Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1

    Default Advice on Areej Le Doré

    Hello all,

    I’ve been slowly expanding my collection and sampling different brands every time I get the chance. Now however, I would like something new.
    I have been interested in Areej le doré for a long tome, and would very much like to try them. As they don’t have any samples available anymore, that means blind-buying a bottle. I’m not opposed to that, I’d just like to hear your opinion on Areej’s scents. Which do you think to be the best ‘allrounder’ currently in the collection? I have been looking at Baikal Gris and Indolis myself. And secondly, while the ingredients are without a doubt worth the price, does the ‘natural’ aspect give you greater olfactory satisfaction than other brands?

    Thanks,
    thedebonair

  2. #2

    Default Re: Advice on Areej Le Doré

    Without testing, try sampling Bortnikov the guy there produces similar quality and type so you can make the decision from there wether it's worth it or not

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Diamondflame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    13,247

    Default Re: Advice on Areej Le Doré

    ‘All-rounder’ suggests a versatile, easy-to-wear fragrance - i.e. everything Areej Le Dore is not. I suggest you get some samples/decants from BN splitter strifeknot and go from there. Alternatively sampling sites like StC or TPC might have them though 0.25 ml is simply too paltry to do a proper sampling.

    Easiest to wear or least challenging IMO: Russian Musk and Baikal Gris.

  4. #4
    Super Member oudaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    186

    Default Re: Advice on Areej Le Doré

    I wouldn't suggest buying before you try, although if you did, you can sell them very easily. The most versatile was Russian Musk in my opinion, however, it is now discontinued.

  5. #5
    Basenotes Institution dougczar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    29,442

    Default Re: Advice on Areej Le Doré

    I think Atlantic Ambergris to be pretty "wearable". Most however are not. Several I was forced to promise my wife that I would never wear again (I agreed happily).

    I have not tried Russian Musk unfortunately.

    The quality of ingredients is clear to my nose, but the house style is far different from my tastes.
    Current Winter Favorites:

    1. House of Matriarch - Blackbird
    2. Brückner - Aoud 1
    3. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    4. Stéphane Humbert Lucas 777 - Generation Man
    5. Creed - Royal Oud
    6. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    7. Stéphane Humbert Lucas 777 - Mortal Skin
    8. Creed - Royal English Leather
    9. Ormonde Jayne - Black Gold
    10. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions

  6. #6
    LostboyR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    695

    Default Re: Advice on Areej Le Doré

    Areej le Dore makes wonderful scents that take time to get to know and understand. Some are more challenging than others but I would consider none of them to be crowd pleasers. The easiest to wear of the remaining offerings is Baikal Gris if it is your wish to blind buy. I concur with Diamondflame that your best bet is to go the route of decants to see if this is a House whose aesthetic works for you.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Advice on Areej Le Doré

    Quote Originally Posted by Valier View Post
    Without testing, try sampling Bortnikov the guy there produces similar quality and type so you can make the decision from there wether it's worth it or not
    They do have samples available, I'll look into that. Bonheur seems like it would be to my tastes as I love memoir man

  8. #8

  9. #9

    Default Re: Advice on Areej Le Doré

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    ‘All-rounder’ suggests a versatile, easy-to-wear fragrance - i.e. everything Areej Le Dore is not. I suggest you get some samples/decants from BN splitter strifeknot and go from there. Alternatively sampling sites like StC or TPC might have them though 0.25 ml is simply too paltry to do a proper sampling.

    Easiest to wear or least challenging IMO: Russian Musk and Baikal Gris.
    Thank you for the suggestion. I just said 'allround' because that's easier for a blind buy. I normally have no problem with challenging, different scents, but blind buying them might just be a bit too much.

  10. #10
    Let's Dance
    freewheelingvagabond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    17,933

    Default Re: Advice on Areej Le Doré

    I’ve only tried Siberian Musk and it was nice. However, the fact that bottles are always sold out (and not restocked) by the time I manage to grab a sample has turned me off this company completely. I think this line came out in 2017 or late 2016. And how many discontinued scents do they have already? Maybe I’m missing out on a lot? Could be. However, it’s just too much hassle for me.
    Currently wearing: Voyageur by Jean Patou

  11. #11

    Default Re: Advice on Areej Le Doré

    Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    And how many discontinued scents do they have already? Maybe I’m missing out on a lot? Could be. However, it’s just too much hassle for me.
    the struggle is real.

    never give up.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Advice on Areej Le Doré

    Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    I’ve only tried Siberian Musk and it was nice. However, the fact that bottles are always sold out (and not restocked) by the time I manage to grab a sample has turned me off this company completely. I think this line came out in 2017 or late 2016. And how many discontinued scents do they have already? Maybe I’m missing out on a lot? Could be. However, it’s just too much hassle for me.
    To be honest, that has been my problem too. I want to order a sample set but they're immediately gone. And indeed, knowing that you might never get the chance to buy your favorite scent again pains me

  13. #13
    LostboyR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    695

    Default Re: Advice on Areej Le Doré

    Quote Originally Posted by thedebonair View Post
    To be honest, that has been my problem too. I want to order a sample set but they're immediately gone. And indeed, knowing that you might never get the chance to buy your favorite scent again pains me
    Since Adam has moved to 30ml bottles the supply issue may be alleviated to some degree for the current collection and for those in the future.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Advice on Areej Le Doré

    For people who own Baikal Gris, how does it compare to other green scents such as memoir man?

  15. #15

    Default Re: Advice on Areej Le Doré

    Maybe not full blown crowd pleasers, but flux de fleur often garners compliments for me.
    The challenge and the beauty these is their evolution. They smell different after a few hours on.

  16. #16
    LostboyR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    695

    Default Re: Advice on Areej Le Doré

    Quote Originally Posted by thedebonair View Post
    For people who own Baikal Gris, how does it compare to other green scents such as memoir man?
    To me, Baikal Gris is all about the Ambergris/Sandalwood. There is a slight breath of green at the start but it goes more floral on me and far less green than you would imagine.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Advice on Areej Le Doré

    Sampling first from BN splitters is the way to go. I’m really happy with Malik Al Taif and because the bottles are small and limited I immediately bought a back up. I’m enjoying Koh-I-Noor also.

  18. #18
    User of Toilet Water

    Bangkok Hound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Posts
    3,390

    Default Re: Advice on Areej Le Doré

    Quote Originally Posted by thedebonair View Post
    For people who own Baikal Gris, how does it compare to other green scents such as memoir man?
    I'd rather compare Bortnikoff's Bonheur to Memoir Man. They both have a vegetal green note that I quite dislike.
    Currently wearing: Jubilation XXV by Amouage

  19. #19

    Default Re: Advice on Areej Le Doré

    Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hound View Post
    I'd rather compare Bortnikoff's Bonheur to Memoir Man. They both have a vegetal green note that I quite dislike.
    I happen to like that note, memoir is in my current top five! Tastes differ, of course. I assume bonheur is the higher quality of the 2?

  20. #20
    User of Toilet Water

    Bangkok Hound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Posts
    3,390

    Default Re: Advice on Areej Le Doré

    Quote Originally Posted by thedebonair View Post
    I happen to like that note, memoir is in my current top five! Tastes differ, of course. I assume bonheur is the higher quality of the 2?
    Then you should definitely try Bonheur. As much as I love Amouage, Bortnikoff and Areej are just in a different league.
    Currently wearing: Jubilation XXV by Amouage




Similar Threads

  1. Areej le Doré, Areej le Doré, Areej le Doré!!!!
    By ammarmali in forum Fragrance Splits Board
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 13th November 2018, 01:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000