aventus, so I like the 11Z version much more - wasn't a fan of 13ZZ

Yeah, looks like I'm gonna be selling mine. I'm not interested in most of the newer batches, 11Z01 was a pretty even mixture (from what people say), 15Y11 was amazing, 13Z01 amazinger. (My own experience)

Elixir 13zz has some kind of smoke but now that I really am taking the time, it does have a sort of funky, sweaty smell that is supposed to be smoke I guess, it does Kind of smell like smke, but after smelling 13Z01, there is really no comparison whatsoever. 13Z01 uses real birchtar and Oakmoss,to give it that smokey, roasted smell that is Even, 100% going on With the pineapple/fruit simultaneously.
    Call me fickle but the description of this scent does not match what you guys are describing. (Well it's a lot of hype of course but still.)
    I'll post description here...

Poseidon's Elixir 11Z can be distinguished by its unquestionably masculine birch opening. A veil of smoke is sweetened by the ripe pineapple that has become the identity of the fragrance. Patience delivers a subtle yet addictive vanilla in the base that curates the favorable reception that so often accompanies the blend. Fans of Aventus can once again partake in the splendor that is the 2011 Z01 batch through our meticulously pieced together resurrection. Prepare yourself for nostalgia and compliments.

^^^^

And you guys are explaining that there is no birtch opening...a Possibly light to no smoke. I guess when Monday comes around i'll give it 1-2 spray just to see.

I liken clones to bad to horrible mixes or covers of great songs. Like Dua's take on epic batches of Aventus would be like Kesha's cover of Dylan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNCEV7ZSNFo
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Ok just got my 11Z in..

Very very sharp bright opening, almost like lemons
    It smells very lemony so far.
    It smell like a bag of cut lemons so far.

Will update. I left a truthful review on their website, we'll see if it sticks.

Ok just got my 11Z in..

Very very sharp bright opening, almost like lemons
    It smells very lemony so far.
    It smell like a bag of cut lemons so far.

Will update. I left a truthful review on their website, we'll see if it sticks.
    Yeah ... looks like that's already gone.

Yeah it was 2 stars

Quote Originally Posted by naylor View Post
    Yeah ... looks like that's already gone.
    Wow this confirms that Dua really is a crummy clone house. I'll never give them my money.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hellbentforleather View Post
    Wow this confirms that Dua really is a crummy clone house. I'll never give them my money.
    that needed to be confirmed? lol

lmao

It's become a skin scent since writing my review above. Slight sandalwood smell, mixed with lemon, hardly detectable. Their 13Zz was A LOT closer to Aventus than this. I'll add some of my own birch tar and or some Cade to add the Real smoke effect to 13z since the Opening smells almost exactly like Aventus. (A slight weird smell next to it, but hopefully the smoke overpowers that).

I'm pissed, don't recall Aventus having lemon as a dominant note in it.

Banned

I'm pissed, don't recall Aventus having lemon as a dominant note in it.
    If you want Aventus ... buy Aventus.

Why is this so hard for people?

Quote Originally Posted by Nostri View Post

A lot of people who bought this likely have aventus and wanted to have a easy way to get something similar to 11zz

Why is it so hard to understand they don't make smokey, more masculine batches anymore? And that they're not just, readily available?

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by polipluff View Post
    A lot of people who bought this likely have aventus and wanted to have a easy way to get something similar to 11zz
    But it's not even close! That's the issue. NOTHING can smell like a famous batch of one of the most popular high end men's fragrances of all time for $50/oz. This is the issue with Dua. Not only that, as you'll see above, they deleted the review from someone here who gave it 2 stars. There is zero transparency with these guys, it's all risk on the purchasers end, with refunds, no samples, etc. The epitome of shady business practices.

I will have to agree here. But as far as it not smelling like 11Z01, it's just I (or We) would like a high end frag, like 13Z01 or 11Z01 or hell, even something similar to 13Z01..I mean I would be more than willing to pay $100-$150 for a 30ml of a High quality ingredient, recreation of these balanced smokey batches. It's not a daily wear anyway.. So I don't need a bigger bottle than that.

