Code of Conduct
Just Starting Out Sponsor

Default Knize 10 - 20 y.o.?

Hello,

Im just starting, Im 20 y.o., i wear a lot of tradtional clothes like blazers, pocket squares and I really love traditional leather fragrances. I was thinking that I would buy Knize 10 but dont know if its suitable to my age. I can get 15 ml decant but still dont want to smell terribly to people. So what do you think, should I risk it?

Is there also any possibility to layer it with some cheap fragrance which would soften or enhance it if it will be too much for me?

Im living in Czech Republic, so not all fragrances are disponible to me.

Thank you all for you kind proposals.

Default Re: Knize 10 - 20 y.o.?

Welcome to Basenotes

I would suggest getting a 15ml decant if there is no chance for you to smell it anywhere locally. This will give you a really good experience of Knize 10.

I personally enjoy it, and have it as a regular feature in my mostly leather fragrance collection however it definately isnt to everyones liking.
    Currently wearing: Tango by Masque

Welcome!

This fragrance is indeed very good and if testing possibilities are available at an affordable price or even larger sized samples of it, would not recommend making the same mistake I did regarding this particular fragrance-too influenced by public opinion, conventional wisdom, even the Knize flagship store in Vienna (though not by BN)- to consider being too young to own and use it in the early twenties.
    Instead only got it in the mid to late twenties and never regretted the decisions of more or less regularly using it ever since,
    Currently wearing: 1881 pour Homme by Cerruti

It all depends, of course, if YOU like it. If you do, it would be awesome on a 20 year old! You will likely not smell like any of your peers so it can be uniquely your own. If you can get it, you might also want to consider the Golden Edition--all of the gravitas and suave charm of the original but with a slightly more modern vibe to it.
    Beer? The kids' new gear?
    Currently wearing: Bois du Portugal by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Oviatt View Post
    If you can get it, you might also want to consider the Golden Edition--all of the gravitas and suave charm of the original but with a slightly more modern vibe to it.
    My thought exactly. If possible, sample the Golden Edition as well, or even maybe first.

Thank you all for you opinions. Well, I can buy them, 17 USD for 15 mls. Im afraid that only place I could sample is Knize boutique which is also in our country but Im not sure if they offer it.

Btw. do you know anything abour reformulation? Someone said that from 2015 it isnt the same. http://www.basenotes.net/threads/398...en-still-great

Welcome!

As others said, Knize Ten is perfectly suitable for a 20 year old. Tom Ford has had a lot of success in the demographic group with a number of leather perfumes (from Tuscan leather onward). Knize Ten is a much better leather, more elegant. So no fear.

As with all perfumes, one need not like it-so a sample is always advised. $17 for 15 ml seems like a good price.

cacio

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by RadaO View Post
    So what do you think, should I risk it?
    Go for it!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.