Code of Conduct

Default Feedback on Costume National "Soul" ?

So Guys...Long..Long I have been waiting for a Scent which comes close or smells very similar to my Hall of Fame Perfume and i.e. the Vintage YSL M7. I have heard Costume National "Soul" smells very similar to the Vintage YSL M7 is that true ?

If Yes, How is the Projection on Soul ? Does it Project and Stay long ? is it a Strong Scent or a Mild Scent ?

Default Re: Feedback on Costume National "Soul" ?

Nobody has smalled this or used this ? Wow ! That is Pretty Shocking !!

Soul is way sweeter and basically a straight amber with some synthetic smoky accord. Bitterness and woodyness of M7 is just not there. It is very strong, good longevity and projection. Smells good for a while, but gets dull and monotonous in the long run for me. Not a great substitution for vintage M7.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Ludlow View Post
    Soul is way sweeter and basically a straight amber with some synthetic smoky accord. Bitterness and woodyness of M7 is just not there. It is very strong, good longevity and projection. Smells good for a while, but gets dull and monotonous in the long run for me. Not a great substitution for vintage M7.
    How far would you say the projection is ? Atleast An Arm's distance ?

I got the Costume National Discovery Set last month and I really enjoyed Soul and Homme. Soul reminds me of a more wearable Interlude Man. It's definitely a beast mode fragrance, but not as nuclear as the Blue Beast. I would wear this in more formal occasions in the dead of winter. It's not an indoor office scent. However, if you were light on the trigger, then anything is possible. I can't comment on the M7 comparison, I still have yet to find a sample of the stuff. But since it's discontinued, I'll probably won't seek it out any time soon. Amber & Oud = Soul. I just wish it came in a 50ml bottle.

I agree with others. Sould and M7 both fall in the vast group of western oud-like reconstructions. But M7 is woody, dry, and with sweetness, while Soul is very smooth and ambery. It lasts well, though for me it's not beast projection.

Basenotes Plus

I like Soul very much. Imo it's a very loose relation to M7. Much more in the Jubilation vein. Excellent performance, completely linear, great fall scent. Spray too much and you'll exhaust yourself. No brainer for me to have in the wardrobe.

Ok so mixed feedback on the projection.Some day it is not a beast mode projection and some think it is.

I have a decant and for me it's a strong performer, similar to CN Homme. I go easy on the trigger with this one, maybe 2 sprays to the chest and i'm set for 8-10 hours. I agree it has some commonalities with Interlude, substitute the herbs with amber, but it's smoky like the blue beast. I also agree that it's linear and can get a bit tedious after a while, but it's a nice scent. However, I prefer CN Homme to Soul.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Ludlow View Post
    Yes agree. I find Soul nice for the first hour when all it’s parts are bouncing off each other, spices, woods, amber, rose, smoke. It’s all quite impressive. But the drydown emphasises too much of the tangy, bitter woods. I would rather it finished on a more rounded, softer accord.
    Currently wearing: Oud Essentiel by Guerlain

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Performance was above average on my skin. Smell for me was just OK.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I have tested "Costume National Soul" out before & the first thing I thought of while smelling it was "Yves Saint Laurent M7!" I was actually quite surprised that Soul hasn't been compared to M7 a whole lot more.. Now while Soul is not a clone of M7 they are quite similar, yet Soul does have it's own personality.. If you enjoy M7 you might want to give Soul a sniff! It also seemed to perform pretty good!

Quote Originally Posted by DolceThaDon View Post
    I have tested "Costume National Soul" out before & the first thing I thought of while smelling it was "Yves Saint Laurent M7!" I was actually quite surprised that Soul hasn't been compared to M7 a whole lot more.. Now while Soul is not a clone of M7 they are quite similar, yet Soul does have it's own personality.. If you enjoy M7 you might want to give Soul a sniff! It also seemed to perform pretty good!
    Thanks for your feedback I am definitely kinking pretty seriously to get a decent of this and if I like will get a full bottle. I a die hard fan of the Vintage YSL M7 !

DolceThaDon, please take note of this. Your inbox is full and no one can PM you.

Please see this thread.....

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/462...PM-box-is-full
    Basenotes sales: Tiffany for Men Concen, de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626