Code of Conduct

Thread: Distiller

Red face Distiller

Good Morning.

as a beginner in perfume world. I want to learn how i can make my own perfume. from where i can start.

Please suggest me books, sources that come with pictures. it will be helpful.

what types of distillation equipment i buy..Peace

Default Re: Distiller

There's The Cat in the Hat … Green Eggs and Ham … actually, anything by Dr. Seuss is excellent, and lovely pictures.
    I jest!
    Do what I'm doing: read this whole forum up and down. Search key words and start reading threads that pertain to what you want to accomplish … there is a LOAD of information here, and many questions have already been addressed.
    Best o' luck!

Quote Originally Posted by rat View Post
    I want to learn how i can make my own perfume.
    (...)
    what types of distillation equipment i buy..Peace
    You need no distillation equipment to start making your own perfume.

There is a tons of information on internet which is difficult for beginner to understand because all of articles or post is mixed.

I need website or any book that is well written to understand beginner like me.

This IS the website, and the DIY forum is the best you're going to find. I've only started exploring perfumery in the last couple of months, and it is VERY involved … there are no quick any easy methods … unless you just want to slap some things together and call it a perfume. If you are serious, then you need to study a lot of information; start acquiring some materials, Essential Oils and Aroma Chemicals, and familiarize yourself with how they smell; and start playing! Why don't you type "books" into the Bassnotes search box, and see what you find.

You just need to buy some aroma chemicals, essential oils etc. Get some perfumers alcohol. I use glass pipettes and just wash/squirt/rinse it with denatured alcohol after every use. Research some good supplier websites close to where you live. Research common constituents of perfumes, especially with the type of scent your trying to make. Buy musks and fixatives, I reccomend staying away from polycyclic musks if your going to spray on your skin.

I bought a bunch of mini perfume sprayers from chine, 100 for 14$! They are very useful. You will need small bottles, an accurate scale, and some mixing containers, stay away from polystyrene aim for hdpe or pp plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by rat View Post
    There is a tons of information on internet which is difficult for beginner to understand because all of articles or post is mixed.

I need website or any book that is well written to understand beginner like me.
    Try here:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/393...ead-this-first
    “Candy is full of taste. But so is shit, because taste is full of smell.”
    - Jarod Kintz, This Book Has No Title