Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 101
  1. #31
    Dependent
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,167

    Default Re: Angélique Encens

    UPDATE: The NYC boutique just shipped my bottle of AE yesterday so I should have it early next week. I will report back as soon as I receive it.

  2. #32
    Basenotes Junkie Shemelimelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Big Apple Orchard
    Posts
    995

    Default Re: Angélique Encens

    HEEEEEEEEYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!! I’ve been making mental notes of things here and there before I head out to Manhattan.

    PLEASE FOLLOW UP SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Question: Did you try Aubepine Acaciosa?
    Last edited by Shemelimelle; 15th April 2019 at 02:07 PM. Reason: 2 Creeds are better than 1!
    “You are the bait. The bait is you.” ~Trick or Treat (1986)
    “Have a good time, all the time. That is my philosophy.” ~This Is Spinal Tap (1984)
    “Thrrrow yourselves into the river, dahlings!” ~Withnail and I (1987)

  3. #33
    Freed from BN Institution

    N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    35,072

    Default Re: Angélique Encens

    Quote Originally Posted by KBF1972 View Post
    UPDATE: The NYC boutique just shipped my bottle of AE yesterday so I should have it early next week. I will report back as soon as I receive it.
    There's the proof. If anyone wants to buy Angelique Encens, purchase it directly at any one of the Creed Boutiques.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Aubépine-Acacia by Creed

  4. #34
    Basenotes Junkie Shemelimelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Big Apple Orchard
    Posts
    995

    Default Re: Angélique Encens

    I’ll be there! Are Angelique Encens and Aubepine Acaciosa available anywhere else??
    “You are the bait. The bait is you.” ~Trick or Treat (1986)
    “Have a good time, all the time. That is my philosophy.” ~This Is Spinal Tap (1984)
    “Thrrrow yourselves into the river, dahlings!” ~Withnail and I (1987)

  5. #35

    Default Re: Angélique Encens

    A trusted, treasured sales associate gave me a generous sample of Angelique Encence several years ago. Since then, I’ve been obsessed. Sincerely hope that the new version is at least close to vintage versions. This is the Creed reissue I’ve been dreaming about.

  6. #36
    Freed from BN Institution

    N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    35,072

    Default Re: Angélique Encens

    Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    A trusted, treasured sales associate gave me a generous sample of Angelique Encence several years ago. Since then, I’ve been obsessed. Sincerely hope that the new version is at least close to vintage versions. This is the Creed reissue I’ve been dreaming about.
    Will you be wearing your vintage sample? I was able to get all of my juice in the vintage green flacon. I feel satisfied with my stash overall.

    Do you plan on buying multiple bottles of the newer release of AE?

    I do expect that if it ends up being a limited release it will go up exponentially in price when it finds its way on eBay or Basenotes sales thread.
    I think for those who missed out on the vintage AE, now would be the time to get multiple bottles to ensure a lifetime supply.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Aubépine-Acacia by Creed

  7. #37
    Freed from BN Institution

    N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    35,072

    Default Re: Angélique Encens

    KBF1972, how much was the bottle? Did they say anything about the their supplies and about the release?
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Aubépine-Acacia by Creed

  8. #38
    Dependent
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,167

    Default Re: Angélique Encens

    Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    KBF1972, how much was the bottle? Did they say anything about the their supplies and about the release?


    They said each boutique was getting only 20 bottles and I believe it was $585.00 for the 75mil bottle

  9. #39
    Freed from BN Institution

    N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    35,072

    Default Re: Angélique Encens

    Quote Originally Posted by KBF1972 View Post
    They said each boutique was getting only 20 bottles and I believe it was $585.00 for the 75mil bottle
    The price isn't surprising at all.

    Did say anything about the future of Angelique Encens or is the 20 bottles for each boutique it?
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Aubépine-Acacia by Creed

  10. #40
    Basenotes Junkie Shemelimelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Big Apple Orchard
    Posts
    995

    Default Re: Angélique Encens

    I felt my heart sink for the second time this morning.
    Last edited by Shemelimelle; 15th April 2019 at 02:04 PM. Reason: *sighs*
    “You are the bait. The bait is you.” ~Trick or Treat (1986)
    “Have a good time, all the time. That is my philosophy.” ~This Is Spinal Tap (1984)
    “Thrrrow yourselves into the river, dahlings!” ~Withnail and I (1987)

  11. #41
    Dependent RedRaider430's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,133

    Default Re: Angélique Encens

    Quote Originally Posted by KBF1972 View Post
    They said each boutique was getting only 20 bottles and I believe it was $585.00 for the 75mil bottle
    Hmm....well, you never know about that. We know from past history that they sometimes tend to exaggerate the available supply.
    Basenotes sales: Tiffany for Men Concen, de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ples-amp-More!

    Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

  12. #42
    Basenotes Junkie Shemelimelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Big Apple Orchard
    Posts
    995

    Default Re: Angélique Encens

    Exaggerate, you mean as in less than twenty bottles per store? My heart sank. Again.
    Last edited by Shemelimelle; 15th April 2019 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Again.
    “You are the bait. The bait is you.” ~Trick or Treat (1986)
    “Have a good time, all the time. That is my philosophy.” ~This Is Spinal Tap (1984)
    “Thrrrow yourselves into the river, dahlings!” ~Withnail and I (1987)

  13. #43
    Dependent RedRaider430's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,133

    Default Re: Angélique Encens

    Quote Originally Posted by Shemelimelle View Post
    Exaggerate, you mean as in less than twenty bottles per store? My heart sank.
    No, as in having MORE than they say. Much more. They put out word that there is a "limited supply" of something (probably to create buying frenzy and fear of missing out), but then months/years later, it's still for sale.

    I seem to recall this happening with 1849 and Windsor 2010. But then you just never know, because sometimes the availability may actually BE limited on some limited fragrances (Vintage Tabarome, for instance).

    So who knows how many will be available for AE. But you've got to wonder.....would they REALLY go to all the trouble of making and bottling only a very limited number of bottles? Why would they do that? Doesn't seem very cost effective, and at $585.00, that's not that much more than their common, everyday bottles of their Exclusives, which sell for $545.00....and they are not "limited". Why would they limit something selling for only $40 more?

    And if you want to talk about high costs, their Rose Imperial costs a whopping $825.00. Is that one not "limited" in number, but the famous Angelique Encens that costs $240.00 less IS limited?

    Nobody knows, yet, but you simply can't believe what Creed says. Remember when they were only going to have a limited number of Windsor flacons, and then they came out with MANY 2010 flacons that were available for years, followed by the relatively cheap Royal Mayfair, which is supposed to be Windsor by another name?

    Remember Millesime 1849, which was launched 6 years ago and was also supposed to be only a "limited edition" fragrance? Well, they are apparently STILL selling that "limited" fragrance.

    I will say.....I equate Creed's Vintage Tabarome with Angelique Encens. Creed really DID limit the amount of Vintage Tabarome when they came back out with it for a short time. So if they were going to "limit" another fragrance, I wouldn't be surprised if Angelique Encens is the one. So if you want it, you probably need to get it now.....yes, even at $585.00. It's surely not going to be getting any cheaper.

    My only reservation to buying this new formulation is that there's no way of knowing what it smells like, compared to the original. Is someone REALLY going to have to gamble that the current version is the same as a sample they smelled of the vintage years ago? That's basically blind buying a $585.00 bottle of fragrance. Is Creed giving samples away, or will all the bottles be gone before it's possible to sample?!?!
    Basenotes sales: Tiffany for Men Concen, de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ples-amp-More!

    Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

  14. #44
    Freed from BN Institution

    N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    35,072

    Default Re: Angélique Encens

    Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    No, as in having MORE than they say. Much more. They put out word that there is a "limited supply" of something (probably to create buying frenzy and fear of missing out), but then months/years later, it's still for sale.

    I seem to recall this happening with 1849 and Windsor 2010. But then you just never know, because sometimes the availability may actually BE limited on some limited fragrances (Vintage Tabarome, for instance).

    So who knows how many will be available for AE. But you've got to wonder.....would they REALLY go to all the trouble of making and bottling only a very limited number of bottles? Why would they do that? Doesn't seem very cost effective, and at $585.00, that's not that much more than their common, everyday bottles of their Exclusives, which sell for $545.00....and they are not "limited". Why would they limit something selling for only $40 more?

    And if you want to talk about high costs, their Rose Imperial costs a whopping $825.00. Is that one not "limited" in number, but the famous Angelique Encens that costs $240.00 less IS limited?

    Nobody knows, yet, but you simply can't believe what Creed says. Remember when they were only going to have a limited number of Windsor flacons, and then they came out with MANY 2010 flacons that were available for years, followed by the relatively cheap Royal Mayfair, which is supposed to be Windsor by another name?

    Remember Millesime 1849, which was launched 6 years ago and was also supposed to be only a "limited edition" fragrance? Well, they are apparently STILL selling that "limited" fragrance.

    I will say.....I equate Creed's Vintage Tabarome with Angelique Encens. Creed really DID limit the amount of Vintage Tabarome when they came back out with it for a short time. So if they were going to "limit" another fragrance, I wouldn't be surprised if Angelique Encens is the one. So if you want it, you probably need to get it now.....yes, even at $585.00. It's surely not going to be getting any cheaper.

    My only reservation to buying this new formulation is that there's no way of knowing what it smells like, compared to the original. Is someone REALLY going to have to gamble that the current version is the same as a sample they smelled of the vintage years ago? That's basically blind buying a $585.00 bottle of fragrance. Is Creed giving samples away, or will all the bottles be gone before it's possible to sample?!?!

    $585 isn't that high of a price if you stacked up all of the other Creed prices as of today. I think if they wanted pure exclusivity they could've driven the price even higher similar to Rose Imperial. I haven't been all that happy with what Creed has put out in recent years as well as the current batches across the board, I expect this to be no exception.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Aubépine-Acacia by Creed

  15. #45
    Lian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    2,103

    Default Re: Angélique Encens

    The boutique in France quoted me 190 euro for 75 ml bottle of Angelique Encens. I just cant justify going to Paris for it and they refused to ship it to me
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

  16. #46
    Basenotes Junkie Shemelimelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Big Apple Orchard
    Posts
    995

    Default Re: Angélique Encens

    I feel frustrated and confused. At those prices, I know I can’t afford to play games.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    No, as in having MORE than they say. Much more. They put out word that there is a "limited supply" of something (probably to create buying frenzy and fear of missing out), but then months/years later, it's still for sale.

    I seem to recall this happening with 1849 and Windsor 2010. But then you just never know, because sometimes the availability may actually BE limited on some limited fragrances (Vintage Tabarome, for instance).

    So who knows how many will be available for AE. But you've got to wonder.....would they REALLY go to all the trouble of making and bottling only a very limited number of bottles? Why would they do that? Doesn't seem very cost effective, and at $585.00, that's not that much more than their common, everyday bottles of their Exclusives, which sell for $545.00....and they are not "limited". Why would they limit something selling for only $40 more?

    And if you want to talk about high costs, their Rose Imperial costs a whopping $825.00. Is that one not "limited" in number, but the famous Angelique Encens that costs $240.00 less IS limited?

    Nobody knows, yet, but you simply can't believe what Creed says. Remember when they were only going to have a limited number of Windsor flacons, and then they came out with MANY 2010 flacons that were available for years, followed by the relatively cheap Royal Mayfair, which is supposed to be Windsor by another name?

    Remember Millesime 1849, which was launched 6 years ago and was also supposed to be only a "limited edition" fragrance? Well, they are apparently STILL selling that "limited" fragrance.

    I will say.....I equate Creed's Vintage Tabarome with Angelique Encens. Creed really DID limit the amount of Vintage Tabarome when they came back out with it for a short time. So if they were going to "limit" another fragrance, I wouldn't be surprised if Angelique Encens is the one. So if you want it, you probably need to get it now.....yes, even at $585.00. It's surely not going to be getting any cheaper.

    My only reservation to buying this new formulation is that there's no way of knowing what it smells like, compared to the original. Is someone REALLY going to have to gamble that the current version is the same as a sample they smelled of the vintage years ago? That's basically blind buying a $585.00 bottle of fragrance. Is Creed giving samples away, or will all the bottles be gone before it's possible to sample?!?!
    “You are the bait. The bait is you.” ~Trick or Treat (1986)
    “Have a good time, all the time. That is my philosophy.” ~This Is Spinal Tap (1984)
    “Thrrrow yourselves into the river, dahlings!” ~Withnail and I (1987)

  17. #47
    Dependent
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,167

    Default Re: Angélique Encens

    UPDATE: I received my bottle today and I’m happy to report that I’m very pleased. This is not exactly the same as the original to my nose. This comes off as fresher and easier to wear than the original. The top notes seem much brighter in this new release. HOWEVER I must say I actually prefer this one to the original. It’s still unmistakeably Angelique Encens, just a tad brighter, fresher, and easier to wear. I can see myself wearing this one very often whereas with the original, it was sort of a special occasion type of scent.

  18. #48
    Basenotes Junkie Shemelimelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Big Apple Orchard
    Posts
    995

    Default Re: Angélique Encens

    Thank you so very kindly, KBF1972, for the update on Angelique Encens. The original sounds exactly my style. I’m not especially keen on brightness, freshness, easiness, and versatility. Again, your input this evening is much appreciated.
    “You are the bait. The bait is you.” ~Trick or Treat (1986)
    “Have a good time, all the time. That is my philosophy.” ~This Is Spinal Tap (1984)
    “Thrrrow yourselves into the river, dahlings!” ~Withnail and I (1987)

  19. #49
    Dependent
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,167

    Default Re: Angélique Encens

    Quote Originally Posted by Shemelimelle View Post
    Thank you so very kindly, KBF1972, for the update on Angelique Encens. The original sounds exactly my style. I’m not especially keen on brightness, freshness, easiness, and versatility. Again, your input this evening is much appreciated.
    Don’t get me wrong it’s still very much Angelique Encens and not a bright or clean scent in any way, just a bit more wearable than the original. A definite improvement on how the original IMO.

  20. #50
    Basenotes Junkie Shemelimelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Big Apple Orchard
    Posts
    995

    Default Re: Angélique Encens

    I see......Thank you for the clarification. I will pass.
    “You are the bait. The bait is you.” ~Trick or Treat (1986)
    “Have a good time, all the time. That is my philosophy.” ~This Is Spinal Tap (1984)
    “Thrrrow yourselves into the river, dahlings!” ~Withnail and I (1987)

  21. #51
    Dependent RedRaider430's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,133

    Default Re: Angélique Encens

    Thanks for your description, KBF1972. I'd love to smell the new one!

    You know, your description made me wonder if the "brighter/fresher" top notes you're smelling in the new bottle are that way mainly because the fragrance is new and the top notes haven't degraded at all.

    As old as some of the Angelique Encens is out there that's being passed around, it's quite possible that the top notes in the vintage formulation may have changed or degraded a bit over the years.

    I noticed this same thing from a flacon of Bois de Santal one time. All I mainly noticed from the older juice was the famous sandalwood note and I thought that's all there really was to Bois de Santal. But then I found someone selling a new and unopened flacon of it here on Basenotes and I purchased it. Well....when I smelled the fresh juice it was like a whole new Bois de Santal world to me. I could actually smell the green and citrus notes in the top, and it was startling because I had simply never smelled them before. They were SO different and noticeable, I actually wondered if something was wrong with the juice. But then I realized what was going on after the familiar sandalwood dry down came along. I had the good fortune to find out what Bois de Santal was MEANT to smell like all along, but had never smelled anything else to compare it to, so I didn't know what I was missing.

    So I wonder if the differences you're noticing could simply be that it's fresh juice, or if there really ARE subtle differences from the vintage.

    Shemelimelle, I think you should call Creed Boutique and ask them to send you a sample of the new version. I would hate to see you miss out on getting the fragrance you love so much when you haven't actually smelled it for yourself. We all have different opinions. It might turn out that it's all you thought it could be, and more!
    Basenotes sales: Tiffany for Men Concen, de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ples-amp-More!

    Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

  22. #52
    Dependent
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,167

    Default Re: Angélique Encens

    Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    Thanks for your description, KBF1972. I'd love to smell the new one!

    You know, your description made me wonder if the "brighter/fresher" top notes you're smelling in the new bottle are that way mainly because the fragrance is new and the top notes haven't degraded at all.

    As old as some of the Angelique Encens is out there that's being passed around, it's quite possible that the top notes in the vintage formulation may have changed or degraded a bit over the years.

    I noticed this same thing from a flacon of Bois de Santal one time. All I mainly noticed from the older juice was the famous sandalwood note and I thought that's all there really was to Bois de Santal. But then I found someone selling a new and unopened flacon of it here on Basenotes and I purchased it. Well....when I smelled the fresh juice it was like a whole new Bois de Santal world to me. I could actually smell the green and citrus notes in the top, and it was startling because I had simply never smelled them before. They were SO different and noticeable, I actually wondered if something was wrong with the juice. But then I realized what was going on after the familiar sandalwood dry down came along. I had the good fortune to find out what Bois de Santal was MEANT to smell like all along, but had never smelled anything else to compare it to, so I didn't know what I was missing.

    So I wonder if the differences you're noticing could simply be that it's fresh juice, or if there really ARE subtle differences from the vintage.

    Shemelimelle, I think you should call Creed Boutique and ask them to send you a sample of the new version. I would hate to see you miss out on getting the fragrance you love so much when you haven't actually smelled it for yourself. We all have different opinions. It might turn out that it's all you thought it could be, and more!


    Yes I was thinking that myself. It could very well be because this is just fresh, new juice that hasn’t degraded or changed.

