Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Does anyone here like fruit notes?

Does anyone here like fruit notes?

Not a fragrance that smells like fruit or is all fruity, but has a distinctive fruit note in it as just one part of its overall composition.

I like pear, plum, and cherry (the last one as long as it's not overdone).

Default Re: Does anyone here like fruit notes?

I like my fruit notes (if any) to be very subdued.

Perhaps not my favorite notes, but I do enjoy some fruit here and there. Especially if it's balanced by something dark.

Cherry and plum appear often in leather perfumes (Knize Ten back then, now Tuscan Leather and the like). I am probably the only person around who smells pear in Chanel Jersey.

cacio

Of course Aventus comes to mind as being the fad right now, with notes of apple and pineapple. (pineapple definitely not my thing)

The peach note in the opening of 1969 Parfum de Révolte by Histoires de Parfum comes to mind. And the plum note in Amouage's Dia Man.
    Currently wearing: Icon Intense by Police

The plum note in Boxeuses is nice, as is the apricot in Sarrasins and Daim Blond. Serge Lutens does dried and stewed fruit very well.

As for freshies, a guilty pleasure of mine is Bvlgari Omnia Paraiba. It smells like a passionfruit cocktail on a base of clean musk.

Fragrances that contain cognac notes or megastigmadienones and related compounds (often used for recreating osmanthus, for example) can have exquisite apricot undertones. Like dried apricots (unsulphured) but still as bright as fresh ripe apricots right off the tree.

I'm not saying I like apricot in a fragrance, but the aspect of this particular note I like.

Yes, of course.
    Basenotes sales: Tiffany for Men Concen, de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626
    Currently wearing: Rocabar by Hermès

If not overly sweet, overly acrid, dusty etc. and in the right combination, yes
    Currently wearing: 1881 pour Homme by Cerruti

Quote Originally Posted by parker25mv View Post
    Of course Aventus comes to mind as being the fad right now, with notes of apple and pineapple. (pineapple definitely not my thing)
    Plenty more fragrances with fruit: Chanel Egoiste and YSL M7 (OA) come to mind right away.

Yes as long as they are well-supported and natural-smelling. HdP 1969 has been my reigning fruity fragrance champ.

Essex - But born & bred in good old East London

Quote Originally Posted by MELVCMS01 View Post
    I like my fruit notes (if any) to be very subdued.
    I'm with you. I like them but not overbearing. Aventus & Cedrat Boise is just fine.
    My All Time Favorites
    Vintage Fahrenheit - Dior
    Terre D'Hermes - Hermes
    Jubilation XXV - Amouage
    Patchouli Nobile - Nobile 1942
    Musc Ravageur - Frederic Malle
    L'Air Du Desert Marocain - Tauer
    Tobacco Vanille - Tom Ford
    Aventus - Creed/Club De Nuit Intense - Armaf
    Bois Du Portugal - Creed
    Green Irish Tweed - Creed
    Royal Mayfair - Creed
    Royal Oud - Creed
    Silver Mountain Water - Creed

I like darker fruit notes like plum, red, and dried fruits.

Dia Man has well-integrated plum and bigarade notes
    Malle's POAL has a distinct raspberry note meshes with the rose and patchouli
    Jubilation XXV uses dried fruits and resins
    Nombre Noire has a wine-like rose and osmanthus
    Egoiste has an ume / plum note that works well with the woody accord.

Creed also use a lot of fruit, they're mainly fresher, lighter fruit notes - coconut, melon, and pear.

Blog Entries

ln general, l dislike berry fruits, dried fruits & pear in perfumes.

l do like citrus, fig & the apricot-like note of osmanthus.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

rabid aroma explorer

I enjoy fruit notes as part of a whole.

I also enjoy the overly fruit-laden, feminine scents on occasion, like in the summer months.

Either way, too much Peach really turns my stomach.
    "Anything is an art if you do it at the level of an art" ~~ Richard Avedon

Yes I like the majority of fruit notes, particularly raspberry and fig.

