Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Your Perfume Rotations in 2019

Welcome to our new Perfume Rotations thread for 2019.

Most rotations are monthly but all rotational approaches/ideas are very welcome here in this thread - seasonal, quarterly, fortnightly, weekly, half yearly, etc. Please feel free to list any 2019 Finish Focus perfume projects or any other type of perfume project that you might undertake during the year here at the start of the new thread so you can see how you did at the end of the year.

Here's a link to the old original thread for quick & easy reference. http://www.basenotes.net/threads/428...st-Stuff-Here!

Default Re: Your Perfume Rotations in 2019

My Finish Focus scents for 2019 are:
    Wood Sage & Sea Salt by Jo Malone - I have a 30ml (approx. 20ml left), an 8ml (approx. 5ml left) & several spray samples of this scent that are all partially used so would like to get it back to just one bottle. I keep getting "free with purchase" mini's & samples of this scent.
    Vanille Jolie Perfume oil - 5ml bottle - it's approximately half full.
    Plus, I'd like to keep finishing some more samples this year. I don't like having lots of samples lying around so I want to clear some out before getting any more.

I'm going to continue my perfume project from this year which is to try my perfumes out in the different months of the year & setting up monthly tags that list my favourite months to wear each of my perfumes. It will just be on a smaller scale in 2019, new perfumes bought in 2018 or any perfumes that I didn't do in 2018.

Edited: Finished my Infusion d'Iris in late 2018 so deleted it from my 2019 Finish Focus list & also did one of my projects now instead of waiting until 2019 so deleted that from this post, too.
    Last edited by CuddleCat; 27th December 2018 at 04:35 AM. Reason: Made some changes

For 2019, I’d like to do a finish focus for the following:

-Eau Parfumee Au The Blanc by Bvlgari
    -Escale a Portofino by Dior
    -Fils de Dieu by ELDO
    -Infusion d’Iris by Prada
    -Orange Sanguine by Atelier Colognes
    -Rush by Gucci

I probably don’t need to focus too hard on Rush; it should naturally finish this winter. I’ll likely go in the following order:

1. Fils de Dieu
    2. Orange Sanguine
    3. Escale a Portofino
    4. Infusion d’Iris
    5. Eau Parfumee Au The Blanc
    My only regrets in life are the people I haven't stood up for,
    and the perfumes I've thrown away.

My current thoughts about my January 2019 Rotation:

Finish Focus: Fils de Dieu by ELDO

January 2019 Rotation

1. 31 Rue Cambon
    2. Coromandel
    3. Elixir des Merveilles
    4. Flower Le Parfum
    5. Fils de Dieu
    6. Gieffeffe
    7. Hanae Mori (Butterfly) EDT
    8. Labdanum 18
    9. No. 5 L’Eau
    10. Shalimar Mexique

I think this will be my January rotation.

I want to focus on these perfumes in January but there are a few others that I want to see how they perform in January temps. as well.

Tried & true perfumes from last January:
    Bal d'Afrique by Byredo
    Eau Rose by Diptyque
    No. 5 L'eau by Chanel

New to my January rotation:
    Courage by One Seed
    Honeysuckle & Jasmine perfume oil (handmade by myself)
    Lemon Sherbet by 4160 Tuesdays
    Lime, Basil & Mandarin by Jo Malone
    What I Did on My Holidays by 4160 Tuesdays

Not sure if these two perfumes are new to January wearings but I thought they might be good summer night perfumes.
    Raw Silk & Red Roses by 4160 Tuesdays
    Vanille Jolie by Ava Luxe

And, my Finish Focus for January - Infusion d'Iris by Prada.

Quote Originally Posted by CuddleCat View Post
    I think this will be my January rotation.

I want to focus on these perfumes in January but there are a few others that I want to see how they perform in January temps. as well.

Bal d'Afrique by Byredo
    Eau Rose by Diptyque
    No. 5 L'eau by Chanel

Courage by One Seed
    Lemon Sherbet by 4160 Tuesdays

Not sure if these two perfumes are new to January wearings but I thought they might be good summer night perfumes.
    Vanille Jolie by Ava Luxe

And, my Finish Focus for January - Infusion d'Iris by Prada.
    Solid choices for your expected weather. Two of my tried and true are on there:
    1. No. 5 L’Eau
    2. Infusion d’Iris

For January I plan to have this rotation :

Crystal noir
    Escale a Portofino
    Infusion d'iris
    Samsara
    Mitsouko
    L de Lolita Lempicka
    Opium
    Tam dao
    Kama
    Portrait of a lady
    No 5 Eau premiere
    Dzing!

I decided to change my lineup a littlebit. Switching Lipstick rose with my new required scent, No 5 eau premiere. I now feel that it's more balanced somehow.
    Last edited by ineespenes; 27th December 2018 at 10:14 PM.

Wearing Perfume Right Now

Usually monthly occurrences can feel like chores, bill paying, that sort of thing. Planning what fragrances to wear is my favorite monthly task!

I have no plans to finish anything this year, and any bottle I might finish is already backed up.

Pulling out fragrances for the month is part of the fun at my house. My significant other gets into it, and nominates fragrances and/or sometimes picks my scent of the day from the rotation.

My project is to enjoy the fragrances I have, and to learn about my evolving preferences. Over the last year, Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree and Versace L’Homme emerged as favorites. I had had them for a while, but they were minor players until recently.
    Last edited by Bavard; 20th December 2018 at 09:20 PM.

For January, I have to at least do my own little version of Chanuary (welcome one and all!). I also like the idea of sticking to seven, so something like this:

1. Bois Noir
    2. Antaeus Sport
    3. Egoiste Platinum
    4. Allure Homme Edition Blanche
    5. Pour Monsieur Cologne
    6. Pour Monsieur Concentree
    7. Egoiste Concentree

I feel like wearing these to start the new year, mixed with some sampling, but at least getting three wearings each of these seven during Chanuary 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    Usually monthly occurrences can feel like chores, bill paying, that sort of thing. Planning what fragrances to wear is my favorite monthly task!

I have no plans to finish anything this year, and any bottle I might finish is already backed up.

Pulling out fragrances for the month is part of the fun at my house. My significant other gets into it, and nominates fragrances and/or sometimes picks my scent of the day from the rotation.

My project is to enjoy the fragrances I have, and to learn about my evolving preferences. Over the last year, Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree and Versace L’Homme emerged as favorites. I had had them for a while, but they were minor players until recently.
    It’s a favorite activity for me, too, and my husband and even my kiddos sometimes get in on the action.

Chanel PM Concentree and L’Homme are both solid.

Sillage Monster

I do not choose my monthly rotation until the last day of the previous month. It’s a little ritual that I look forward to. If I do it any earlier, there’s a good chance I’ll change my mind. I have to get into the mood to make the change.
    The Merry, Merry Month of May

Orris & Sandalwood, Tuberose Angelica, Timbuktu, Patchouli Patch, Black Aoud, Buonissimo, Le Parfum de Therese

I will need to make some changes to my January rotation because I've already finished my mini bottle of Infusion d'Iris which I had listed as my January Finish Focus scent & I also want to add two more Chanel perfumes to my rotation due to Bavard's mini Chanuary quest.

I’m rethinking my plans for January to accommodate a different finish focus and to distinguish it better from my December rotation. Also adding more Chanel. TBD...

Freed from BN Institution

I stocked up on very large amounts of some notable Creeds like Angelique Encens and Vintage Tabarome. I do expect to wear both of these more heavily this coming year alongside my trusted bottles from Chanel and Guerlain.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Bayrhum-Vetiver by Creed

Here's my updated January rotation.

Bal d'Afrique by Byredo
    Eau Rose by Diptyque
    No. 5 L'eau by Chanel

Courage by One Seed
    No. 19 Poudre by Chanel
    White Tea by Elizabeth Arden

Vanille Jolie by Ava Luxe - Extrait & Perfume Oil

I also have a bottle of Coco Mademoiselle EDT ordered which should arrive within the next week. This will be my 2nd bottle of the EDT but I have been without it since about 2015. I've really started to missed this scent during 2018 so thought it was time to get another bottle

And, my Finish Focus for January is now just working towards lowering the bottle level as I won't be able to finish half a bottle of perfume oil in just one month - Vanille Jolie perfume oil.

So, for the mini Chanuary quest, I have three summer friendly Chanel perfumes:
    Coco Mademoiselle EDT
    No. 5 Leau
    No. 19 Poudre
    and I may sneak in a wear or two of No. 5 Eau Premiere if there are any cool summer days. I have trouble with the current formula aldehydes in hot weather, now, that I have an environmentally caused sinus condition.

Updated January 2019 Rotation:

1. 31 Rue Cambon
    2. Coromandel
    3. Elixir des Merveilles
    4. Flower Le Parfum
    5. Gieffeffe
    6. Labdanum 18
    7. No. 19 Poudre
    8. No. 5 L’Eau
    9. Rush
    10. Sanrovia by Blocki

January in Dublin - not normally inspiring but a perfume rotation will make it a lot better!

Idiot newbie question: Do you pick 10 and only use those 10 for the month?

I'm going to try:

1. Tiaré (Ormonde Jayne)
    2. Like This (ELDO)
    3. Mon Numéro 10 (L'AP)
    4. Tolu (Ormonde Jayne - was going to do the trifecta and add Tsarina as well, but I'll save that for February)
    5. Black (Bulgari)
    6. T-Rex (Zoologist - have a travel size and can't decide if it's love or loathe)
    7. La Fumée Arabie (Miller Harris)
    8. Meraviglia (Re Profumo)
    9. Ostara (Penhaligons - because I live in hope of Spring)
    10. Safran Troublant (L'AP)

I really haven't settled back after my stint in Pittsburgh and there are boxes of perfumes in all sorts of odd nooks and crannies in my flat and elsewhere, so using only these ten will allow me to put off the task of reassembling the rest of the posse in one place.
    Currently wearing: Je Reviens by Worth

I am not able to pick ten scents ahead of time and stick to it so I won’t try, but I do have a finish focus for the first quarter of 2019: PHI Rose de Kandahar, Guerlain Attrape-Coeur, Azaguray Stoned, MDCI Enlèvement au Sérail, and a decant of N. Goodsir Or du Sérail. The Azaguray and MDCI will be definitive finishings as I have no backups.

Last year's attempts proved that I am incapable of sticking to a perfume rotation, but I do have some things to finish and some projects to start:

I expect to finish a few decants, most notably:
    -The second 10 ml decant of Tsarina, and after finishing this I will spring for a full bottle, or at least the travel size option which is more wallet friendly
    -a 10 ml travel size of Dilettante, for which I already have a back up bottle
    -a 10 ml travel size of Moon Bloom, which will be replaced
    -a 10 ml travel size of Np. 18 EdT, which I won't be replacing
    -a 5 ml decant of Noir de Noir, which will not be replaced
    -a 10 ml decant of Chamade, which probably will be replaced
    -a 7.5 ml vintage mini of Samsara, for which I am currently hunting down a replacement

I will try to limit myself as much as possible to buying decants and travel sizes of new stuff, as full bottles tend to stress me out as I feel like I will never finish them, unless it's discontinued/vintage stuff.

I'll try to keep editing my wardrobe to make sure it doesn't grow out of control. I don't mind having many scents, but I don't like having too many mls.

In January I will probably go on a vintage aldehydic floral sampling spree, and I have a random assortment of samples coming that I look forward to testing.

My bigger plan for this year is to take a raw materials/notes sampling course, because I feel like I need to train my nose at this point.

