Code of Conduct

Default So, I LIKE Dunhill 1934.. how about Bogart Signature?!

Spent a little time with the Dunhill, I like it, past the opening citro- it's pretty tidy, yet it's got little weight and projection ( yep you likely guessed, new formulation etc) . I get the similarities to Tabac, and even with a new version cologne splash it seems to perform much better. Gutted at that really. So... next up... suggestions for really similar frags that DO have the weight longevity and projection?
    Some reason ( never tried it!) I'm thinking Bogart Signature might be what I'm after?
    What says ye!
    Currently wearing: Grey Vetiver by Tom Ford

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: So, I LIKE Dunhill 1934.. how about Bogart Signature?!

Quote Originally Posted by Ifti View Post
    Some reason ( never tried it!) I'm thinking Bogart Signature might be what I'm after?
    What says ye!
    I think it's quite nice. A wonderful aromatic fougere with its best part for me being the dry down. Give it a try.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Always be smelling

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I think it's quite nice. A wonderful aromatic fougere with its best part for me being the dry down. Give it a try.
    ^^^ This.
    Get it while still available and cheap
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit
    Currently wearing: Ricci Club by Nina Ricci

Quote Originally Posted by epapsiou View Post
    ^^^ This.
    Get it while still available and cheap
    Swello. Spring summer frags sorted, got a bee in the bonnet for a / the fall winter frag.
    Watch this space ha!

Bogart Signature (or Bogart Bogart) : I very much enjoyed the mid and the drydown notes, and I think you will too.
    However, see what you think about the opening lemon (blossom) note - I found it persisted throughout the scent, which may or may not be to your taste.
    Notino has it.
    Deep Winter : cold and clean : Etro Heliotrope, CdG Zagorsk; cold and dark : Jacomo Jacomo de Jacomo, Lalique Encre Noire; incense etc : Penhaligon's Elixir, Etro Ambra, CdG Avignon, Unum Io Non Ho Mani

Most likely yes. And even though the two are not very similar, they do share a certain similarity in terms of style, in providing a certain timeless elegance at a reasonable price and therefore also not following fragrance fads and trends too desperately, too obviously, which makes them both more classy and less generic.
    Both also use fairly similar notes as well, including citrus, wood, some patchouli, minimally some leather, hints of moss/herbs, but highly different ways, perhaps Dunhill with more British restraint and gentlemanliness, the Bogart scent with a French talent for a certain "retro revival" chic, making 70s and generally (multi decade) powerhouse fougeres back to being not only fashionable again but also appropriate for inoffensive yet never boring everyday office/workplace wear.
    Currently wearing: Tasmeem by Rasasi

Let's Dance

It's wonderful. Among the current versions, I much prefer the Bogart. Get it and give it some time.
    Currently wearing: M by Puredistance

Bogart Signature ahh, it is a quality masculine fragrance at beyond reasonable prices pure masculinity in a bottle it’s a treat to wear and enjoyable as well. Definitely a fragrance one should experience, lasts all day and sure to make you stand out in today’s fruit fest.

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    Bogart Signature ahh, it is a quality masculine fragrance at beyond reasonable prices pure masculinity in a bottle it’s a treat to wear and enjoyable as well. Definitely a fragrance one should experience, lasts all day and sure to make you stand out in today’s fruit fest.
    Ha yes totally agree - "fruit fest" indeed. ;-)