I usually find them a touch 'feminine'

There is one unisex and brilliant peach note in the Keiko Mercheri fragrance (it has Peche in the name) -- it's really 'zingy' and lasts all day

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by parker25mv View Post
    Does anyone here like fruit notes?
    Love them.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Sure. Compliments some of my favorite frags. To name some:
    Plum in winter, ex. Plum Japonais
    Apple, pineapple, and citruses.
    Raspberry in Tusc Leather
    Blackberry in Jub 25
    Blueberry in Bleecker st.
    Black Currant berry and buds are a personal like.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    I usually find them a touch 'feminine'

There is one unisex and brilliant peach note in the Keiko Mercheri fragrance (it has Peche in the name) -- it's really 'zingy' and lasts all day
    Peau de Peche? Never had the chance to try it, but if you like peach, Peche Cardinal by MDCI is quite good, too.

User of Toilet Water

I absolutely love fig. Rhubarb too, if that counts as a fruit note. Any fruit note is okay with me as long as it doesn't smell like a fruity, girly shampoo..
    Currently wearing: Jubilation XXV by Amouage

Quote Originally Posted by Nastka View Post
    Peau de Peche?
    Correct -- it's a beauty. thx

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hound View Post
    I absolutely love fig. Rhubarb too, if that counts as a fruit note. Any fruit note is okay with me as long as it doesn't smell like a fruity, girly shampoo..
    Fig is a favorite and is absolutely under utilized in the frag community right now. My other favorite is a cherry worked into a masculine scent.
    Currently wearing: Jubilation XXV by Amouage

Love 'em!

I like the dried fruit accord in Divine L'Homme Sage

The raspberry note in Tuscan Leather, Russian Tea, and Jacques Fath Pour L'Homme.

Givenchy Play Intense has a well-placed mandarin in the opening before the tonka and coffee kick in.

Frank No. 2 Los Angeles has a great plum accord that complements the rum and fir balsam.

Aventus' pineapple, Spice & Wood's apple, and Silver Mountain Water's black currant are all the highlight of these excellent Creeds.

And I'm sure there are many more if I thought about it. I think out of all the fruits, a well-placed apple accord is the one I appreciate the most.

Yep. Love them.

Those candied fruits from Serge Lutens Arabie - my dream perfume.

TM Angel, VCAA First, Lacoste PH, Lolita Lempicka, Eau d'Orange Verte, Ninfeo Mio, Rochas Man, TF Noir women, Diorella, Hypnotic Poison, Egoiste, Al Haramain Makkah, Samsara, Obsession, Guerlain Homme Intense.
    Currently wearing: Jaïpur Homme by Boucheron

Freed from BN Institution

Generally I consider fruit notes favorable. But there are cases of where I wouldn't enjoy it.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/446...d-Fridays-2018

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Quote Originally Posted by mixerscent View Post
    Malle's POAL has a distinct raspberry note meshes with the rose and patchouli
    Don't get me wrong, I love raspberries, but raspberry notes can easily be overdone. I don't think it's appropriate for a fragrance to have more than a hint of raspberry, especially when it comes to male fragrances. It's just too sweet and berry-like and edible (maybe zingy is the word). But very minor raspberry notes can play supporting roles to other notes, particularly apple and rose.
    I've smelled a number of fragrances (mostly women's) where the raspberry note ruined the composition.

If used right it can add something special to a scent. I always liked the peach note in Allure Homme.

Sure. 1969 HdP has a lot of peach (and I have no idea what other fruity notes there is) in it I like that, although it is slightly too much of a good thing overall (not the fruit necessarily) with rose, coffee, etc. "Cartoon candy" is my summation of 1969.

Currently wearing Flash Back by Olfactive Studio (latest purchase) which has a really nice grapefruit+rhubarb+apple with a vetiver/amber background - the initial 45 minutes are perhaps my favorite of any perfume. B*Men also has a nice rhubarb opening. However I can't say I like Comme des garcons rhubarb, it's a bit flat and makes me sneeze.
    (I did google if rhubarb was a fruit, it isn't, it's a veggie, but it basically has fruity aromas so for convenience I think it can go there.)

There are some fruit and floral combinations I do not enjoy because they sit too much in the feminine category, probably things like raspberry and strawberry with certain particular florals (I'm not sure which). Portrait of a Lady is one example that I get a raspberry note together with the floral, which makes me not so keen on it, although I did use to wear it a lot I just started getting annoyed by the raspberry more and more. I might revisit POA, it was years ago I sold the bottle.

Also got a sample of Close Up by Olfactive studio, features a nice dark cherry note, and it seems very unisex.

Pineapple in Lapidus pour Homme. A note ahead of its time.
    Currently wearing: Patchouli 24 by Le Labo