I guess you DO get what you pay for. $65 for a 30ml of 11Z01 clone? Too cheap to be true

Banned

Why is it so hard to understand they don't make smokey, more masculine batches anymore? And that they're not just, readily available?
    Who said that was hard to understand? I get it. You get it. That ship has sailed.

So you missed the boat, cest la vie.

Who said that was hard to understand? I get it. You get it. That ship has sailed.

So you missed the boat, cest la vie.
    Aw so sweet. Merry Christmas to you too bleepy de bleepy de bleep

I got this in the mail today: https://i.ibb.co/M7pgr3P/duaaaaaa.jpg
    first of all, this is the only dua fragrance i own and im not a dua shill or marketeer lol. yall can look through my posts
    also I never had the privilege to try the earlier batches of aventus, so I cant compare it to those

First 10/15 minutes open up really bright with a lot of bergamote on top.
    Once the topnotes disappear, it starts to become quite dark version of Aventus imo.
    I get a lot of beautiful musk, apple, a tiny bit of pineapple and some woodiness. Maybe a little smoke in the background aswell.
    This honestly might be better than my 2 decants of 2017 Aventus and the Pineapple Vintage samples I own.

Not sure about the performance yet, since I havent givin it a full wearing.

they did an amazing job on this in my opinion.

Banned

this is the only dua fragrance i own and im not a dua shill or marketeer lol.
    Exactly what DUA shill would say! Grab your pitchforks, boys!

Dependent

Shill spotted...

Two minutes later...

“To defeat an enemy you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, art.”
    Grand Admiral Thrawn

Exactly what DUA shill would say! Grab your pitchforks, boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Norstrøm View Post
    Shill spotted...

Two minutes later...

lmao yall some fools

Dependent

lmao yall some fools
    I'm not calling you a shill, I just like gifs

Last edited by Norstrøm; 21st December 2018 at 04:14 PM.
    “To defeat an enemy you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, art.”
    Grand Admiral Thrawn

I got this in the mail today: https://i.ibb.co/M7pgr3P/duaaaaaa.jpg
    first of all, this is the only dua fragrance i own and im not a dua shill or marketeer lol. yall can look through my posts
    also I never had the privilege to try the earlier batches of aventus, so I cant compare it to those

First 10/15 minutes open up really bright with a lot of bergamote on top.
    Once the topnotes disappear, it starts to become quite dark version of Aventus imo.
    I get a lot of beautiful musk, apple, a tiny bit of pineapple and some woodiness. Maybe a little smoke in the background aswell.
    This honestly might be better than my 2 decants of 2017 Aventus and the Pineapple Vintage samples I own.

Not sure about the performance yet, since I havent givin it a full wearing.

they did an amazing job on this in my opinion.
    I got None of that. Lemons galore and very faint Bergamont through the whole duration. Maybe it needs to mature, but I already sold it off though. Definitely doesn't have any smoke or woodiness in it

I've had my 11z since last Friday now. Worn it a couple of times to get a better picture and idea of how it actually performs. The first 30-60 seconds I get a blast of bergamot with the pineapple just in the back ground. After a minute, the bergamot dies down and the pineapple becomes prominent for around 5 minutes until I get a smoky/birch vibe creeping in. 30 minutes in, there is a decent balance of pineapple and that smoky/wood from Aventus. I applied 6 sprays this morning at 08:30 with projection lasting around 2 hours. Longevity, I'm still getting whaffs of it now at 18:45 so it's been pretty decent so far. Should you buy it? Well if you're like me who just generally likes the smell of Aventus then yeah why not. I paid £48 including shipping. If you're an Aventus fanatic and know your batches well then thus may not be for you. Overall id give it an 8/10

ive had it over a week and dont like it at all.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast