Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default Do NOT BUY ANY PRODUCT from Woolzies

https://woolzies.com/product/foral-e...r-neroli-10ml/

OH! Give me a break! Six "essential oils" for $25??!! Neroli AND Jasmine! for $25. Jasmine Essential Oil? Right.

https://woolzies.com/product/238/
    You can even get 1oz of "Jasmine essential oil" for 14 bucks... Don't think so...
    Untitled-1.jpg

NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM this amazing ripoff company.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

Default Re: Do NOT BUY ANY PRODUCT from Woolzies

The bottle says its 30% (or something I can't read that) so it could be.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Thea in Fl View Post
    The bottle says its 30% (or something I can't read that) so it could be.
    Yes, that Jasmine is marked at 30% Jasmine, but essential oil. This is plainly NOT essential oil. it *might* be an absolute. But it's not an essential oil. The neroli says it is without dilution, for 10ml, in the $25 package grouping.

Not gonna happen, be real Neroli, in that amount, for that price.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

I love the litsea oil I got from Perfumers apprentice ...
    but I love the price of similar things at Piping rock...when they have a deep sale, it's 2.99
    The site is best for sale Items.

Basenotes Junkie

1oz of "Jasmine essential oil" for 14 bucks ?? wow

Even at 30%...take Liberty Naturals for comparison, since they tend to be pretty cheap for good quality. Their Jasmine Sambac SCO2 (which could be reasonably marketed as "essential oil") is $152/oz, so even 30% of an ounce would still be ~$50 worth. The math just doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by pkiler View Post
    https://woolzies.com/product/foral-e...r-neroli-10ml/

OH! Give me a break! Six "essential oils" for $25??!! Neroli AND Jasmine! for $25. Jasmine Essential Oil? Right.

https://woolzies.com/product/238/
    You can even get 1oz of "Jasmine essential oil" for 14 bucks... Don't think so...
    Untitled-1.jpg

NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM this amazing ripoff company.
    Wow.... and 10ml in EACH bottle!!! Well... that's a bargain or a bluff. Most likely 100% a bluff

I'm not sure Piping Rock passes the sniff test either (no pun intended). Their neroli is a blend, with almond oil coming first in the ingredients and neroli oil coming second, so for starters it's at least 51% almond oil, if not more. They're selling is for $6.19 for 1/2 oz...while 1/2 oz from Liberty would be $88, and 1/2 oz from Eden would be $114. I call BS. I mean, do the math backwards - if you took Liberty's and diluted it down enough to sell 1/2 oz for $6, you'd have to dilute it to something like 5%. Hell, even Neroli diluted down to 10% from Eden (which they clearly and plainly say is a 10% dilution) is still $17. I know they're on the more expensive end...but come on.

Piping Rock's "100% pure" birch tar EO is $6 for 1/2 oz..."100% pure" geranium EO is $6 for 1/2 oz..."blended" rose EO is $8 for 1/2 oz (what is it, 1% absolute in 99% almond oil?)...I don't believe it.

regardless, I am going to buy it when it's 5.99 it has 4 1/2 stars good enough for me.
    I just spent a lot on chemicals for an accord and I can barely smell it, eventually going to just buy some rosebushes and better alcohol.

I have Jasmine Sambac blended in jojoba from piping rock and 10% Grandiflorum from Eden Botanicals. The cheap stuff allowed me to compare the two types of jasmine. I also use oils of this type as a fill in for more expensive ingredients while I tinker. I'm learning and appreciate being able to afford to experiment.

Rhino - wondering in the sambac does the jojoba oil separate out in alcohol, and is the grandiflorum in grapeseed oil instead.

[QUOTE=Thea in Fl;4502709]Rhino - wondering in the sambac does the jojoba oil separate out in alcohol, and is the grandiflorum in grapeseed oil instead.

I would not use the sambac in anything other than oil based or solid perfumes, as this is my main focus. Grandiflorum is in FCO.

I picked up some of these on clearance at Marshalls for the diffuser. The bottle of jasmine says "10% jasmine sambac" and then on ingredients it says "jasmine sambac, distillates of rose oil, distillates of neroli oil, distillates of geranium oil, distillates of lavender oil and distillates of tuberose." I can smell the lavender and geranium. Can't smell neroli or tuberose or even rose. I imagine that quite a bit of it is lavender and geranium. You're better off getting a 2ml of jasmine or some other expensive oil from Eden Botanicals, because you're going to dilute it anyway. But I imagine people use these for aromatherapy and such. The rose oil is some similar concoction, I can't find my bottle but some of it is palmarosa.

Jasmine is not that hard to synthetically imitate. Most perfume fragrances that have a jasmine note are using synthetics.