Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default Houses doing non EU compliant scents

Rogue, Bortnikoff, Areej le Dore...

Who else is doing scents with natural ingredients not compliant with EU synthetic rules?

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bķzios Brasil

Default Re: Houses doing non EU compliant scents

Honore Des Pres is my understanding.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Perhaps Profumo - Abdes Salaam? Sultan Pasha?

Dependent

Slumberhouse, perhaps.

Has anyone actually heard of perfumes being cracked down on because of non-compliance ?

Rising Phoenix can be added to the list I believe. These houses are my frontiers for further exploration in 2019. Delighted overall with my recent purchase from RP, Areej and Bortnikoff.

With the amount of moss going into Eucris I would guess Geo F Trumper but can’t say for sure.

With the amount of moss going into Mousse Illuminee I am extremely sure Rogue Perfumery is on that list
    CURRENT FAVOURITES
    Rogue Perfumery Mousse Illuminee
    Creed Bois du Portugal
    Creed Aventus
    Amouage Jubilation XXV
    Ralph Lauren Polo (Vintage)
    Houbigant Fougere Royale
    Geo F Trumper Eucris EdP
    Nicolai New York Intense
    Hermes Bel Ami

I have a question. So if they don't comply with EU rules, do they have to use third parties to distribute their fragrances to EU countries? I know nothing about how these restrictions work.

Honore Des Pres is available in the EU I know because I own a few of them bought in sales.

My understanding is as long as the perfumer has a message stating the inclusion of whatever ingredient there is no problem.

Oh, and it is not just the EU who have rules about ingredients.

Musk from the musk deer is banned worldwide because it is an endangered animal and has been since the 80s.
    DONNA

Basenotes Plus

IFRA is voluntary but EU rules are legally mandatory. These are increasing and being added to constantly. I’m looking for options outside of the EU

Quote Originally Posted by thrilledchilled View Post
    IFRA is voluntary but EU rules are legally mandatory. These are increasing and being added to constantly. Iím looking for options outside of the EU
    Mousse Louminese from Rogue perfumery is a great non IFRA fragrance that is strong, lasts, and is a likable scent. The best out of their 4 IMO. The other 3 are very old school smell, now while respectable, I Don't think they're wearable in public.

Super Member notspendingamillion's Avatar

Rouge +1
    Itís tragic to think that heroic manís great destiny is to become economic man, that men will be reduced to craven creatures who crawl across the globe competing for money, who spend their nights dreaming up new ways to swindle each other.

Rogue is also coming out with a smokey/insense fragrance very soon

Mousse Louminese +1
    Just ordered a full bottle. Rogue perfumery has hauntingly beautiful perfume. The price point for what you are getting is exceptional. He has a sample set that is perfect for anyone who wants to try his offerings.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyboi View Post
    Mousse Louminese +1
    Just ordered a full bottle. Rogue perfumery has hauntingly beautiful perfume. The price point for what you are getting is exceptional. He has a sample set that is perfect for anyone who wants to try his offerings.
    Completely agree. All theirs I’ve tried are great.

Please stay on topic - stick to fragrance related EU compliant discussion only.

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by lleblanc1986 View Post
    Mousse Louminese from Rogue perfumery is a great non IFRA fragrance that is strong, lasts, and is a likable scent. The best out of their 4 IMO. The other 3 are very old school smell, now while respectable, I Don't think they're wearable in public.
    Currently underway exploring this line. So far I'm quite impressed.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/446...d-Fridays-2018

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

I'm pretty sure Papillon isn't compliant.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."
    Currently wearing: Incendo by La Curie

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    I'm pretty sure Papillon isn't compliant.
    They are. From http://www.kafkaesqueblog.com/2015/0...cs-and-the-eu/

This is the stage where I make myself a cup of tea and hand the reins over to Simon, poor man. EU compliance is everything if we want to sell our perfumes in shops so every one of the perfumes has full safety assessments carried out on them which gives us all of the official documentation required. Simon will then look at my finished formula and we will go through this together and I’ll give him all the information that the lab will need: MSDS sheets for each material, extraction process and county of origin for each natural component and whether the natural is from petals, roots, resin etc. Simon then calculates the percentage for each individual material that will appear in the finished product. IFRA and EU have different criteria for different materials; some have limited usage in the finished formula and some have limits for the perfume compound, so Simon will calculate this also.

Quote Originally Posted by thrilledchilled View Post
    They are. From http://www.kafkaesqueblog.com/2015/0...cs-and-the-eu/

This is the stage where I make myself a cup of tea and hand the reins over to Simon, poor man. EU compliance is everything if we want to sell our perfumes in shops so every one of the perfumes has full safety assessments carried out on them which gives us all of the official documentation required. Simon will then look at my finished formula and we will go through this together and I’ll give him all the information that the lab will need: MSDS sheets for each material, extraction process and county of origin for each natural component and whether the natural is from petals, roots, resin etc. Simon then calculates the percentage for each individual material that will appear in the finished product. IFRA and EU have different criteria for different materials; some have limited usage in the finished formula and some have limits for the perfume compound, so Simon will calculate this also.
    Wow, this actually increases my respect for the perfumer. They sure don't smell compliant! Proof that it can be done.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."
    Currently wearing: Incendo by La Curie

Mousse Louminese +1
    And here it is!!! Love the presentation of it all.F1F3D9C3-005F-4AB6-B99D-EE77E2B8D9C9.jpg

Freed from BN Institution

And here it is!!! Love the presentation of it all.F1F3D9C3-005F-4AB6-B99D-EE77E2B8D9C9.jpg
    Have you tried the others? Chypre-Siam and Tabac Vert were really good.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/446...d-Fridays-2018

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35