Code of Conduct

Default Are there any fragrances that are very similar to Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet?

And that also perform well?

Default Re: Are there any fragrances that are very similar to Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet?

Granville by Dior
    ".....if you've got a blacklist, I want to be on it.." Billy Bragg

Default Re: Are there any fragrances that are very similar to Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet?

Quote Originally Posted by Francolino View Post
    Granville by Dior
    Sounds good.Do they still make it?

Cannot think of many proper substitutes still in production, such is the uniqueness of it, since the first choices would have been a few discontinued and/or currently overpriced citrus fragrances from the 80s and 90s almost bordering on powerhouse.

Among the ones that still are in production as of today and not overly expensive or even if pricey, at least better value for money, spontaneously thinking about Loewe para Hombre, YSL pour Homme Haute Concentration, the citrus fragrances within the Shooting Stars and XJ lines by Xerjoff, particularly Nio and 1861 Renaissance and even all of these only to very limited extents.
    Currently wearing: 1881 pour Homme by Cerruti

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Granville by Dior
    This came to my mind also.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Let's Dance

Granville by Dior
    This. Wonderful stuff.

You would think with all the copycat scents these days there would more that try to copy Blenheim Bouquet.It is such a nice and unique cologne.

I would say Geoffrey Beene - Bowling Green, but it's nowhere as sharp as Blenheim Bouquet from what I recall, also not sure about the duration on Bowling Green (it's my one of my wife's favorite frags she wears, glad to see Bowling Green is back on the market. It's going to be one of her Xmas gifts). I don't think Blenheim Bouquet lasted that long when I wore it, but it's a wonderful frag, but Penhaligon's are pricey... have never been able to find a good deal at discounters on them.
    In rotation: YSL PH HC, Devin, Aramis 900, Halston 1-12, CdNIM, Helmut Lang Cologne, Fougere Royale, et al.

Pino Silvestre
    Currently wearing: Opus IV by Amouage

Argh! Wish I thought of Pino!
    In rotation: YSL PH HC, Devin, Aramis 900, Halston 1-12, CdNIM, Helmut Lang Cologne, Fougere Royale, et al.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Pino Silvestri, Dior Granville, Avon Windjammer, Penhaligon's Quercus is also similar.
    oh look, I have a signature

People of Zee Wurl, Relax

Granville by Dior
    +n for Granville. It's like a more fleshed-out, longer-lasting Blenheim. I very much prefer it.

Dior still makes it, but I think it's one that is becoming restricted in distribution. Used bottles were popping up on eBay fairly regularly for a while there, some for way below retail. Just checked quickly and that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Someone is probably decanting it out there somewhere.

Another vote for Granville. Openings are very very similar but veer off a little on the drydown but still very much in the ballpark. I was of the understanding Granville was discontinued a good while ago which is why I never pursued it but I could easily be wrong

User of Toilet Water

Yet another for Granville! They're VERY similar to me, except Blenheim Bouquet is brighter, especially in the opening, and Granville is overall more aromatic. Performance-wise, Granville beats BB several times over. I think it's no longer distributed in the U.S., but it's still on the French Dior website.
    Currently wearing: Walimah by Areej le Doré

Go to https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/...quet-3940.html and look at 'This perfume reminds me of...'

Quote Originally Posted by Mayberry2 View Post
    Sounds good.Do they still make it?
    you can find big bottles in the Dior online boutique!
    ".....if you've got a blacklist, I want to be on it.." Billy Bragg

Thanks for all the recommendations and advice so far. As far as Dior Granville goes,I may have looked at the wrong online site or boutique,but I did not see it.Also it seems it is some kind of special release that is priced quite high and more than I am willing to spend.Maybe I am wrong I will have to look further.

Thanks for all the recommendations and advise so far. As far as Dior Granville goes,I may have looked at the wrong online site or boutique,but I did not see it.Also it seems it is some kind of special release that is priced quite high and more than I am willing to spend.Maybe I am wrong I will have to look further.
    I couldn't find it on the Dior website, either.

Yes, Granville, much of a Blenheim Bouquet 2.0 in terms of longevity and sophistication.

People of Zee Wurl, Relax

Thanks for all the recommendations and advice so far. As far as Dior Granville goes,I may have looked at the wrong online site or boutique,but I did not see it.Also it seems it is some kind of special release that is priced quite high and more than I am willing to spend.Maybe I am wrong I will have to look further.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScentMemory View Post
    I couldn't find it on the Dior website, either.
    As Bangkok Hound mentioned it's on dior.fr (the French Dior site), along with Eau Noire and Mitzah, which often get slapped with the 'discontinued' label as well. Vetiver was recently for sale too (within the past month or so) but I don't see it there now, although I think you can still buy all four if you go brick & mortar shopping in Paris, which obviously 99% of us won't be doing anytime soon. Granville is listed as temporarily out of stock, but either way I'm pretty sure dior.fr will only ship within France or the EU or something.

This past March a Dior boutique I was browsing still had Granville for sale, but was keeping the tester bottle in a drawer/not on display. I wouldn't recommend blind-buying it at retail prices anyway.

Mayberry, are you in the US?

April Aromatics - Ray Of Light
    Current Winter Favorites:

1. House of Matriarch - Blackbird
    2. Brückner - Aoud 1
    3. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    4. Stéphane Humbert Lucas 777 - Generation Man
    5. Creed - Royal Oud
    6. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    7. Stéphane Humbert Lucas 777 - Mortal Skin
    8. Creed - Royal English Leather
    9. Ormonde Jayne - Black Gold
    10. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions

Geo F Trumper Wellington, probably the closest you can get I believe. That and Town & Country by Crown Perfumery.