Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Institution

Default Swedish Supermarket launch scent of Sour Milk to help combat food waste.

Default Re: Swedish Supermarket launch scent of Sour Milk to help combat food waste.

what about when the milk smells fine but it immediately separates when added to tea or coffee?

I drink it -- it hasn't made me feel sick yet

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bzios Brasil

Default Re: Swedish Supermarket launch scent of Sour Milk to help combat food waste.

Don't think that would be an appealing smell.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I am not clear on the logic linking such a perfume and not tossing away milk. But who knows.

In any case, it's not totally new. Hershey chocolate was done with sour milk and still preserves the aroma (a reason why Europeans are not really fond of the brand).

Poor Swedes.
    Chic is all about humor. Which means chic is about intelligence. And there has to be oddness-- most luxury is conformist, and chic cannot be. Chic must be polite and not incommode others, but within that it can be as weird as it wants. - LT

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

There are some other ways of using sour milk:

https://www.treehugger.com/green-foo...ow-it-out.html
    Diapers and politicians should be changed often, and for the same reason..

Thanks for the link on sour milk uses, very interesting. I remember my father doing ricotta when the milk was off.
    Unfortunately, most of the milk here is heavily pasteurized.

cacio

What about the second before it smells like that? :) Also, is green bread still good to eat, the second before it turns green?

I totally get the idea of people loving scents that smell border line bulgar and dirty skin scents.. but rancid dairy is really pushing the limit.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    what about when the milk smells fine but it immediately separates when added to tea or coffee?

I drink it -- it hasn't made me feel sick yet
    Won't hurt you one bit. Might not taste the best ever, though.

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    There are some other ways of using sour milk:

https://www.treehugger.com/green-foo...ow-it-out.html
    All worthy ideas! Never throw out sour milk if you're a cook -- it's great for making biscuits and scones.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by dukeofmadison View Post
    I totally get the idea of people loving scents that smell border line bulgar and dirty skin scents.. but rancid dairy is really pushing the limit.
    They didn't create it to be appealing. They created it to provide a baseline for when your milk is actually rancid, so you don't throw out milk unnecessarily.