Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default Paloma Picasso vs Mon Parfum - confused?

Hi everybody, so I just received a bottle of what I thought is Paloma Picasso EdP in all black glass (old vintage version).

But I see there's an entry for Mon Parfum as well as Paloma Picasso over on Fragrantica - is there indeed different versions, or is it just a simple explanation as... EdT vs EdP or did Fragrantica just get it wrong?

Wondering what version I actually own - and how to tell the difference, if there even is one aside from concentration.

Thanks!
    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!
    Currently wearing: Walk The Sea by Kerosene

Blog Entries

Default Re: Paloma Picasso vs Mon Parfum - confused?

lf you have the all-black one, then l think it's safe to say it's the EDP, & that's the good stuff. Can you post a pic? l must admit l never knew there was an EDT version until now, but it looks like there is, with a gold-coloured cap. And according to Fragrantica, the notes lists are different.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    lf you have the all-black one, then l think it's safe to say it's the EDP, & that's the good stuff. Can you post a pic? l must admit l never knew there was an EDT version until now, but it looks like there is, with a gold-coloured cap. And according to Fragrantica, the notes lists are different.
    Hi yes, it is the EdP - but what I'm wondering is if there's different versions - Paloma Picasso and a Mon Parfum version. Is there two different frags with those names by Paloma Picasso? Or are people 'confusing' the Mon Parfum for the EdP and the Paloma Picasso with the EdT? or what's going on? Haha
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!

Blog Entries

As l recall, the two are one & the same. lt was called Paloma Picasso Mon Parfum when it launched, but seems to have dropped the Mon Parfum part of the name at some point.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    As l recall, the two are one & the same. lt was called Paloma Picasso Mon Parfum when it launched, but seems to have dropped the Mon Parfum part of the name at some point.
    Awesome, thanks!
    All Hail King Kouros!