Code of Conduct

Thread: Shampoo

Default Shampoo

I have very thin hair on top and am not quite bald. Also I have Gray hair. What is a great smelling shampoo or a shampoo/body wash in one?

Woodys, I want to smell that one. I think Target carries it. Smelled a huge bottle of American Crew at Ross. Also been reading up on Every Man Jack and Redken Beer shampoo and though pricey, Jack Black for thin hair

Also if it's a big deal, every man Jack is sulfate free

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Shampoo

I am also thinking that since I have very little hair on top, using a shampoo bar like Leggitts or even Mitchell Wool Fat Bath soap would be good.

Thinking that stripping the oils from my scalp may not be a great idea, so the Mitchells Wool Fat bar soap or using one of those 72% olive oil soaps would be good?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by finsfan View Post
    I am also thinking that since I have very little hair on top, using a shampoo bar like Leggitts or even Mitchell Wool Fat Bath soap would be good.

Thinking that stripping the oils from my scalp may not be a great idea, so the Mitchells Wool Fat bar soap or using one of those 72% olive oil soaps would be good?
    I adore hask argan oil shampoo. It has a lovely orange scent and has eliminated an issue I have had in the past. I've been trying to eliminate sulfates, parabens,dyes, etc and when I switched to Hask the occasional (pretty common) crusty boils I would get on my scalp disappeared completely. Add that my hair feels and looks great and I am sold! You can get it a Kroger for a pittance and if orange or agran aren't your thing there are TONS of other option based on your hairs and/or noses preference. Coconut oil, macadamia oil, chia seed, etc...

agree with shampoo bars. Most are very well made, chemical free and much better for your hair & scalp than mass produced bottled stuff.

Leggitts is a good start....but I'd encourage you to try the shampoo bars from Mikes Natural Soaps and Mystic Waters.

they are USA soap artisans and you can easily google their homepages.

Mike's Shampoo bar is tea tree, lavender and peppermint and I've been using for years. haven't found anything better.

Got me some Every Man Jack 3 in 1 stuff at Target. Supposed to be pretty much all natural. No sodium laurly sulfates, and all that stuff. Scent is sandalwood. Used it with a bath puff and wow, that stuff lathers like crazy. Scent is nice, and does not linger like some stuff. Hair is truly softer than using bar soap. Does not seem to be drying on the skin when used as a shower gel.

33 ounces was $9.99. Was going to try some Woody's but got this instead since, well, cheaper, more versatile and no SLS

I use Ducray’s Anaphase shampoo which is more for hair loss prevention. I’ve been using it for about 2 years and absolutely love it and what it does for my hair. Not sure if that’s the type of thing you’re looking for but it is great imo.

The Jack Black All Over Wash is very good, and doesn’t contain phosphates. It’s made for hair, face, and body, so its a good multi-taster.

I like Jack Black shampoo.It is only for hair, but the shampoo is good.
    jackblack-1521580528.jpg