  23. #53
    Basenotes Junkie Shemelimelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Big Apple Orchard
    Posts
    995

    Default Re: Angélique Encens

    Should be heading out into “the city” sometime next week. Train service was sketchy, so I put off my boutique visits.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    Thanks for your description, KBF1972. I'd love to smell the new one!

    You know, your description made me wonder if the "brighter/fresher" top notes you're smelling in the new bottle are that way mainly because the fragrance is new and the top notes haven't degraded at all.

    As old as some of the Angelique Encens is out there that's being passed around, it's quite possible that the top notes in the vintage formulation may have changed or degraded a bit over the years.

    I noticed this same thing from a flacon of Bois de Santal one time. All I mainly noticed from the older juice was the famous sandalwood note and I thought that's all there really was to Bois de Santal. But then I found someone selling a new and unopened flacon of it here on Basenotes and I purchased it. Well....when I smelled the fresh juice it was like a whole new Bois de Santal world to me. I could actually smell the green and citrus notes in the top, and it was startling because I had simply never smelled them before. They were SO different and noticeable, I actually wondered if something was wrong with the juice. But then I realized what was going on after the familiar sandalwood dry down came along. I had the good fortune to find out what Bois de Santal was MEANT to smell like all along, but had never smelled anything else to compare it to, so I didn't know what I was missing.

    So I wonder if the differences you're noticing could simply be that it's fresh juice, or if there really ARE subtle differences from the vintage.

    Shemelimelle, I think you should call Creed Boutique and ask them to send you a sample of the new version. I would hate to see you miss out on getting the fragrance you love so much when you haven't actually smelled it for yourself. We all have different opinions. It might turn out that it's all you thought it could be, and more!
    Sorry, I meant to highlight your last paragraph.
    “You are the bait. The bait is you.” ~Trick or Treat (1986)
    “Have a good time, all the time. That is my philosophy.” ~This Is Spinal Tap (1984)
    “Thrrrow yourselves into the river, dahlings!” ~Withnail and I (1987)

  24. #54
    Dependent RedRaider430's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,133

    Default Re: Angélique Encens

    Quote Originally Posted by Shemelimelle View Post
    Should be heading out into “the city” sometime next week. Train service was sketchy, so I put off my boutique visits.
    They have always been agreeable to mailing me samples of new fragrances when I call and request them.
    Basenotes sales: Tiffany for Men Concen, de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ples-amp-More!

    Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

  25. #55
    Basenotes Junkie Shemelimelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Big Apple Orchard
    Posts
    995

    Default Re: Angélique Encens

    No, I would rather walk. Besides, I plan on stopping by Laduree to pick up some pastry.
    “You are the bait. The bait is you.” ~Trick or Treat (1986)
    “Have a good time, all the time. That is my philosophy.” ~This Is Spinal Tap (1984)
    “Thrrrow yourselves into the river, dahlings!” ~Withnail and I (1987)

  26. #56
    Dependent
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,167

    Default Re: Angélique Encens

    I’m also happy to report that I got excellent performance and longevity out of this. It’s going on 14 hours now since application and I can still smell it strongly.

  27. #57
    Freed from BN Institution

    N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    35,072

    Default Re: Angélique Encens

    Quote Originally Posted by KBF1972 View Post
    I’m also happy to report that I got excellent performance and longevity out of this. It’s going on 14 hours now since application and I can still smell it strongly.
    Do you get any ambergris at the base?
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Aubépine-Acacia by Creed

  28. #58
    Dependent
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,167

    Default Re: Angélique Encens

    Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Do you get any ambergris at the base?

    Yes I definitely get a good dose of the Creed ambergris in the base

  29. #59
    Basenotes Junkie Shemelimelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Big Apple Orchard
    Posts
    995

    Default Re: Angélique Encens

    Let’s hope the s.a. gives me a generous sample.
    “You are the bait. The bait is you.” ~Trick or Treat (1986)
    “Have a good time, all the time. That is my philosophy.” ~This Is Spinal Tap (1984)
    “Thrrrow yourselves into the river, dahlings!” ~Withnail and I (1987)

  30. #60

    Default Re: Angélique Encens

    I'm curious about this now. I may go see if I can spray some if they have it at the boutique. I've never tried it before.




Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. RIP: Creed Angelique Encens
    By zztopp in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 25th February 2012, 08:36 PM
  2. Thinking About Angelique Encens
    By Jen81 in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 25th March 2008, 09:01 PM
  3. Creed Angelique Encens
    By rivers in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 26th December 2007, 09:27 AM
  4. Angélique Encens vs. BdP
    By M in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 1st August 2005, 11:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000