Oh, and I also have the green light from my husband to help him extend his current 5 fragrance collection, good times!!!

That's an ambitious project. Sounds great!
    How do you know what a French whorehouse smells like?

Quote Originally Posted by Ebenas View Post
    January in Dublin - not normally inspiring but a perfume rotation will make it a lot better!

Idiot newbie question: Do you pick 10 and only use those 10 for the month?

I'm going to try:

1. Tiaré (Ormonde Jayne)
    2. Like This (ELDO)
    3. Mon Numéro 10 (L'AP)
    4. Tolu (Ormonde Jayne - was going to do the trifecta and add Tsarina as well, but I'll save that for February)
    5. Black (Bulgari)
    6. T-Rex (Zoologist - have a travel size and can't decide if it's love or loathe)
    7. La Fumée Arabie (Miller Harris)
    8. Meraviglia (Re Profumo)
    9. Ostara (Penhaligons - because I live in hope of Spring)
    10. Safran Troublant (L'AP)

I really haven't settled back after my stint in Pittsburgh and there are boxes of perfumes in all sorts of odd nooks and crannies in my flat and elsewhere, so using only these ten will allow me to put off the task of reassembling the rest of the posse in one place.
    To answer your question: more or less. I almost always “cheat” at least once. And last year I usually had rotations of about 15 that were seasonal in nature. Synchronized Fridays were one example. Testing samples was generally an exception to the rotation (especially for the Turin Quest). But if I wore something all day, I’d typically catalogue it under “also worn” to help me update my rotations for the next year or determine future purchases.

Sometimes I set a samples focus for the month, too, so that I can finally make a decision about something or a group of somethings.

I also regularly set finish focuses for perfumes of which I have 15 ml or less remaining.

Love your Ormonde Jayne focus!

Quote Originally Posted by Ebenas View Post
    Do you pick 10 and only use those 10 for the month?
    I'm setting aside seven instead of 10, and I only focus on them for the first 20 days or so of the month. For me, going off rotation anytime is fine as long as I get in multiple wearings of the ones I set aside.

I try to have 10 in my rotation, but I usually end up with about 12. I also allow myself to « cheat» during synch-Fridays. I however try to synch with whstI have in my rotation. I also sometimes allow myself to sample.

I have DOZENS of bottles I'd like to finish up, but in reality, my list is this:

1. Angel

:/

Here's a picture of the fragrances I've set aside for January

IMG_0132.jpg

Basenotes Plus

Here's a picture of the fragrances I've set aside for January
    It's Chanuary redux!

You need some Sycomore in that mix, Bavard.

Could I be of any help with that, or do you just not like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    It's Chanuary redux!

You need some Sycomore in that mix, Bavard.

Could I be of any help with that, or do you just not like it?
    I didn't like Sycomore edt enough to get a bottle, but I found it really interesting.

The first time I ever smelled any of the Chanel Exclusives at the New York City boutique, Sycomore was my clear favorite. When I wore it though, it was interesting but not quite in line with my tastes for a fragrance to wear for myself on any kind of regular basis.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

I don't have a rotation but more orientals and leathers come out in this cold. I've also discovered that some of these more-modern ambroxan bombs really cut the cold nicely, so there's that too.
    oh look, I have a signature

Basenotes Plus

it was interesting but not quite in line with my tastes for a fragrance to wear for myself on any kind of regular basis.
    Ah, well.... nobody's perfect!

Sillage Monster

January 2019 Rotation:

1. 31 rue Cambon
    2. No. 19 Poudre
    3. No. 22
    4. L’Heure Bleue
    5. Fille en Aiguilles
    6. Dzongkha
    7. L’Air du Desert Marocain
    8. Patch Flash

Some classics and some niche!
    The Merry, Merry Month of May

Orris & Sandalwood, Tuberose Angelica, Timbuktu, Patchouli Patch, Black Aoud, Buonissimo, Le Parfum de Therese